006 || A Dream

Feathers [앞으로 잘 부탁해]

 

Surpise? An early update but don't be happy too soon... School is going to start and I might have some troubles with writing so... ;-; Of course I will try my best to update every Saturday as always but I can't guarantee anything. If you have any questions, like any even if it's not related to the story, you can hit me up!  :> Enjoy.

 



 

“Lord, I have come to make my report.” Sakura said as she kneeled before the superior angel.


 

“I’ve failed my duty as the guardian angel of Lee Chaeyeon. I’ve failed to protect Chaeyeon from her bully.” Sakura bowed her head down. “I accept my punishment for my failure.”


 

When Sakura lifted her head, all she saw was her Lord enjoying her plate of cake and chuckling to herself.


 

“Sakura.” Minju called.


 

“Yes Minju?” Sakura turned. “Wait.”


 

“It took you so long to realise.” Minju giggled to herself.


 

“What were you doing on Earth?!” The youngest angel was definitely shocked at the new knowledge. “You aren’t a guardian angel, are you?”


 

“Of course not.” Minju said slowly. “I’m sure you already met Irene. Please keep this a secret.”


 

Sakura nodded obediently.


 

“I’m tasked to observe Irene and Wendy.” Sakura gasped at the revelation. “Truth is, Irene wasn’t banished from the world. She was given a chance by the Lord to live as a human and fall in love with Wendy again. But there was a risk, both of their memories are gone.”


 

Sakura knew it. Nako and Hitomi were talking about it that day when she told them about Irene.


 

“I can’t tell you more, but things aren’t looking good for them.” Minju sighed. “We said Irene was banished so no other angels would dare to fall in love with a human. Sakura, I trust that you know better.”


 

The said angel could only gulp in response.


 

“Anyways, the Lord wanted to inform you that it wasn’t your fault that you couldn’t protect Chaeyeon. Rumor has it that it was a work of an angel. The Lord won’t fault you.”


 

Sakura nodded in response.


 

“I’m supposed to catch her.” Minju ran her hand through her hair frustratedly. “Do you have any idea?”


 

“Yes…” Sakura hesitated. “According to Chaeyeon’s description, I’m suspecting… Jurina.”


 

“Jurina.” Lord Hyewon mumbled. “We’ll see to it. You may go.”


 

Sakura politely excused herself out of the grand room and headed to Nako’s quarters. It was a habit for the three of them to meet whenever Sakura came back to Heaven. And as if it was a planned meeting, Sakura saw Kaeun walk out of Jurina’s room.


 

Just as the taller was about to pass Sakura, the latter called out.


 

“Kaeun.”


 

A scoff was heard as Kaeun backtracked her steps, reappearing in front of Sakura. Sure enough, the mere height difference of 5cm was a little intimidating for Sakura, but she tried her best to not let it show. She hates it when people look down on her, figuratively. But in this case it was both figuratively and literally.


 

“You do realise that it is my duty to protect Chaeyeon right?” Sakura quipped. “Whatever you are doing will just make me closer to Chaeyeon. And I’m sure that’s not what you want.”


 

Kaeun just smirked.


 

“Of course not.” The taller ruffled Sakura’s hair. “But if I can’t get you, no one else can.”


 

Sakura slapped her arm off and glared at her.


 

“Get closer, and fall for her. And be banished from Heavens and from Chaeyeon. Just like how Irene ended.” Kaeun whispered before making her way to whoever knows where.


 

The cherry blossom girl gripped the hem of her white dress till her knuckles turned white. How dare she dictate Sakura’s life. Who was she? And worse, how dare she hurt Chaeyeon when the one she is after was Sakura? Chaeyeon was innocent.


 

“Oh Kkura-chan!” Nako said as she pulled the older by her arm. “Finally.”


 

Sakura snapped out of her daydream and followed Nako back to her quarters.


 

•¤•


 

Sakura ‘woke up’ to the smell of sizzling bacon.


