Drunk and trouble (Yves and Maknaes)

Life Of Eve

A/N: Just a disclaimer that this is just fanfiction. What I write doesn’t always represent a realistic take on our current society and the characters I write are certainly OOC most of the time. I apologize if I ever offend the readers out there.

Also, for this chapter, the idea came when I read about the Loona fan meeting where Yves being the strongest drinker. I also love her relationship with Olivia. Those two always fight, but I’m sure deep down they care about each other…I hope.

 

Drunk and trouble (Yves and Maknaes)

Olivia starting to regret this. How could she let herself be drag into this mess was something she could not understand. Well actually she could. It was her own damn fault to begin with!

It was one of those days when all the other members with the exception of the three maknaes were out doing their own things (Its for plot purposes people! Don’t question it!). They had recently ended their first fan meet for their butterfly comeback promotion and even though their schedules are a bit hectic, they still manage to find time to relax and do their own things.

The current hot topic during the fan meet was their alcohol tolerance. How much they could drink, who drinks the most and who’s the weakest? Of course, this pique the interest of the two maknaes who were currently having a discussion in the dorm’s living room.

“So, do you really think Soyoungnie can drink more than the others?” Yeojin asked.

“Hmmm, most probably. Remember when Sooyoungnie and Haseul unnie order beer? Haseul unnie was knock out after few sips but Sooyoungunie kept on going for like, what, 3 or 4 cans?”

“She must’ve gotten used to drinking a lot.” Yeojin wonders. “I wonder how many cups I can take…”

“Probably half a cup.” Choerry said cheekily.

“No way!”

Choerry laughed, “What do you think, Hyejoo?”

Both girls looked at the occupant of the single couch, eyes staring at the TV screen with her usual bored expression.

“About what?”

“About who’s the strongest drinker! You think its Sooyoungnie too, right?”

Olivia furrowed her eyebrows. Somehow during the fan meeting, a lot of fans always bought up the topic about alcohol and how much they could tolerate it. Olivia, Choerry and Yeojin were spare from the embarrassment since they were still young but the others not so much, with the exception of Go Won.

From what she heard, all the unnie seem to agree that Yves could drink the most and not get drunk. They would often witness when some of the older members went out for a drink and came back with everyone, except for Yves, already fast asleep from intoxication.

“I hate to admit it, but Sooyoungnie is probably the most experience than any of us…”

“Hmm, I wonder what it tastes like…?” Yeojin mumble to no one which sparks an idea from the three maknaes.

“You’re thinking what I’m thinking?” Choerry grinned.

Olivia didn’t like where this was going, “No we are not doing this, but if you’re so adamant to go then leave me out of this.”

She stood up and was going to go back to her room to play her switch game.

“Hmm, I guess it’s a bad idea after all. Well Sooyoungnie is the strongest drinker so I doubt we can hold a drink or two.”

Olivia stops.

Olivia Hye or Hyejoo, wasn’t the type of person who likes being bother. She was the quiet, unfriendly and cold type who likes to be left alone just like her animal representation. She thought she will be an outcast when she joins Loona… until Yves started invading her life.

Despite being the leader of their sub-unit, Yves was childish, mischievous and likes to tease people like her. It was really annoying that Olivia started to talk back. She was sure Haseul and their managers would scold her for it but Yves made it seems like it not a big deal and continue teasing her. Their relationship continued like that as both were really competitive towards each other.

It’s the same now. Her instinct doesn’t want to let Yves hold the title of the strongest drinker. She refuses to stay quiet about it so she dumbly declared that they should go and try it out.

 

 

They went to a nearby restaurant and sat at the far corner away from the public eyes plus there weren’t a lot of customers so they might be safe... for now. Choerry had to stuff her hair in a beanie hat since her purple hair is strikingly familiar.

They each order their own food and Olivia requested a bottle of shoju and a can of beer. The waitress cast a suspicious glared at Yeojin and Olivia quickly said it was for herself. The waitress nodded and left without complaint, leaving Choerry and Yeojin teasing Olivia for looking old.

