Twelve

the deal • seokmin x joshua
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seokmin bounded down the corridor. His life had taken such a turn in the last few weeks. Two months into the Deal and heads turned when he walked past. He swathed a path through the corridors on his way to dance class, smiling at people, his hands absentmindedly wandering to the stones hanging around his neck. He couldn’t wait to see Joshua and tell him what happened in vocal class this morning.

 

“Hey Muppet,” an arm wrapped around his neck just a little too tightly and he knew who it was. “Hey Boo,” Seokmin grinned. He was about to rock his best friends world and waited for Hansol to catch up before he dropped the news. “So,” Seokmin’s initial jubilance soon descended into his typical shyness but the news was just too good. “I got tapped to audition for the school musical. By Professor Kang,” he waited for it to sink in and Seungkwan’s eyes shot open wide. “No way! Shut up no way!” Seungkwan yelled outside the dance studio and pushed Seokmin against the wall. “Yes way. And no I won’t!” the joy in Seokmin’s eyes was palpable as his smile stretched up to his eyes.

 

The school musical was the pinnacle of the school year. Auditions were by invitation only and first years were never invited to audition. Well there was a first time for everything.

 

“I don’t even know what it is yet,” Seungkwan said with dismay as they walked in to the studio. The regulars were already warming up and the two budding singers walked past with Hansol in their wake. A small murmur went up around the room, no doubt because of the musical gossip, and Seokmin tried to avoid the eyes of the Chinese students in the corner. Soonyoung wasn’t there yet.

 

“Grease,” Seokmin murmured as he sat on the floor and began to stretch. His new black Skins stretched with his body and he had to smirk when he saw Seungkwan watching enviously. “Wish I had those legs….” He murmured despondently and flinched when Hansol tried to back hug him. “Don’t hug me, I’m sulking,” he said and Hansol just laughed. He was well used to the mood swings of his boyfriend and just poked him in the ribs instead. “Stop being jealous boo,” Seokmin said softly. “I can’t have you being ty and ruining my good feeling about this. I might not even get a part, it’s just an audition, and if I do it will just be some side character.”

 

“Yeah…” Seungkwan said slowly as he joined in the stretching. “You’d make a great Doody!” “Doody!” Seokmin howled and dived for his friend, knocking him to the floor, jumping on him and pretending to choke him, “You’d make a good Doody! Or Putzie!” Seungkwan pushed him off just in time to see Joshua join them with a sparkle in his eye. “Hey guys! What’s all the excitement over?” Seokmin jumped up with delight and embarrassment at his boyfriend joining them; delight be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter