Unrequited? (ChuuLip)

Life Of Eve

Kim Lip sighed when she looked over the messiness of their living room. Didn’t she clean it just yesterday? The sound of exciting shouts and squeals made her remember why the place was a mess.

“Good morning, Jungeun.” Haseul greeted as she exited the bathroom.

Kim Lip didn’t answer and instead just stared into space.

“What’s the matter with Jungeun-unnie?” she heard Yeojin from behind her.

There was the sound of shuffling footsteps. Kim Lip could feel Haseul and Yeojin peeking from behind her.

“Ah, no wonder.”

“Wow.”

On que, Choerry and Go Won ran across the room both laughing happily. Kim Lip sighed once again and rubbed her forehead in frustration. She was about to yell at them when Chuu suddenly burst out from the direction where Choerry and Go Won were with her contagious smile and cute laughter.

The words disappear as Kim Lip could only feel embarrassed. All the anger and frustration evaporated in the blink of an eye as she saw Chuu waved at her and proceed to ran towards the direction to where Go Won and Choerry ran off.

Yeojin looked confused whereas Haseul could only gave a knowing smile, “Let’s go, Yeojin. We need to get ready before the manager gets here.”

With the other two left, Kim Lip found herself sighed for the nth time. Haseul was right, they needed to get ready, they had a busy schedule ahead of the day. With that in mind, she began to clean the place up once again.

“Wow, what happen here?” Yves entered the living room with her bath towel hanging around her neck.

Kim Lip shouldn’t be surprise to see the leader of YYXY still in her pjs. Yves didn’t have any sense of urgency and it shows when the older girl flop on the sofa without a care in the world.

“You do know that we need to get ready in 30 minutes, right?”

“Sure do.” Yves said with her eyes closed.

Again, Kim Lip sighed and continue to clean the place up. The sound of Chuu’s laughter made her stop and when she looked up, Kim Lip felt a thug of pain in her heart. Chuu had drop herself on Yves and proceeded to hug the older girl in an affectionate manner. Yves on the other hand, looked annoy but at the same time gave in to Chuu’s bear hug.

Seeing how intimate they are made Kim Lip feel something twisted inside her gut. It was unbearable that she had to looked away. Clenching her fist, she continues to clean the place up whereas trying her best to ignore the other two by the sofa.

She knew she shouldn’t feel this way since she’s the one who decide to not persuade this crush of hers since high school. She knew Chuu was too good for her and believe the girl could find someone much better. It’s just so happens that someone was one of her close friends, Yves.

There was nothing really bad about Yves, in fact, Kim Lip believe Yves can give Chuu the happiness she deserves. They always seem to spent a lot of time together, eating, watching TV and shopping. And seeing Chuu having fun was a sign that Yves was making the bubbly girl happy, and yet, Kim Lip still can’t seem to accept it.

“What am I doing?”

“What are you doing?” a voice from behind made her jump. It was Jinsoul already dress up and ready to go.

“Ah geez, unnie you scare me!”

Jinsoul looked skeptical, but didn’t say anything. Instead, she looked over at the sprawling duo on the couch and chuckled.

“Come on you two! The manager would be angry if she sees both of you still in your pjs.”

Yves and Chuu race to the bathroom, both playfully push the other away. Kim Lip looked distant but Jinsoul didn’t say anything about it as she knew what this was all about.

-

Their ‘Color’ dance practice was going well until Kim Lip lose focus halfway. Seeing Yves and Chuu having a moment during one of the choreo was hard for her. Their dance teacher seems to notice her distraction so he gave them a few minutes break.

“Jungeun, is something the matter? You’re not usually like this.” Their choreography teacher, Aeong, asked.

Kim Lip gave a reassuring smile, telling him that she’s just tired. He didn’t buy it but Kim Lip was thankful he didn’t push further. Jinsoul suddenly pulled her out of the practice room and into the empty corridor.

“Unnie?”

“Are you really okay with this?”

“Huh?”

“Jungeun… are you really alright with not telling Jiwoo about your feeling?”

Kim Lip was speechless, she wanted to deny it but the look Jinsoul gave her made her stop. She recognizes it, it’s the same look whenever she looked in the mirror and think about Jiwoo.

“Unnie… you like someone too?”

Jinsoul looked away as a sign of it being true. And instead she said, “I understand what you’re going through. If you think you don’t need to confess to Jiwoo, then that’s your decision. Just be prepare for the pain and heartache you’re going through later.”

“Unnie… is the person you like, one of us?”

Instead of answering, Jinsoul re-enter the dance practice room, leaving Kim Lip to ponder about it alone.

-

The next day, Kim Lip wasn’t fairing better. Seeing Chuu clinging to Yves all the time was making her feel more frustrated. She thought she just needed time to accept it, but everyday when she sees Chuu and Yves sticking close together the pain became more unbearable. The suffocation got into her head that day when Kim Lip made more mistakes then she normally did that the dance teacher force to them to have an early break.

“Jungeun are you really okay? If you have something in mind, you can just tell me. I’ll listen you know!” Chuu said again and again that it made Kim Lip finally snapped.

“I told you it’s nothing! Just mind your own business will you!”

“…”

It was the first time Kim Lip raise her voice like that to Chuu. Every eye looked at the two, afraid of the building tension.

Yves was the first to break the tension as she stands in between Kim Lip and Chuu.

“You don’t have to raise your voice like that Jungeun! Jiwoo was just worry about you.”

It took a second for Kim Lip to realize what she was doing. Amidst her anger, she accidently lashes out at the source of her own frustration. It was then Kim Lip realize Chuu looking at her with teary eyes while clinging to the back of Yves’s shirt.

“I-I…” she couldn’t say anything. It wasn’t anyone’s fault but hers. She was the one who decide to accept things the way it is.

“…sorry, I-I need to be alone for now…” Kim Lip exited the practice room.

No one dare break the silence. Jinsoul wanted to go after her but knew she wasn’t the one who could fix things. She felt someone pulling her arm sleeve, it was Choerry looking worry.

Well, the only one who could the fix this is…

“Jiwoo, you should go after her.”

“Eh? B-But…”

Chuu hesitant. Of course she wanted to go after Kim Lip but the way the girl pushed her away made her think Kim Lip hated her. Kim Lip must’ve thought she was annoying with her constant talking. Just now proves it… so she thinks.

Yves on the other hand gave out a loud sight before looking back at Chuu with a reassuring smile.

“It’s alright Jiwoo, I know Jungeun didn’t mean it. Go talk to her, I’m sure you both needed it.”

-

The break room was empty just as what Kim Lip wanted. She needed a place to sort everything out before facing Chuu and the others.

“I can’t believe I just yell at Jiwoo like that.”

Just remembering the looked on Chuu’s face made her feel devastated. Chuu was hurt and what’s worst, she was the one who hurt the girl.

Her self-loathing was interrupted by footsteps and when Kim Lip looked up, she was surprise to see Chuu.

“C-Can I sit next to you?”

Chuu’s small voice echo throughout the empty room.

“S-Sure…”

It was awkward to say the least. Both didn’t say anything at first but when they tried to talk, nothing came to mind.

Fortunately, it didn’t take long for Chuu to think about it as she let her feelings do the talking, “Jungeun... I’m sorry.”

Kim Lip was surprised, “What!? N-No, I’m the one that should say sorry. I yell at you when you’re just worry about me…”

“But weren’t you angry cause I was being annoying?”

“Of course not! Jiwoo, I-I’m sorry. It’s just that I was having a lot on my mind lately. I shouldn’t lash out at you like that. It was stupid of me… I’m really sorry for making you feel this way.”

Kim Lip lowered her head hoping Chuu would accept her apology but the silence was making her feel more anxious.

Then she felt arms wrapped around her head, the sound of heartbeat filled her ears. It took her awhile to realize Chuu hugging her. Kim Lip blushed hard, spitting out incoherent words.

“It’s alright, I forgive you.”

Just with that soft words made Kim Lip teary but she held it back.

-

They were heading back to the practice room with their hands interwind. Kim Lip was happy things were normal now, well as normal as it can be.

“By the way Jiwoo can I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

“You don’t have to answer… do you like Sooyoungnie?”

“Of course, I like her.”

“No, no. I mean like in a more than friend way.”

That stops Chuu and the bubbly girl looked skeptical at first before shyly looking down. Kim Lip felt her heart clench as she waited for the girl’s responds.

“I do like her…” Kim Lip held her breathe. “…but just in as a friend kind of way.”

“Eh?” Kim Lip’s mind turn blank. And before she could say anything, Chuu giggled and wink. “Sooyoungnie already has someone she likes and besides, I already have someone on my mind.”

Chuu let go of their hands and walk off.

“Wait! Who!? Who do you like?”

Chuu turned and smiled sly, “It’s a secret~” then ran.

Kim Lip shook her head and ran after the girl.

When they entered the practice room, the other girls were relief at the sight of them both laughing.

Jinsoul and Choerry went to Kim Lip’s side, telling her if she needed someone to talk to then they will always be there for the OEC leader. Kim Lip felt guilty for making them worry, especially Choerry so she promises it won’t happen again. Jinsoul was glad everything works out before glancing at the direction of the yyxy members.

Chuu laugh loudly as she let Yves pat her head whereas Olivia and Gowon smiled at the energetic girl’s loud excited voice.

Her love might be unrequited, but at least she’s happy that Yves found her happiness. She wonders if she’ll be able to find hers. Maybe her love might not come today or any other day, she’ll just have to wait. She wasn’t in a rush anyways.