007 || Take Care

Feathers [앞으로 잘 부탁해]

 

 

Uh hello again after a year... ;-; Oops. Well here's the update... Thank you.

 

 



 

 

“Chaewon?” Chaeyeon called out as the duo entered the cafè. “What are you doing here?”


 

Sakura giggled when she saw her friend in the familiar cafè. The duo had recently finished shopping for Sakura’s closet along with some of Chaeyeon’s and went to the cafè near the school as well as the mall. It was where Sakura got the cake for Chaeyeon the previous day.


 

“That’s my line.” Chaewon quickly covered up. “And with Sakura at that.”


 

Chaeyeon laughed at Chaewon’s attempt at a counterattack.


 

“Can’t we go on a date from time to time?” Chaeyeon tried a wink at Sakura.


 

The oldest just flushed red with Chaewon smirking. Sakura loved-hated Chaewon. One moment she was all supportive of her and the next she was teasing. If only Chaewon knew that her and Minju were as impossible as Chaeyeon and herself.


 

“What about you-know-who?” Chaewon wriggled her eyebrows suggestively.


 

“C-Chaewon.” The dancer stuttered. “We agreed not to mention her anymore.”


 

Sakura was confused. Who was ‘her’? Why wasn’t she allowed to know her identity? Was Chaeyeon hiding things from her? Could it be Jurina?!


 

“Oh come on.” Chaewon snickers. “She knows about you and Eunbi already. Why are you nervous?”


 

Chaeyeon blushed and glared at Chaewon.


 

Right. It was Eunbi.


 

“Speaking of the devil.” Sakura muttered. “Take your time with her.”


 

Without warning, Sakura made her way out of the cafè.


 

Chaeyeon looked around, confused at what Sakura was doing. It was then when she spotted Eunbi at the counter, having a small chat with Minju behind the counter.


 

Was Sakura jealous?


 

“Saku-chan, wait!” Chaeyeon ran after the older, leaving Chaewon all alone.


 

Sakura heard Chaeyeon behind her but never stopped. She went as fast as her legs could take her. The angel knew it was wrong. She didn’t have any right to be jealous, moreover get angry at Chaeyeon who didn’t even do anything.


 

“Saku-chan!”


 

The cherry blossom girl heard a loud long honk from her right. Turning her head, she realised that a truck was speeding towards her at an extremely fast rate.


 

She froze. Sakura knew she wouldn't die from this. But she would be pronounced as dead in the human realm. And if she was ever going to return to Earth, it would be nowhere near Chaeyeon. Frames of her moments with Chaeyeon flashed passed her eyes as a lone tear escaped her eyes. This was it. Her final moment with Chaeyeon. She can protect Chaeyeon from the Heavens after this.


 

If Sakura had any regrets, it was probably not telling Chaeyeon how much she loved her. Chaeyeon wouldn’t be hurt because she loves Eunbi. Sakura would be the only one receiving the punishment.


 

Jjaeyeon-ah.


 

Before she could process anymore, a hand grabbed her and pulled her out of danger’s way. Sakura fell onto a soft body as the duo collapsed onto the floor.


 

“Are you alright?” Chaeyeon asked as she held Sakura close to her. “Please don’t scare me like this. Never again.”


 

Sakura trembled at Chaeyeon’s tone.


 

For the first time, Sakura was afraid of Chaeyeon. She sounded serious and really frightening. Maybe it was because she was partially shocked from the accident, but Chaeyeon seemed to be mad at her.


 

“Let’s get you checked.” Chaeyeon mumbled as she got Sakura off her. “Ow.”


 

The angel turned her attention to where Chaeyeon was grabbing and realised that the latter’s ankle was swollen. She must’ve twisted it while trying to save Sakura.


 

“J-Jjaeyeon…” The older muttered. “Are y-you okay?”


 

Immediately Sakura regretted her question. Obviously Chaeyeon wasn’t alright. Her ankle was twisted and she is on the ground, unable to get up. And all of this was Sakura’s fault.


 

“Hold tight.” Sakura muttered under her breath.


 

Without warning, Sakura lifted the dancer up, bridal style. Chaeyeon could only wrap her arms around the other, afraid to slip. Never did she imagine that Sakura was able to lift her. Easily. The scrawny looking girl didn’t seem to be able to lift a bag of groceries.


 

“Chaeyeon!” Eunbi shouted as she rushed out with Chaewon and Minju.


 

“Where is the nearest clinic?” Sakura demanded.


 

Without hesitation, Eunbi led the way. It was fortunate that neither Sakura nor Chaeyeon was majorly injured. And on top of that, the clinic was within a walking distance of 10 minutes.


 

“I need a full check up on her.” Sakura said.


 

The lady nodded and provided the form for her to fill in her details. Sakura placed Chaeyeon down on the waiting bench and proceeded to fill the form with her help.


 

“What happened?” Chaewon asked as she and Minju arrived.


 

“I ran out without looking and… and…” Sakura couldn’t bear to continue.


 

Who knows what would happen to Chaeyeon if she wasn’t quick enough. Sakura would survive from the crash, being an angel but Chaeyeon wasn’t.


 

“Shh…” Chaeyeon hushed. “I’m here now. I’m fine.”


 

“You’re not!” Sakura got up in anger before submitting the form to the counter.


 

“Are you her guardian?” The nurse asked.


 

Sakura nodded after seconds of hesitation.


 

“What is your relationship with her?”


