Twenty eight

the deal • seokmin x joshua
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seokmin stretched his legs out in front of him as he sat on the floor. Soonyoung was dancing like a possessed man, his body moving across the floor wildly but controlled, moving in a way Seokmin could only dream of. He was an adequate dancer but this, watching Soonyoung in his element, was magical.

 

He closed his eyes and tried to pretend it wasn’t worrying him. His ‘boyfriend’s’ ex, stunning and handsome and so confident, showing up from nowhere to make his life hell. Every time he thought he was getting somewhere with Joshua something set him back. He sniffled a little as he couldn’t help imagining them catching up over coffee, laughing together over shared memories, enjoying their past together that he wasn’t a part of. A whole world they shared and a side of Joshua that Seokmin had never seen. Seokmin wondered why they broke up. If it was  only because Joshua was moving then surely there was nothing to stop them getting back together. Nothing but him actually.

 

Maybe it was time to call the deal off.

 

The selfish part of him wanted to do everything he could to hold on. The sweet and caring part wanted to let him go. To let Joshua go back to his happiness. But was it happiness? Joshua didn’t seem that happy to see him.

 

“What’s up with you?” Soonyoung said loudly as he kicked at one of Seokmin’s feet dragging him from his melancholy musings. “You look like your dog just died.” “Joshua hyung’s ex-boyfriend just showed up this morning. He was supposed to be in America but now he’s here and they’re catching up right now at the cafe.” Seokmin looked up to see Soonyoung mouth form a cute little ‘o’ when he realised why Seokmin was miserable.

 

“Let me guess,” he said slowly as he sank to the floor. “He’s tall and handsome and wonderful and Joshua’s probably going to go back to him now he’s here and you know you can’t compete with that.” He smirked at the other boy sitting sullen and slumping against the wall. “And so you’re just going to sulk and watch this other boy steal you man away right from under your nose.”

 

Seokmin nodded again before his eyes widened in shock. “No! No, hyung, why would you say that?” “Well, they’re together and you’re here.” Soonyoung’s eyes sparkled with mischief and Seokmin nodded his agreement. “I-I thought they needed to catch up.” “No, you chickened out and ran away, leaving them alone.” Soonyoung leaned over and poked at one of Seokmin’s cheeks and chuckled to himself. “Seriously, don’t just sit around and let it happen, if you let him steal your man right out from under your nose you’ll regret it forever.”

 

Seokmin sighed. Soonyoung was kind of right. “What would you do Soonyoung hyung?” he asked and Soonyoung wiped his sweaty face on his t-shirt. “Me? I’d just find someone else, there’s always more fish in the sea, or whatever,” he winked at the other who pouted in response. “But if I was you I’d make him work for it. You really like Joshua right?” Seokmin nodded and had never felt more honest about anything in his life. He liked him so much the thought of this Jaehyun taking even one of Joshua’s smiles was killing him. “So hold on to him. Be the best boyfriend you can be. If this other guy wants to steal him make it hard, Give him a fight.” “A fight?” Seokmin’s eyes widened and Soonyoung began to laugh loudly. “Not a real fight you idiot!”

 

 

 

 

Joshua sighed as he watched Jaehyun high fiving and hugging with his friend Mingyu in the café. He thought this part of his life was done. Sitting on the outer, feeling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter