# 2

All a Dream?
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey guys, 
I had seen an article on FB about a man who lived a life of ten years. Only to realize it was fake. The first part of the story is how he had written it in his reddit post. So credits to him for this amazing story inpiration. He stated in the end of his reddit post that people are free to do whatever with his story, so here I am. I hope you enjoy! 

 


#2

 

Red. Red was what she could see. The sound of feet shuffling, and machines beeping filled her ears. No matter how hard she tried she couldn’t open her eyes. All she could do was try to move any possible muscle she could. That was when she heard someone in close proximity say something. But she couldn’t understand as she was still trying to gain her bearings.

 

 She tried all her might to open her eyes, but they weren’t opening. Is this how death is? Did she die and go to hell? This is what she gets for staring at that lamp for three days straight. No sleep. No food. No water. What was she thinking?

 

Using the little energy, she had, she tried and tried to open her eyes and move her body. But soon she found herself in total darkness once again. Slipping out of consciousness once more.

 

“I swear she moved! She moved her fingers!” a voice whined in the background.

 

“Hayeon… you know… she’s been in a coma for nearly two months now. I think you’ve been staring at her for too long…”

 

‘Coma… two months…???’ she thought as she tried to decipher the voices around her.

 

Once again, she felt her head buzzing and aching. Her body ached. But she felt lighter. And again, she tried to move her body. The sound of shuffling feet and a gasp made her twitch. Words were spoken that she couldn’t really understand.

 

Her eyes fluttered open and she was welcomed with bright LED lights that made her squint. Her vision was blurry at first. She saw blobs that looked like head come into vision and then quickly disappearing. She blinked a few times to clear her sight

 

She couldn’t move her entire body yet. She felt dry and she couldn’t even move because something was inside… Confusion and questions filled her head causing an even worse headache. Soon a man came into view. He had a lab coat on and as he took a quick glance at her, he flashed a small light into her eye causing her to flinch.

 

“Miss, can you hear me?”

 

She tried to nod her head but all she let out was a grunt.

 

“Why isn’t she speaking?”

 

“We’ll remove the tube from your mouth. Hold on a second,” the doctor said as he turned to the nurses.

 

Taeyeon felt cold hands touch her face. The doctor ripped off the medical tape gently and soon the weird feeling in disappeared. Except still felt dry that she was gaping. Understanding what she had meant, the doctor helped her by bringing a cup of water with a straw to . She took a few sips.

 

“Miss, do you know where you are?”

 

Clearing , she let out a raspy voice, “N-No…”

 

“You’re at Seoul National University Hospital. Miss, do you know your name?”

 

She could only raise her eyebrow. What was this man going with? Of course, she knew her name, she was awake like a day ago no?”

 

“K-Kim T-Taeyeon” she stuttered.

 

“Miss… do you know what date it is today?”

 

She blinked. She had six days before her meeting with London. “Uh… March 1st, 2029?” she managed to say.

 

She heard a few gasps in the room. But she really couldn’t turn her head to look who was in the room with her. There was silence in the room. Then all of a sudden, she remembered her wife and kids that she started to flail.

 

“Where’s Stephanie? Where’s Seohyun and Taeyoung?!” she was beginning to panick with the quietness of the room.

 

The nurse and doctor had to restrain her to get her to calm down. “M-Miss Taeyeon… today is March 1st, 2019….”

 

She stopped moving. “W-What… that… that…” her head was spinning. “No! I need to see Stephanie! S-She’s my wife! My two children are Seohyun and Taeyoung!”

 

Then two more figures came into view. Her eyes nearly bulged out of her head at the sight of her two family members. Her mother was years younger! Her sister… her sister was a baby! Not a real baby… but she was…. She was a child!”

 

She gasped. Her epiphany was real! Her wife, her career, and her children were all fake. No… no… no… this couldn’t be happening to her… right?

 

“Taeyeon… you’re only nineteen… you’ll be twenty next week…” whispered her mother, grasping her hand tightly giving her hand a squeeze. Tears were silently rolling down her mother’s face.

 

“W-What… this… this is impossible. I’m 29… I graduated college already. Appa… Appa just retired and now I’m CEO… I’m married with two children!” now tears were rolling down her face as she tried to trash. “I need to see Stephanie!”

 

Her mother’s cries became harder. The doctor and nurses silently said they’d come back later to give them some space. Taeyeon was a crying mess. Her mother pulled her into a hug.

 

“No… no… I… I really loved Stephanie… no… your g-grandchildren…”

 

She felt her mother her head trying to console her. “Taeyeon-ah… I don’t know what happened while you were away… but you’ve been in a coma for nearly two months…”

 

And now the world was spinning. She couldn’t wrap her head around this. What in the world was happening??? She lived ten years already! She lived ten years of her life and she was so freaking successful. She climbed the ranks respectfully until her father was ready to retire. This couldn’t have happened. She finished with high distinction at Seoul N

Please log in to read the full chapter