Jealous (Yves and 2Jin)

Life Of Eve

A/N: I realize the error of my title and synopsis when I notice half of my drafts are actually not in Yves’s perspective. Its usually other Loona members feat. Yves but she’s still has an important role to the plot. Hope you all enjoy this chapter!

 

Jealous (Yves and 2Jin)

Hyunjin wasn’t always the jealous type. She prefers to keep away from things that can cause drama since she had enough love trouble during her school days. She was like a cat after all, minding her own business in favor of sleeping, bread and of course, her favorite person/owner, Heejin. They were basically inseparable, always being seen together since the day they first met.  

They were like the best of friends… until it changed.

She didn’t know when her feelings change from a simple friendship to a more complicated mushy love. But what she does know is the feeling of irritation whenever she sees Heejin together with Yves. Hyunjin wasn’t usually like this. Heejin was always being playful and clingy with other members so why she was irritated with Yves was something she didn’t know…yet.

The irritation only grew the past couple of days, seeing them always stand close together, talking and laughing to each other’s jokes, going practice dancing alone without inviting anyone. Most of all, Heejin would always be clingy to Yves whenever she wants some food. Heejin usually go to her whenever that happens! Was Hyunjin being replace or something!?

She needed to know the reason why Heejin was spending more time with Yves. So, when the said girl shown up at their dorm’s doorstep after apparently a dance practice with Yves, YET AGAIN, she dragged Heejin up the rooftop so that no one would eavesdrop on them.

“What’s wrong Hyunjin? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

“That is…” she tried to chose her words carefully. “I see you spent a lot of your time a lot with Sooyoungnie. D-did something happen?”

Heejin raised her eyebrows, “No, nothing bad happen. Its’ just that she’s giving me extra tips and lessons to improve my dance skills.”

There was a sigh of relief. “I-I see, but I’m sure the others can help you too, I mean Jung Eunnie is a good dancer so she might give more pointers too.”

Heejin suddenly felt embarrassed and Hyunjin got a sinking feeling she will not like what Heejin’s going to say next.

“It’s just, I want to be just the two of us…”

Every thing after that was a blur for Hyunjin and before she knows it, she was in the kitchen preparing dinner. Today’s cooking duty was her, Olivia, Yves and Heejin but since Heejin is bad at it, she was forbidden to enter.

“Pleaseeee, can I just help a bit.”

Heejin whine outside the kitchen, her head peeking in on them.

Olivia sighed, “For the hundred times, no unnie. You’re just going to ruin everything again.”

“Hyeejo so mean!” Heejin pouted. “Hyunjin! Please, please, please let me help.”

Hyunjin shook her head. The last time she did that, Heejin almost burn the kitchen down.

Yves chuckled, “You can come help me, Heejin.”

Heejin’s eyes sparkled and hop towards Yves.

Olivia shook her head, her Yves unnie likes to spoil the members too much. “I’m not going to be held responsible if something happens with the food unnie.”

Again, Yves just smile that kind smile, patting Olivia’s head, much to the maknea’s dismay.

“Its fine, Heejin just cut this vegetable. Careful of the knife, okay?”

Heejin nodded enthusiastically and began cutting it.

Hyunjin could feel the tomato in her hand crush, her irritation grew tenfold, not noticing Olivia’s amuse stare.

Dinner preparation went without trouble, with the exception of Heejin almost putting sugar instead of salt to the food. Hyunjin was expecting the other girl to sit beside her, she always does. Unfortunately, that sitting streak was broken when Heejin decide to sit beside Yves instead. What’s worst was that they were feeding each other. At this point, Hyunjin just felt angry but kept her face as motionless as possible, until she saw Yves smirking at her. The chopsticks she was holding broke and again Olivia’s amuse stare went unnoticed.

From that day on, Hyunjin made it her mission to not let Heejin be alone in the same room as Yves. Wherever Heejin goes, Hyunjin would follow, even going so far as to interrupt their private dance lesson despite Heejin’s protest. But of course, all her mission backfired miserably.

The first was to cook breakfast for Heejin and the other members. Usually the others would cook for themselves but in rare times Yves would cook for them. So Hyunjin concoct a plan to impress Heejin with her cooking skills. So, she cooked something that Heejin likes, her special Kimchi stew.

“Umm, Hyunjinie…” Yeojin look hesitant as do the other members.

“Isn’t this too heavy for breakfast?” Jinsoul said.

It really was and even Heejin agrees, to her disappointment. They needed to go in 30 minutes and while the others aren’t sure what to do, Haseul and Yves step in.

“You can just put it in the fridge so that we could eat later.” Haseul said.

“I’ll make something quick for breakfast.” Yves offered and walked back into the kitchen.

Mission one ended with Hyunjin feeling a bit miserable. Well, it’s a good thing she had the ability to move on fast cause she needed to initiate plan B now!

“Heejin! Let me help you with the choreo.”

Hyunjin called out when they were alone. The new choreo for their comeback was different compare to their debut. More powerful, complex movements and synchronization. Hyunjin had given it her all to perfect her part, in fact she could confidently say she spent the most time practicing than any other members, including Yves. So, no way she would lose to anyone.