 

Why wasn’t she back in her body when Chaeyeon woke up? The angel thought. Perhaps she was too occupied. But Chaeyeon was right on time. Although she couldn’t feel hungry as an angel, reverting back to her human body definitely made her feel it. After the whole night of conversing with Hitomi and Nako about her daily adventure - excluding the part where Minju revealed part of Heavens’ secret - Sakura was definitely drained and in need of an energiser.


 

“Jjaeyeon!” Sakura scrambled down the hallway, appearing in the kitchen in a flash. “Is it ready?”


 

Chaeyeon chuckled and gave a motherly smile.


 

“A few more minutes, Saku-chan. Go wash up first.” The younger instructed as she turned back to frying the bacon. “And I love it when you call me that.”


 

Sakura definitely thought she heard it wrong. She knew Chaeyeon didn’t say it intentionally, but it was leading her on. Her heart pounded hard at the younger’s words. Such simple words had such a powerful impact on Sakura. The angel was scared. At this rate, she was falling fast, and it was impossible to go back.


 

Quickening her footsteps, Sakura made her way back to her room to get her other set of clothes. She can’t believe that she’d actually forgotten to wash. Did she smell bad? Perhaps that was why Chaeyeon told her to shower. More importantly, it was the third time in this week that she was going to wear this set of outfit. Sakura definitely had to do some shopping.


 

“Saku-chan?”


 

I love it too, when you call me that. Sakura thought as she walked out of the bathroom with her towel loosely wrapped around her hair.


 

“You’re done.” Chaeyeon stated. “Let me help you.”


 

Sakura flinched a little when the taller took a step forward to grab the ends of her towel before pulling on them alternately. They were definitely too close. And due to the small height difference as well as Chaeyeon tilting her head slightly, all Sakura could see was the plump juicy lips that were in front of her.


 

“N-No…” Sakura whimpered as she shut her eyes.


 

She is in love with Eunbi. Sakura’s mind reminded.


 

“Did that hurt?” Chaeyeon stopped as she tried to look into Sakura’s eyes. “I’m sorry.”


 

“That’s not it!” Sakura blinked her eyes opened only to stare back at Chaeyeon’s mesmerising brown orbs. “I mean… I can do it myself.”


 

Sakura brought her hands up to the ends of her towel and met Chaeyeon’s.


 

“S-Sorry.” The angel blushed as her arms flew down at lightning speed.


 

Chaeyeon laughed softly at the adorable older. Sakura was looking everywhere else other than her. It was such a sight. Shaking her head softly, Chaeyeon continued drying Sakura’s hair, slower and more gentle.


 

“Thank you.” Sakura whispered as Chaeyeon hung the towel around her neck.


 

“That’s what roommates are for.” Chaeyeon turned and walked out of the room. “Come down and have breakfast with me.”


 

Sakura hung her towel on the rail in the bathroom before following Chaeyeon out. The sight of the fresh fried eggs and bacon lit up Sakura’s face as she hurriedly took her seat opposite of Chaeyeon’s.


 

“Thanks for the meal!” Sakura exclaimed before digging in.


 

The angel didn’t realise that Chaeyeon wasn’t eating and was just staring at her.


 

“You can have mine too.”


 

Sakura looked up from her plate to see Chaeyeon placing her bacon onto her plate.


 

“N-No.” The girl said with filled.


 

“I can’t hear you.” Chaeyeon teased and finished her egg before heading to the sink to wash.


 

The older rolled her eyes before surrendering to the temptation, finishing her extra bacon within seconds.


 

“It’s Saturday today.” Chaeyeon started when Sakura placed her plate into the sink. “Let’s go shop for your clothes, Saku-chan.”


 

Sakura grew weak at the way Chaeyeon called her. It was gentle and soothing, Sakura could listen to it on loop 24/7 and not get tired. How can she reject such an offer by Chaeyeon?


 

“If only you get some for yourself as well.” Sakura replied.


 

“Hmm…” Chaeyeon pretended to consider. “And you pay?”


 

Sakura laughed. Money was the least of her concerns.


 

“Of cou-”


 

“No way!” Chaeyeon interrupted. “I’ll pay today.”


 

Sakura groaned. When was she ever going to win Chaeyeon?


 

“You can get me the cake that I never ate.” Chaeyeon said.


 

Cake? Sakura pondered. What was Chaeyeon referring to? Right. The cake that Sakura bought the other time at Minju’s cafè. And Chaeyeon never ate it because of the bully.


 

“I can pay for myself and the cake.” Sakura grunted.


 

“You can pay for your rent and the cake.” Chaeyeon giggled. “I’ll pay for everything else.”


 

Sakura scoffed. Was Chaeyeon insinuating that she wasn’t able to pay rent? She just had to withdraw money from the bank account under her name. It was simple.


 

“I’ll pay.” Sakura insisted.


 

“With?” Chaeyeon hinted at Sakura’s missing wallet.


 

“Money o-of course. I have a card.” Sakura went red when she realised what Chaeyeon meant. “I just need to withdraw money for the rent. Care to show me the way?”


 

“Sure.” Chaeyeon shrugged as she went back to her room to change. “At the end of the day that is.”


 

One of the points that Sakura liked about Chaeyeon was her kindness. But that’s also what she hated - Chaeyeon was often taken advantage of. And not that it was a bad thing, but she often splurges on her friends.


 

“I’ll never win you.” Sakura frustratedly ran through her hair as Chaeyeon reappeared from behind the door. “Let’s go.”


 

Moments after putting on her shoes, she realised that Chaeyeon was wearing a similar outfit to hers. Sakura had a pink hoodie on while Chaeyeon had a blue one.


 

“It’s nice isn’t it?” Chaeyeon said as she walked out of the main door. “I always wanted to match with someone.”


 

Sakura found Chaeyeon’s pout adorable and couldn’t resist to give her fluffy cheeks a little pinch.


 

“Fine fine.”


 

Although the angel was portraying a cold exterior, her heart was beating along to the fastest kpop song. Her cheeks were filled with redness that Chaeyeon found cute. Sakura wanted this as much as Chaeyeon wanted it, probably more. It was Sakura’s day. A couple outfit with Chaeyeon and no Eunbi around. Not that she hated her but Chaeyeon’s attention would always go to her.


 

It was a fast trip to the mall. Sakura was so engrossed in her conversation with Chaeyeon that she didn’t realise they’ve reached. Chaeyeon just smiled at the silly girl before continuing on her way.


 

“Shall we?” Chaeyeon asked as she stopped in front of a specific pink shop. “I think it suits you.”


 

“Right.” Sakura squinted her eyes at Chaeyeon to see if she was teasing her.


 

“Trust me.” Chaeyeon smiled warmly as she held Sakura’s lower back, leading her into the shop. “My princess.”


 

Sakura blushed hard at Chaeyeon’s sentence.


 

“Try this.” Chaeyeon handed Sakura mini dress before she could say anything. “It should be a perfect fit.”


 

Sakura shyly grabbed the hanger and made her way to the fitting room. A pair of earrings caught her eyes as she was about to enter. Rose. Minty blue ones at that.


 

It should be a perfect fit. Sakura thought.


 

Discreetly, Sakura handed the piece of jewellery and her credit card over to a kind staff who was willing to help her. Chaeyeon was definitely going to be surprised!


 

“Saku-chan?” Chaeyeon called behind the curtains. “Are you alright?”


 

Sakura panicked. The dress was already on her, all she had to do was to zip it up. Fumbling with the zipper, Sakura forgot to reply to the younger.


 

“Sakura?” Chaeyeon spoke in concern as she peeked through the velvety curtains.


 

The shorter looked up into the mirror only to stare right into the reflection of Chaeyeon’s. No matter how many times Sakura stared into Chaeyeon’s eyes, she will always be stuck on what to do. It was as if she was under a spell.


 

“Let me help.” The taller entered the small compartment and held her hands over Sakura’s, helping her with the outfit. “There.”


 

“J-Jjaeyeon.” Sakura whispered. “Thanks.”


 

Chaeyeon patted her shoulders.


 

“Call if you need me.” Chaeyeon instructed as she left. “You look gorgeous.”


 

Sakura’s heart ached. As much as she was happy to hear that, she knew that she had to stop before it was too late.


 

“Sorry, Jjaeyeon-ah.” The angel whispered and calmed her heart.