Few minutes later their food and drinks finally came. The maknaes chatted excitedly (except for Olivia) about their comeback until they were done with their main course. Now the three of them were staring at the beer and soju, not knowing what to do. Olivia breathe in and out before she pours a glass and gulp the whole content. The others stared expectantly but seeing Olivia’s no expression face, Choerry and Yeojin decided to take a sip of the beer.

It wasn’t long when the three maknaes were already drunk out of their mind. Yeojin and Choerry were loud and talkative while Olivia just sat there staring dozily into space.

Suddenly a group of girls came in and sat not far from them. The maknaes continue their enthusiastic conversations until they caught the girls mentioning Loona.

“Have you seen the new comeback from Loona?” girl A said.

“Yeah, the song was catchy but it wasn’t really that great!” girl B said making the others laughed.

“That’s right, they may be thinking their song will be a hit! But it’s actually a flop.”

Again, the girls laughed out loud. Choerry and Yeojin just glared at the girl’s direction while Olivia completely ignores them in favor of the glass of soju in her hands.

“They think they’re so special, having their own solo songs but not all of them are great!”

They continue to throw insults not knowing the real members were sitting close. Choerry and Yeojin look mad and disappointed at the criticism, Olivia just completely ignores them even though one of the girls called her a selfish .

“What about the Yves girl?”

Girl C snorted, “People says she’s good at dancing but her dancing is just average. Even her voice isn’t so great.”

“Yeah, I bet I could dance better than her. She’s just !”

“She might think she looks confident, but she’s actually a nerd. Even the way she talks is nothing like an idol.”

Choerry and Yeojin didn’t realize Olivia was already walking towards them. And before they could do anything, Olivia pour the bottle of soju to the girls’ head.

“What the—you !”

And just like that, a fight ensues. After a punch or two, they were forcefully separated by the restaurant employees and another group of customers who happen to just arrive.

“What the—Hyejoo, Yerim, Yeojin! Have you three been drinking!?”

The familiar voice of Haseul stop them from struggling.

Seems like Haseul, Jinsoul, Kim Lip and their manager decided to stop by the restaurant to get something to eat but were surprise to see a fight broke out. They were about to leave when Jinsoul pointed out that it was them so they quickly defuse the situation before it got worst.

“We’re in trouble, aren’t we?” Choerry said in her small voice.

 

 

They were more than just ‘in trouble’. The CEO, Sunhye Kim, was really furious. The three maknaes were currently being lecture and yell at in the CEO’s office whereas the other members, minus Yves who was stuck in traffic, were outside listening in to the conversation. The voice got louder and louder and they could make up words like, ruining the company’s image, distasteful rumors and defiling all the hard work they pour into.

Chuu repeatedly dial a certain number, she had been calling Yves ever since the manager wanted to meet them at BBC’s office and Yves had asked her to give occasional updates. Go Won was right beside her, looking worry by the second. Haseul and Kim Lip wanted to go in but the managers didn’t let them since the CEO had warn them not to interfere. Vivi was comforting Heejin and Hyunjin while Jinsoul just stared at the door as if ready to burst in at any moment.

The tense atmosphere diminishes a little when Yves arrived. Chuu and Go Won immediately went to her side, their eyes a bit teary. Yves gave them encouraging words before they settle in to listen to what’s going on inside. The voice of their CEO got louder than usual and Yves decide to burst in after hearing about getting kick out. She pushed their managers away, the rest of the members following behind.

Inside Choerry and Yeojin were already a sobbing mess while Olivia just look down, not meeting anyone’s eyes. The CEO stop yelling and glared at Yves.

“What’s the meaning of this? I told you to not disturb me.”

“Sorry to interrupt,” Yves didn’t look sorry at all. “But don’t you think it’s a little over the top with you kicking them out like that.”

“They already ruin the image of this company! You think we should just let this slide after what they’ve done!”

“Of course not! But you don’t have to ing say things like that! You’re not the only one who works hard for Loona! They do as well!”

