Chapter 6

A Ray of Hope

Author's note: A very small update, sorry about that. But still, hope you all enjoy!

---

If someone were to ask Wheein to explain what they were seeing, she would have no idea where to start. She could say, metal. Just long corridors that seemed to go forever, made of cold metal. The whole place felt suffocating to her and by the look on everyone else’s faces she was not the only one feeling this way. If she didn’t focus, it felt like the walls began to close in on them, thankfully, she knew it was just her mind playing games on her due to all the stress they were feeling right now. The haunting screaming just wouldn’t stop and she couldn’t tell if they were getting closer or not. Thankfully, the endless corridors weren’t dark, in fact, the brightness of the place had left them blind their first few seconds in.

Finally, the group reached three doors. They looked at each other, hoping someone would take the leader position in this impromptu rescue mission. After a few seconds, Yong stepped ahead “The guys will take the right door. Wheein and Hwasa, you go left. I will go ahead” This was said with such a confident tone of voice, Wheein almost doubted in fighting this orders. Almost. “What? No! We will not let you go alone. The guys are eight, some of them can go with you, unnie. Please” Wheein begged softly, but Yong Sun didn’t seem to listen. She still replied though “No. I work best alone, I could hurt you if you fight alongside me…But you’re right in something. One of the groups is too big. Chanyeol, go with Wheein and Hwasa. Remember, if we must fight, we will. We need a way to communicate…any ideas? ”

Their classmate, Chanyeol, raised his hand “I will let you know if our group finds anything, I will run to get to everyone else, it shouldn’t take more than a few seconds to reach you” Everyone nodded thankful for the offer and another guy, from the second year that Wheein knew as Suho added “My power is summoning. I can summon several entities. If we find anything, I will send one of them to find you guys with whatever message we need…here, take this Solar” He stepped forward and placed a small black marble on Solar’s hand “She is the fastest one I have, if you have any problems just throw her hard against any wall or the floor and she will break free, she will find me, trust me. Just give her whatever message you want delivered. But be careful, I can only give you one so use her only if needed”

Wheein saw her friend nod and if it wasn’t for their current situation, Wheein would have loved to ask so many questions about Suho’s power. But that would have to wait. Finally, Yong shot them a reassuring smile and walked through the door before Wheein could protest again. And she would have, she had never seen a more fake smile on their unnie’s face.

The small girl sighed and felt as Hyejin pulled at her hand, indicating they had to move too. Wheein reached out to open the metal door and stepped inside. Another corridor was what met them, of course. And the screams never stopped.

 The small group of three began to walk down the corridor again, this time Wheein couldn’t help but look over her shoulder every now and again, feeling as if someone was following them but she didn’t find anyone there. She tried to calm herself down. Thankfully Hyejin noticed how her best friend was feeling and she squeezed her hand, trying to reassure her they will all be fine after this.

They kept walking…and walking…and walking. And Wheein realized something just wasn’t right. It was impossible they hadn’t reached any kind of door or just something different at all. It felt like walking in circles but…in a straight line. She could see ahead of them perfectly and behind them too. But something felt out of place. “Something’s wrong. I feel like we have been walking for over fifteen minutes and we haven’t reached anything…Let me go ahead, once I find something I promise to come back for you both” Chanyeol said the last part, looking between both girls. When Hyejin nodded, the boy quickly ran ahead at full speed. But something happened, something Wheein would have never guessed…Chanyeol appeared again, but from behind.

He barely had time to stop before he collided with Wheein. She could see he was just as shocked as them to see what had happened “What the…Why are you guys here?” He asked before he looked behind him, wondering how this could have happened.

The group stayed quiet and Chanyeol decided to go again. And again. And again. And again. Even backwards. Always, with the same result. He always reached the exact spot from where he started. And it was hard for Wheein not to start freaking out right about now. What was going on? What had they gotten themselves into? What was this place?!