# 3

All a Dream?
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Please excuse any grammar errors. 

 

#3

 

After that day, Taeyeon has turned into a zombie. Her friends were growing worried. Due to Taeyeon’s family connections, the university was going to be lenient on her. Especially since her father was a wealthy alum who makes generous donations to the university. So Taeyeon continued her life as a student… or at least tried…

 

Even for her twentieth birthday, she was still so out of it. She was happy to be with her family and friends, but she felt different. In her head she was not 20 years old, but rather 30 years old. She had lived ten years of her life already. She had already come so far in her life. Married, children, and CEO of Korea’s leading companies? Only to realize that she was apparently dreaming of it all. Except, she still can’t seem to understand why her ten year alternate life felt and seemed so real to her.

 

So, her best friends, Sunny and Yuri, decided to drag the petite woman out of the house to get some fresh air after days of moping. They decided to go to a café they frequently visit as a trio. As they sat down with their drinks and pastries, they had small talk. Yuri and Sunny weren’t really sure how to act around Taeyeon as she was going through so much.

 

In the middle of their conversation, the sound of a small ring caused Taeyeon to snap out of her thoughts. The small ring of a bell signaled the café workers that a costumer had arrived. Taeyeon’s body automatically tensed as there was a familiar aura that she had fallen for a long time ago, at least as far as she knew. She looked up and turned her head to see the same woman she saw just days ago.

 

She jumped out of her seat and stood up abruptly. It startled not only her friends but the woman who had entered. There was awkward silence and uncertainty in the woman’s eyes.

 

“S-Stephanie…” Taeyeon whispered before going into an uncontrollable fit of cries. Images of her wedding with Stephanie. Images of how beautiful and tired Stephanie looked after pushing their first born out. And then the images of how easy Taeyoung was born and welcomed warmly by her and Seohyun.

 

Sunny quickly stood up and apologized to “Stephanie” who was awkwardly standing there with worry in her eyes. She quickly picks up her belongings and Taeyeon’s belongings before ushering her best friend out.

 

Yuri quickly snapped out of her small daze before getting up as well. She reached for a napkin and pulled out a pen from her purse before scribbling down numbers. The tall woman turned to the woman dazed in the middle of the café and handed her the napkin. “I’m really sorry for my friend’s behavior. I’m Yuri, but if you ever run into her again… I’m sorry in advance… If you ever want an explanation don’t hesitate to call or shoot me a text” she quickly said before running after her friends.

 

And once again, Taeyeon had gone back to living unhealthily. She locked herself in her room and barely ate anything even though both Sunny and Yuri begged for her to put something in .

 

Taeyeon’s parents were concerned, so they decided to visit their daughter. They stood outside of the woman’s door knocking and begging to be let in.

 

“Taeyeon… I think you need a change of scenario. I’m going to send you to the states to finish your degree” Mr. Kim said through the door. He let out a sigh when he got no response.

 

As he walked away, the sound of the door opening made him halt in his spot. He turned to see his daughter with bloodshot eyes and messy hair. His heart ached for his daughter. And there was nothing he could really do for her except try to understand her situation.

 

“No! S-Stephanie… Stephanie is real… I can’t leave here. She’s here!” there was panic in her voice.

 

Mr. Kim looked at his wife and they shook their head in disapproval. They didn’t care that their daughter was into women, but they did care that their daughter was hurting herself for someone who doesn’t know she exists. This was getting out of hand.

 

“Taeyeon… even if she’s here, she isn’t your wife. You can’t force her to be someone she isn’t” Taeyeon’s mother said as she pulled her daughter in for a hug.

 

“I know… I just… I just need to be here”

 

Mr. Kim sighed and shook his head, “If you say so…”

 

= = =

 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim sat in the private room at their favorite restaurant. A fancy steak restaurant just by the Han River. They were talking amongst themselves when the door opened and in walked the host and their pending guest.

 

Th

Please log in to read the full chapter