Alone Together (ViVes)

Life Of Eve

Its 2AM when Vivi woke up to use the restroom. Their days of promoting their comeback had led all of them feeling tired and a bit stress. Despite their success in terms of album sales and exposure, they still haven’t gotten their first win in music shows. The others might not show it but she knew some of them felt sad and disappointed. But Vivi was just happy they’re comeback had receive a lot of positive receptions.

She was about to go back to her shared bedroom when she saw the lights from the kitchen was on. Someone must’ve woken up to get a glass of water. When she peeks in, she was surprise to see Yves, aka, Sooyoung sitting at the dining table alone while drinking what’s look like soju.

Vivi entered hesitantly, “Sooyoung?”

Yves looked up from her glass, she too surprise to see Vivi up this late.

“Why are you still up, unnie? Its late.”

“I could say the same thing to you.” Vivi joins her.

Yves didn’t answer and instead continued drinking. It was a strange sight to see Yves being quiet and serious. Usually the younger girl would always goof around and teasing others especially Olivia, so seeing this side of her was worrisome.

Vivi wasn’t confident doing the leader role, that was Haseul’s job. Plus, its been awhile since Yves confide her troubles to her. The last time was when she started working with them. As time goes by Yves manage to slowly gain her own confidence and became someone who people confide to instead.

But now, Yves look like she reverted back to when Vivi first met her. Quiet, serious and eyes looking nervous.

Yves was about to take another sip of her drink when Vivi suddenly blurted, “Is something troubling you, Sooyoung?”

Her hand stop, eyes staring down at Vivi. Somehow the way Yves stared at her was nothing she ever seen before. It made Vivi felt conscious of herself. Yet Yves didn’t say anything, instead just gave the older girl that familiar nervous smile and continue enjoying her drink. It was a sign saying she doesn’t want to talk about it so Vivi didn’t poke further.

While Yves was busy with her drinking and pouring of soju, Vivi took the opportunity to study her. Even without makeup and in her cutesy pink pajama, Yves still looks beautiful. The way she held the glass shows years of experience and Vivi can’t help feel a bit jealous of her alcohol tolerance.

When Vivi’s eyes move up to Yves lips, she suddenly remember something. Something that happen before their official Hi High debut. She could still feel the lingering kiss; her embrace was gentle yet strong. Vivi wasn’t dense, she recognized the looked Yves had given her before. But at that time Vivi wasn’t ready to be in a relationship, she wanted to focus on her idol career and Yves was kind enough to give her time and space.

When Vivi look up, her eyes met of Yves.

She was caught staring, making the younger girl smirked. Vivi could only blushed and stare at anything but Yves. There was a chuckled and Vivi felt something warm holding her hand. Yves grip was gentle as if Vivi’s hand was fragile. She held it over her check, burring her face into her palm.

Vivi opened to say something but Yves cuts her, “Let me stay like this for a while…please.”

She didn’t know what to do, so she let Yves held her hand. She even used her thumb to caress her cheek.

The quiet moment was shattered when Vivi felt something wet. “Sooyoung?”

Yves immediately let go of Vivi’s hand, collecting the now empty soju bottle and threw it in the nearby bin. She walked towards the kitchen sink and wash her glass, avoiding Vivi’s stare.

Seeing the Yves ignoring her pains Vivi, so she did what she always does to get Yves attention, giving her a hug from behind. It proves successful as Yves stop what she was doing, letting the water running.

“You know that it’s alright for you to cry, you don’t have to be confident all the time, especially if it’s just the two of us. So please, rely on me more.”

She could feel Yves’s body tense up, slowly the taller girl turned to face her with unreadable expression. All of a sudden, Yves slowly lower her head. Vivi closed her eyes, expecting a kiss to her lips but instead she felt the soft lips touch her forehead.

That moment Vivi felt confuse. She didn’t know why she was feeling disappointed. Did she prefer a kiss to her lips? Did she want Yves to kiss her on the lips? She wanted to ask Yves why she didn’t kiss her lips. But when Vivi opened her eyes, Yves was already giving her that smug look.

“Heh, what were you expecting, unnie?”

There was a twig of annoyance when she sees that satisfied smug look on Yves. The taller girl was about to turn back around, Vivi quickly grab her face and drag them down so that their lips crash towards one another.

Yves gasped and Vivi took the opportunity to slip her tongue in. Before Yves could do anything, the older girl pulled away. Seeing the younger girl’s shock look made Vivi realize what she had done. Her face turns beet red. She hid her face in embarrassment and ran off leaving Yves alone in the kitchen.

The time was almost 3AM, and after she finish washing her glass, Yves entered her shared bedroom with all sorts of feelings. Chuu who woke up drowsily from the sound of open door looked down from her bunk bed, Yves was ready to go to bed.

“Sooyoung? Why is your face red? Did you go drinking again?”

Yves could only smile and told Chuu to go back to sleep. Maybe Yves could confront Vivi later, for now she would like to savor the feeling of Vivi’s lips on hers.