“How dare you speak to me like that!?”

The argument became heated by the second, the rest of the members went to their maknaes side to comfort them. They never seen their CEO raise her voice to them before and they certainly never seen Yves this angry.

“If that’s the case then you should get out now! Don’t think I won’t kick you out from here because I will!”

Before Yves could replied, a voice interrupt. “Alright that’s enough, the both of you.”

Jaden had listened in for a while and never did agree to kick anyone out. But since the situation just got worst, he quickly steps in to stop any hasten decision-making.

“Jaden, I told you this—” the CEO began but Jaden raise a hand to calm her.

“I know, I know. But kicking them out wouldn’t solve anything, believe me. You don’t have to worry about the restaurant and their customers. We had already made proper compensation and help pay any medical bills for any injuries.”

The CEO sighed and rubbed her forehead in frustration before looking at maknaes.

“You three are lucky nothing bad happen.” She looked at the other members, “All personal activities are suspended for now, if you needed to go somewhere, I would advise you to go with your manager.”

After more warnings, they all finally returning back to their dorm. The ride back was unpleasant with Yeojin still a sobbing mess, Haseul and Vivi try their best to comfort her while Heejin and Hyunjin occasionally gave soothing words. Kim Lip and Jinsoul on the other hand, try to cheer Choerry up by making poor attempt of jokes. Though it works a bit since Choerry smile a little. Olivia was leaning away, still devoid of any expression. Chuu and Go Won could only looked worry for the maknae while Yves just sat quietly beside them looking outside the scenery.

They finally arrive at their dorm but their moods were still somber. Times like this Yves and Chuu would always lighten things up with cheeky jokes but with Yves looking serious its hard to say anything about it.

Yves finally broke the silence after they settle in.

“Yeojin, Yerim, Heyjoo, I want to talk to you three for a minute.”

“Hey, Sooyoung, just let them rest—” Kim Lip began but Haseul shook her head, signaling for Kim Lip to let Yves handle it.

The tension returns and everyone held their breathe when Yves began ranting.

“Do you know what the three of you just did?” Yves began. “You three just went to a restaurant and order alcohol! You are not old enough to drink and yet still go get yourself drunk without thinking of the consequences! You know that I don’t ing care what happen to our image but what I do care is what would happen to you three! You’re lucky that no one was there to take advantage when your sorry asses were drunk! Everyone was so worry about you girls! Don’t you three ever do that again, you understand me!”

Choerry and Yeojin began to tear up again but instead, Olivia shockingly was the one who first broke. Her sobbing made all members looked at her in shock. They didn’t expect to see Olivia crying since the girl didn’t seem to be affected much during the whole ordeal.

“I-I’m sorry…I-I’m really…sorry…” Olivia kept repeating, tears running down her cheeks.

To her, Olivia could accept criticism or hate from other people, she couldn’t care less if the CEO was upset or threatening to kick her out. But she just couldn’t take it with Yves being disappointed in her. Their relationship has always been rocky. She would always try to prove to Yves that she could do better than her. In reality, she just wants Yves’s approval. Go Won understands her, that’s why she never reprimands her whenever Olivia started arguing with Yves.

While the others were too stun to react, Yves sighed and hug the younger girl.

“Shhh, its fine. Its fine. Just don’t do something like that again, okay. ”

Yves said, then look at the other two maknaes. “Come here you two.”

She enveloped the three of them in a tight hug.

“I’m sorry for raising my voice at you three.”

Choerry shook her head, “Don’t say sorry, your just worry about us.”

“We’re the ones who should be sorry for causing trouble for everyone.” Yeojin added.

The gloomy atmosphere suddenly changes to a heart-warming scene as the girls in Yves arms slowly found their own smile. The other members soon join in on the hug, the force of all the other 8 members made them tumbling down. Laughter fill the air in the Loona dorm as Yves happily announce that she will cook the maknaes favorite food.

“Oh! Oh! Let me help!” Heejin said excitedly.

““No!!!””