 

“I’m her…” Sakura didn’t have an answer.


 

“She’s her girlfriend.” Eunbi said as she appeared behind Sakura.


 

Sakura turned to see if Chaeyeon heard the oldest only to meet with her eyes. The duo blushed and looked away at the same time, totally embarrassed.


 

“Please be seated. We will call for her.” The nurse said.


 

Soon enough, Chaeyeon was brought into the room for checkup. Sakura fidgeted in her seat while Eunbi her back to calm her down. Chaewon was striking a small conversation with Minju who was stifling a laugh at every joke the former made.


 

Sakura knew Chaewon had wanted to lighten up the mood, but she was just too worried. The younger was able to walk now, taking small steps at a time. But Sakura was worried that she might be hurt internally during the fall.


 

“Jjaeyeon!” Sakura shouted the moment Chaeyeon stepped out of the room. “What did the doctor say?”


 

Chaeyeon smiled reassuringly before speaking.


 

“I just twisted my ankle. The rest of me is fine, Saku-chan.” The dancer’s smile faded a bit. “But I can’t dance for a week.”


 

Eunbi smiled knowingly and gave her a hug while Sakura started sobbing into her hands.


 

“I’m so glad.” The angel muttered. “I’m so sorry for acting childishly…”


 

Chaeyeon gave Eunbi a look before sitting down beside Sakura. The oldest took the hint and ushered the other two girls out.


 

“Saku-chan.” Chaeyeon draped an arm over the crouching girl. “Sakura.”


 

The cherry blossom girl refused to look up.


 

“Look at me.” Chaeyeon tilted the other’s face up. “No one is to blame and I’m fine now.”


 

Sakura stared for a while before nodding slowly. Guilt that was once flooding Sakura’s mind was pushed to the back. The angel was just glad that Chaeyeon was safe and sound.


 

“Let’s continue our date shall we?”


 

Forgetting whatever happened a few moments ago, Sakura nodded excitedly. The fact that Chaeyeon admitted that they were on a date brought a blush up Sakura’s cheeks. There was just a tiny chance that Chaeyeon liked Sakura more than a friend.


 

•¤•


 

Monday came again and Sakura was woken by the sweet smell of pancakes. It has been a routine for Sakura to wake up to Chaeyeon’s breakfast. Sakura was an expert at cooking. All she wanted was to enjoy Chaeyeon’s while it lasts. It was such a cute sight to behold - Chaeyeon in an apron, humming as she fluttered around the kitchen.


 

Cautiously, the angel walked down after washing up and went behind Chaeyeon. Without warning, she playfully placed her hands on the taller’s shoulders, using her to push herself up.


 

“The pancakes look delicious!” Sakura mused as Chaeyeon let out a gasp.


 

“That surprised me.” Chaeyeon chuckled at her silly self. “Eat up and prepare for school.”


 

Sakura plopped down on the dining chair as Chaeyeon served the freshly made pancakes on plates, before taking a seat next to the angel. The duo gobbled up their breakfast within seconds, with the older spewing compliments now and then.


 

Chaeyeon was first to be ready, resting against the door frame as she waited for Sakura. As soon as the latter got out of her room, she unconsciously hooked her arm around Chaeyeon’s, walking with a little skip in every step to school.


 

“Sakura! Chaeyeon!” Chaewon called out. “Look.”


 

They unlinked their arms as they approached Chaewon, pink dusting both of their cheeks. Sakura turned to the direction Chaewon was pointing at and realised that there was something on her locker.


 

It was a rose decorated heart-shaped ornament that was stuck to her locker door.


 

Eh? Nani?” The angel let out in panic, not knowing what she was saying.


 

As the trio approached the locker, the scene started to garner more and more on-lookers. Sakura was blushing madly, not knowing how to respond in such a situation. And Chaewon definitely wasn’t helping by nudging her at the sides, constantly.


 

The angel didn’t even dare to look at Chaeyeon, fearing for her reaction. What if Chaeyeon was happy for her? What if this actually took away any chance of Chaeyeon reciprocating her feelings? She shouldn’t even be considering it but her mind was going crazy.


 

“Eunbi?” Chaewon gasped out as the familiar figure walked out from behind the crowd, holding on to a bouquet of pink roses.


 

Sakura wanted to disappear from the face of Earth. What was happening? Was Eunbi the one who planned this? What would Chaeyeon think of her? The angel knew that even if it was not her fault, this was still an act of betrayal towards Chaeyeon.


 

Shakily, she squeezed every ouch of her strength to turn her head slightly, letting Chaeyeon slip into her view. The taller was… smiling? Sakura almost fainted at how gorgeous she looked, with that expression on.


 

“Jjaeyeon.” Sakura exhaled.


 

The said girl directed her attention to Sakura before giving a small smile.


 

“Shh…” She hushed.


 

Looking closely, the girl seemed to be blushing, and probably trembling a little. Why? Was she angry?


 

“Chaeyeon.” It was Eunbi this time.


 

Everyone stared as Eunbi handed the flowers over to Chaeyeon and let out gasps of confusion. The ornament was definitely hung on Sakura’s locker. So why was Chaeyeon getting the flowers?


 

Chaeyeon’s hands reached for the flowers shakily, and as she held it, she got down slowly onto one knee.


 

“Saku-chan.”


 

Sakura couldn’t process her name as she stood there blankly, trying her best to stay conscious.



“Miyawaki Sakura,” Chaeyeon called again. “Will you be my girlfriend?”