“Umm, Hyunjin, I’m really sorry but the part where I needed to practice more is the 2nd chorus. I made Sooyoungnie promise me to give me extra lessons on that part.”

With that, Heejin left to dance practice with Yves. Hyunjin dejectedly drag herself back to the dance studio with Olivia looking at her with pity, or was it amusement she just doesn’t care anymore.

With plan B fail, the only thing Hyunjin could come up with is by forcing her way in-between Heejin and Yves. And that’s what she does whenever she sees Heejin and Yves being close to one another. She would just squeeze her way through or being extra clingy to Heejin so that she would focus only on her.

And again, her plan backfired on her. Hyunjin was always patient. She was not one to get mad so easily. But the sight of Heejin walking towards Yves with a huge smile instead of her made her lose her temper that in one of their playful banters, Hyunjin accidently push Yves a little too hard.

“Sooyoungnie!” Go Won rush towards Yves after noticing the girl’s distorted face.

“Are you hurt?” Chuu was immediately beside Yves, looking over her for any injuries.

“I’m fine, I’m fine. Don’t worry about it.” Yves tried to stand up but immediately sat back down while holding her foot.

Heejin seeing everything furrow her eyebrows at Hyunjin, “Hyunjin! Why did you do that?”

Hyunjin open , trying to explain but no words came out. All she wanted was Heejin to look at her and no one else. She wasn’t sure why the thought of Heejin being happy with someone other than her made her sad and irritating. Until a sudden realization hit her like a truck.

Her face suddenly turn beet red, hands flew to her gaping mouth as she stared wide eyes at the still fuming Heejin before she ran out of the practice room.

“Hyunjin! Come back here!”

It was already night time and Hyunjin found herself sitting on the rooftop area, head buried in her arms. How could she be blind after all this time? Now wonder this feeling was oh so familiar to her. Her feelings, her behavior, the sudden irritation when she saw Yves being so close to Heejin. She once vowed not to be like those cliché characters who are dense about their own feelings, like her certain crush, but look at her now, she was the same as them!

She felt distress now, knowing Heejin must’ve hated her for what she has done. If Yves got hurt then their choreo will be affected tremendously, and this will affect the members morale and then Heejin will be unhappy. And everything was her own fault.

“Stupid Hyunjin…aeong…”

“Hyunjin.”

Startled, she looked over at the rooftop door. It was Heejin looking concern. Hyunjin didn’t want to look at her, she still felt ashamed for the unnecessary trouble she caused this morning. She sense Heejin sitting beside her.

There was a moment of silence until Heejin spoke up.

“Hyunjin… I’m sorry.”

Hyunjin snapped her head back up, that wasn’t something she expected.

“W-Why are you apologizing?”

Heejin look guilty, “As your best friend, I should’ve realized that something was troubling you. But I didn’t, I fail to see that. I’m so sorry for ignoring you after all this time.”

Hyunjin shook her head. “No! No! It wasn’t your fault. It never was, it’s…it’s my fault actually…”

Heejin suddenly look determined and grab her hands, “If something is troubling you, please just tell me. I want to help you Hyunjin.”

Oh no, Hyunjin was actually new to this. Yes, she did have an experience of being in love before but that was a long time ago and its one-sided! So, she did what she does best, run away!

“I’m sorry!”

She moved her body to run back into the dorm, only to be grab by Heejin. They both fell down and when Hyunjin turn, she found herself being pin down by Heejin. She was about to force her way out when she suddenly felt something wet drop down her cheeks.

“Why…am I just not good enough to be your friend…?

The object of her affection was crying and Hyunjin felt a thousand knife cut through her heart.

“No! Please don’t cry, I’m sorry!”

Hyunjin lifted herself up and hug Heejin tightly while her other hand caress her back. Now she felt really, really bad. Her self-loathing only grew when she heard Heejin sniffling. Hyunjin closed her eyes and continue comforting her.

When she sensed Heejin stop crying, Hyunjin lifted her head and brush the tears away using her thumbs. She unconsciously stared down at Heejin’s lips.

Her mind went blank for a second and before she knows it, their lips touch. When they separated, Heejin looked dumbfounded.

“Eh?”

“Huh?”

“I’m so sorry!” Hyunjin raise her arms up and quickly retreated back until she hit the wall hard.

“OUCH!”

“Hyunjin!”

Heejin immediately went to her side, looking over for any injuries but the sighed of Hyunjin’s blushing face made her flustered.

“I’m sorry!” Hyunjin started to blabber. “I didn’t mean to kiss you so sudden! I’m sorry! If you think it’s weird then we can just pretend it never happens, I mean the reason why I kiss you is probably because I have a crush on you but if you think it’s disgusting and—”

Heejin kiss her. This time the kiss was sweet and gentle. Hyunjin slowly calms down and try to savor the warmth of the other girl’s lips, both enjoying each other presence.

 

 

Peeking from the rooftop door was Olivia, looking bored as usual and Yves who had a stupid grin on her face. The YYXY maknea gazed at their leader, who inexplicably look okay for someone who got hurt this morning.

“You did it on purpose didn’t you, unnie?”

Yves shrug and went back down to their dorm room, “I don’t know what you’re talking about Heyjoo~”