# 1

All a Dream?
Please log in to read the full chapter

#1

 

“Congratulations,”

 

“I expect to be working with you very closely in the near future,”

 

“Congratulations Taeyeon!”

 

Many middle-aged men and a hand-full of women were congratulating her on her new position and induction into the family business. It wasn’t a surprise to many of them as she was conditioned for the position since she was born. But they all had to pay their respect. She was now the CEO of her father’s company, JTH Group.

 

The petite woman bowed to the members of the board before giving them a smile, a smile she uses for such professional setting. Clearing , she spoke with such great mannerism, that it clearly proved that she was meant for her position. “Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome. I am honored to be the new CEO of JTH Group. However, I cannot downplay the work that my father had put into this company to get to where it is now. Especially with the current economy. Let’s take this time to applaud my father for his dedication to the company the past thirty years”

 

Everyone in the boardroom clapped their hands towards the middle-aged man seated at the head of the long conference table. He smiled genuinely at his daughter and then to those around him, bowing his head and giving a small wave of acknowledgement.

 

“Please look after me well and I hope to work with you all closely in the near future” she smiled before taking a 90 degree bow to everyone in the room.

 

Quickly wrapping up the meeting, the young heir bowed to each board member and shook their hands firmly as they left. With the last board member out of the room, Taeyeon took a seat on one of the large leather chairs in front of her father.

 

“I’m so proud of you Taeyeon” her father smiled warmly.

 

“Thank you, dad”

 

Her father stood up and gave his daughter a firm pat on the shoulder. “I want you to prove your greatness to the company of your worth. Please get that deal with the London account”

 

Taeyeon inhaled sharply in surprise but did well with hiding it from her father. She cleared , “I will definitely get that London account” she smiled confidently with a slight hint of worry.

 

Once her father was out the door, she heaved a sigh. Was she going to get that account? Oh, she better or else….

 

Quickly gathering her things, she walked out the door to head to her office. She checked in with her secretary if there were no other meetings. Her secretary shook her head. Entering her office, she sat down and let out a long breath. Her eyes scanned her office. She had the Seoul city view through her windows. A very spacious office too.

 

Reaching for her purse, she pulled out her cellphone and dialed the first recent caller. Placing her phone against her ear, she got up from her seat and walked in front of one of the glass walls. The ringer rang twice before the voice of honey answered.

 

“Babe?”

 

“Hi baby, I just wanted to hear your voice”

 

There was a chuckle on the other line. “How was meeting with the boards?”

 

Taeyeon let out a small sigh, “It was very good. But dad is putting me on a big project to prove my worth to the entire company”

 

“Babe, you know very well that I have full faith in you. You didn’t graduate top in your class for nothing. I know you’ll pull it off baby. Besides when is the meeting?”

 

“Two weeks from now”

 

“Perfect. You’ve got some time boo. I’ll even stay up to watch your business presentation”

 

Taeyeon’s heart fluttered at the support the love of her life gave her. “I love you so much. What did I do to deserve you Stephanie?”

 

“I love you too boo. You did nothing, because all you had to do was be that y business student I fell for”

The two of them chuckled. Only for their laughter to be cut short with the sound of a baby crying in the background. “Our baby boy is now awake and probably hungry. I’ll see you soon okay baby? I love you!”

 

“I love you too Steph”

 

They hung up and Taeyeon walked back to her desk and sat down. There was a small smile on her face, lips curving upwards. If the love of her life could believe in her, that was all she needed. Her motivation set in and she smiled even more. What a lucky woman she is indeed.

 

= = =

 

It was a week until her big meeting with the London account and she was stressed to the max. She spent long nights looking over reports and perfecting her analytics. She looked over their company proposal and wanted to make sure everything was spotless.

 

She sat in the livi

Please log in to read the full chapter