Chapter 2

A Ray of Hope

Sometimes Xiumin wondered how it was possible he and his sister were so different, taking into account they were twins. MoonByul grabbed her bowl of soup and brought it up to her lips, drinking it as if she hadn’t been fed in two years and all her twin could do was watch in disgust. Once the white haired girl noticed, she had the decency of looking slightly embarrassed and slowed down her eating. She finished her meal before anyone else had taken seats around the cafeteria. The first years had been separated earlier that day but apparently they had lunch together and everyone had already formed their own little groups. But the twins were sitting by themselves, which was not something weird, Byul was a social butterfly but when it came to her brother, he preferred quiet and peace so the two were usually seen hanging out away from others.

The thing is, they didn’t take into account there were three people that either were too oblivious to take a hint or just didn’t care they wanted to sit by themselves. And this three people sat down at their table at the same time.

“Hey, your powers are sooo cool. It’s really like they were made to be used with each other” Wheein said as she extended her hand to shake with the twins, they weren’t used to handshakes but they still went for it, although truth be told, the three girls had managed to even scare MoonByul when they sat down. Yongsun bowed as a greeting while Hyejin just nodded her head “I mean, you can send your clones through the portals and be literally everywhere. You two would be so useful in fighting and catching criminals” The twins chuckled and looked at each other, it wasn’t the first time they had heard that.

“And you two, if you were to work together you would be really strong, your abilities complement each other very well” Byul added as she pointed at the two friends that seemed even more close than her and her brother “I think the one that would be strongest by herself would be princess here”

Everyone turned to look at Yongsun who was slowly eating her meal in silence. When she noticed that by princess they meant her, she grabbed her napkin, the group noticed her lunch was different from everyone else’s, and cleaned softly before speaking “It’s true that I want to work by myself, as someone else might slow me down but I understand that in rescue missions, I will need help. Healers are incredibly important” She said before going back to her food. Wheein gave her a soft smile and the other three chucked softly.

“Whatever you say, princess” Byul replied while they all fell into a comfortable silence. Once Xiumin finished his lunch, he stood up, bowed and left the table, assuring his sister she could stay with their friends. Byul watched as he walked away and sighed “Did we upset him?” Wheein asked, looking slightly sad and Byul was quick to assure the other girl it wasn’t like that “Minseok is very shy, he doesn’t usually hang out with anyone but me. I guess he got to his limit of human interaction for the day” She said jokingly, to ease the worry of her new friend.

“That . But hey, if you can convince him, there will be a party this weekend. You guys have heard of SinB, right? She’s throwing a party at her parent’s house, it’s not far from here. Sure, we will have to sneak out and in but with your portals it should be rather easy” Hyejin looked at Byul who smirked and nodded, she was definitely in. But it seemed the idea didn’t sit well with Solar “What if they catch us? Plus, what will you do at this party? All of you are too young to drink” The other three girls looked at each other for a few seconds before they burst out laughing. Solar frowned, wondering if she said something amusing.

“Good one, princess. But she’s right in one thing, I’m sure they have some sort of alarms or security for us” Byul voiced her thoughts after they all had finished laughing. Hyejin smirked and shrugged “I don’t know how but SinB said she will take care of it. Friday from 10:00 pm to 10:05 pm, the security will be off. Saturday from 3:00 am to 3:05 am. So we do have to be back in time or we will have to sleep outside” Byul frowned when she realized something “Wait, how do you know all of this? We have been here for less than twelve hours and you’re already friends with the second years?” The youngest of the group shrugged, the smirk never leaving her face “What can I say? I’ve got my sources. I can find out anything you want if you give me some time” The two older girls raised their eyebrow and looked at Wheein for some sort of explanation but she was just looking at them with a smile so they both decided to let it go.

“I guess I’m in. I’ll try to convince Minseok but I don’t think he’ll come” Byul nodded and Wheein smiled brightly “Awesome! Hyejin and I room together, come to our room a few minutes before ten and that way we can all go together” Now that everything was settled, the three girls turned to look at the only other person in the table that hadn’t agreed. Yongsun was frowning and seemed deep in thought. They couldn’t help but notice her expression was incredibly funny, while she was thinking. But after a few seconds of silence, the oldest sighed and nodded “Fine. But let it be known I do not approve of this. I will only go to make sure you three don’t commit any illegal actions. We will be heroes, we must set the example for everyone else” She said, her head held high.

The three girls chuckled “Okay, whatever you say…Yongsun” With this, even if she didn’t realize it, Solar had been accepted into their little group. The bell rang once more to return to class, which is what the four girls did. But for the rest of the week, pretty much all they could think about was the party, for one reason or another.

 

Same time, not far from the KIS.

Lighting moved around the room, as two people stood behind a safety glass. Both trying to ignore the electricity surrounding them as a woman with long red hair released her full power on a metal box in the middle of the room. Suddenly, an explosion hit them and the red haired woman was thrown back against the nearest wall. She let out a groan and the lighting quickly stopped. One of the two people watching, a man of long white hair went to check on the woman while the other, a man with short black hair, went towards the metal box. “It didn’t work. Again. I’m tired of this” The woman said as she stood up with the help of the white haired guy.

“On the contrary, my dear friend” The black haired guy answered, a creepy smile forming on his face as he kneeled down to look at the crack on the metal box. Inside, all was darkness except for the little bit of light entering through the crack. And he could see it. Movement. It was moving. Finally. “Our efforts have been rewarded. We did it…We did it!”