Not Your Fault (Yves and Yeojin)

Life Of Eve

A/N: Really sorry for not updating last week. Was busy with some project (still busy though). But with a lot of Yves/Yeojin content, I just can’t help but write this one! I hope you all enjoy.

 

Not Your Fault (Yves and Yeojin)

The second day of the Loona concert went well then expected although Yves and Yeojin did not participate at dancing to some of the few songs due to their injuries.

With everything done, the members celebrated backstage. Everyone was cheering at the success, except Yeojin, who was looking oddly quiet than usual. The younger girl kept glancing at Yves direction, feeling mix of guilt and concern.

She had already apologized to Yves more than once and despite the dancer telling her it was alright, Yeojin still felt angry at herself of her own carelessness and for hurting Yves.

A pat on the head broke her gloomy thoughts.

“You alright?” Haseul asked.

“Oh, y-yeah. I’m fine.”

Haseul wasn’t convince, she had been looking after Yeojin since yesterday. It hurts Haseul seeing the girl not in her usual energetic self. Before she could cheer the girl, the door to their resting room crack open. The voices outside got louder and when the door was fully open, the members were surprised to see their parents.

“Mom! Dad!” Choerry’s blur figure (its thanks to her purple hair that they knew it was her) ran straight to her parents followed by some of the other members.

Seems like all their parents had come to congratulate them. All were here with the exception of Vivi’s parents who couldn’t make it. Fortunately, Haseul made sure Vivi wasn’t left out so she always dragged Vivi to see her parents with her. Haseul made sure Yeojin’s parents were here before going to her parents with Vivi.

Yeojin’s parent gave the little frog a warm hug. It made her feel a bit happy at the thought of her parent coming to their concert to watch her performance. She knew they were probably busy but they assure her many times that they will never be too busy for her.

“You did well out there, dear.” Her mother smile proudly.

“Did I?”

“Of course! You were really amazing, sweetheart.” Her dad ruffled her hair, careful not to touch her bun.

Yeojin smile proudly at her parents’ compliment. She looked over at the other members who were happily chatting with their respective families. When her eyes stop at Yves, Yeojin’s smile drop. Yves was with her family but strangely enough, she wasn’t smiling. More like looking annoyed at what her sister was saying to her.

There was a sudden surge in Yeojin that made her walked towards Yves and her family. Her parents were skeptical and when Yeojin stop in front of Yves’s mother, the whole room turn quiet.

“What’s wrong Yeojin?” Yves asked.

Yeojin was hesitant, she breathes in and out before turning to Yves’s mother. She hurriedly bowed down,

“I’m really sorry! It’s because of me that Sooyoung unnie got hurt! She was really in pain yesterday that it made her cry. It was even difficult for her to eat and sleep. I’m really, really sorry for hurting her!”

The room continue to fill with silence. Yeojin look up only to see Yves covering her face with her hand while her family smirked. And before she could ask, Yves’s family suddenly burst into laughter.

“Oh.my.god.” Yves murmured.

“HAHAHAHAHAHA, hey Sooyoung! Is your bo bo hurt so much that you cry a lot?” Yves uncle exclaimed.

“Awww, our poor ougly rhino. Want me to blow the pain away?” her sister teases and proceed to blow at her face. Yves shove her sister away, looking more disgust than ever.

“A broken nose? So what? This broke her arm before so it’s nothing new.” The grandmother shook her head.

This made Yves snapped, “And who’s the one that broke it to begin with!?”

“It’s your own fault, silly girl!”

“No! You push me from the second-floor you hag!”

“I did not!”

“Uhh, actually you did grandma.”

“Shut up girlie.”

“Well, it can’t be help. Her memories are getting muddier by the second, she even forgets where she put her own stash of beers.” The uncle said carelessly.

“Are you implying I’m old?”

“You are old! And uncle is right! You already had a lot of your beer stock in your room, why do you even need more of it.” Yves said.

“Don’t you used that tone on me, your mother will be disappointed.”

The mother sighed, “Leave me out of this please.”

“Speaking of beer stock, Sooyoung,” Yves’s sister nonchalantly butted in. “I hope you don’t mind me stashing some of yours. I’m too lazy to go out and buy some these days.”

“You’re asking me now!? And who let you go through my stuff?”

“Hey! They were there collecting dust. You should be glad I was there to clean it up!”

The argument became more heated as both sisters ignore their surrounding and began their attempt to body toss the other.

“Damn these es, always causing a ruckus.” The old woman comments before turning to Yves’s uncle.

“$20 on Sooyoung.”

“Deal!”

While they were in their own world, Yves’s mother sighed and turn to the dumbstruck Yeojin. The woman chuckled, “Please don’t mind them. They’re always like this.”

“Oh, uh…”

A hand was place on her shoulder. Yeojin’s parent stood beside her, also looking a bit confuse at the scene before them.

“Yeojin, are your still worry about it?” Yeojin’s mother asked.

Yeojin looked down at her injured leg. It was still bothering her no matter how many times the others told her otherwise.

“Yeojin, right?” Yves mother called. The woman gave a warm smile before touching her cheek.

“Don’t worry too much about it. Believe it or not, Sooyoung getting hurt is nothing new to us. Besides, it’s an accident, accident can happen in an unexpected time. So please don’t blame yourself, I’m sure Sooyoung wouldn’t want that as well.”

Before Yeojin could say anything, there was a loud smash. One of the tables flip and broke in half, sprawling on the ground was Yves, groaning while her sister struck a victory pose.

“Hah! I win!” the uncle declares victoriously.

“Ah pathetic kid, you getting your kick so easily.” The grandmother shook her head in disappointment.

“That’s it, we’re leaving, now!”

Yves’s mother quickly pushes the rest of the Haa family out of the room after yelling farewell to Yves. The said girl got up with Chuu and Jinsoul’s help.

“Next time, don’t come back!”

Yves huffed in annoyance, her family always cause trouble for her wherever they go. She originally didn’t want to invite them but Haseul told her it will be nice if her family would come as well. And since Yves didn’t want to disappoint the leader bird, she reluctantly invited them.

“You okay?” Jinsoul asked. The blonde girl was actually grinning instead of worrying. She was actually really curious about Yves’s family ever since she heard all the rumors about them. Not bad rumors of course, more like over the tops ones like them breaking walls and such. Hence why she decided to go visit them in their next holiday.

“I’m fine, I’m fine. This is why I don’t want to invite them.”

“But they look so happy to see you Sooyoungnie! And you look happy too!” Chuu said excitedly.

“Ugh.” Yves hates to admit it, it was nice to see them again after New Year’s.

Yves then turn to Yeojin, who was still looking conflicted. So, the older girl just hugs the maknae and ruffle her hair roughly until her bun was loose.

“H-Hey! S-Sooyoung unnie!”

“How many times do I have to tell ya that I’m fine. It’s not your fault okay. So, stop worrying and cheer up.”

Yeojin nodded slowly. Yves smile and grab both her shoulder, she then lowers herself so that they were eye-level.

“You did great today, Yeojin. I’m proud of you.”

Yeojin finally smile before tearing up as her parents went to her side and embrace her. The maknae felt every bit of relief when Yves said that to her. The others might not know about this but Yeojin really look up to Yves ever since she saw the girl doing her solo song dance practice at the dance studio. From the way she moves, sing and even her attitude, it inspires Yeojin to be like her. So, getting Yves approval was always important to her. Olivia understand its but unlike Yeojin, she would hide it.

With everything back to normal everyone shares a smile, especially the Loona members. They were really worry about Yeojin since yesterday. Usually their dorm was fill with cheerful laughter and banters of their maknae but ever since the accident, the girl became quieter than usual and seem to space out during conversation. It was a relief to see Yeojin’s smiling face again.

The heart-warming seen broke when their manager came in and scream, “Who broke the table!? You better pay for it!?”

“…”

“…”

“Oh, for sakes, no wonder they left in a hurry…” Yves murmured as she sneaks out of the room. Though her plan failed when Olivia call her out.