Ghost in the Park

Pages and Bookmarks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is new oneshot/story, not a sequel of "Flowers". I decided to just publish it here to compile the oneshots. "tO cOmPiLe tHe oNeShOtS" There are only two tho XD... but we never know;)

 

**********

 

 

It’s a sunny day, a perfect time for Eunbi to just sit somewhere in the park near her apartment and read her favorite book. She grabs her bag and leaves her the room as the lecturer dismisses the class. She then leaves a message to her bestfriend on where she will wait for her. 

 

Reaching her destination, Eunbi looks around and spots a vacant bench in the corner. She smiles in satisfaction seeing no one walking around the area. She loves visiting the park but she hates it when people are scattered everywhere. She prefers to be alone where she can just sit, open her book, and get lost to a different dimension while she's reading.

 

She looks around once again before heading towards the bench and taking out the novel she wasn't able to finish earlier that day. She has been busy because of her classes and dance club practices which makes her miss reading novels for few hours straight. She does not regret joining the dance club, however, though it is time-consuming because of practices, it actually helps her relieve stress because of academic matters, and showcase her talent. 

 

Flipping to the next page, Eunbi places her right leg on her left as she moved to a better sitting position. However, by doing so, she trips someone who immediately losses their balance and drops to the ground.

 

"Aww... that hurts."

 

Eunbi immediately rushes over to guide the girl to stand up. "Are you okay? I'm sorry. I didn't see you walking by." She asks as she checks the girl for any wound. But she gets no answer as the girl just stares at her and remains motionless. When Eunbi looks at her face, she steps back as the girl seems so surprised.

 

"I'm sorry. I must've made you uncomfortable—"

 

"You can see me?"

 

Eunbi raises an eyebrow. What? "Am I not supposed to see you?"

 

"You can also hear me..." The girl looks at her arms Eunbi held a few moments ago. "...and touch me...”

 

Eunbi takes another step back as she stares at the girl, slowly realizing what just happened. The girl looks at her eyes again and stares back in amazement. "You can see me, hear me, and even touch me!" She exclaimed happily.

 

Eunbi stares at her for a few more seconds before looking at her from head to toe. This girl is a...

 

"Hwang Eunbi!"

 

Eunbi almost jumped as she automatically looks back to glare at her bestfriend who almost gave her a mini heart attack. However, when she looks back, there is no one standing in front of her. She looks around but the girl is nowhere to be found. 

 

"What's wrong? Who were you talking to?"

 

Eunbi turns around, facing her bestfriend. "You saw me talking to someone. So I was really talking to someone!" Eunbi looks around again before looking back at her bestfriend, who was confused at Eunbi's actions. "Did you see her?" 

 

"I did not? You were facing your back to me and your figure was all I could see but I'm sure you were speaking to someone in front of you."

 

"Oh my god, Yewon. Did I just talk to a ghost?" 

 

Yewon raises an eyebrow at her bestfriend. "What's so surprising about that? You can see ghosts since you are a kid."

 

Eunbi blinks. Yewon is right. She should not be surprised by this common occurrence but why is she so intrigued? She can see ghosts roaming around on a daily basis and she has learned how to get used to it. But... that girl looks so different from a normal appearance of a ghost. As what Eunbi has observed, ghosts usually look bloody— well, not all because it depends on how they died but still, Eunbi can easily distinguish them because they look pale and lifeless. 

 

"But... she looks different." Eunbi mutters.

 

"What do you mean different?"

 

"She looks like a normal human. She isn't bloody or pale..." Eunbi looks down, trying to recall the girl's appearance. She looked so decent and lively and now that she thinks of it... "She looks... beautiful... to be a ghost."

 

"What? I never heard you describe a ghost as beautiful. Are you acting like this because you've been stunned by a beautiful ghost?"

 

"No! I'm serious. She doesn't look like a ghost at all."

 

"Maybe she doesn't look like a ghost because she is not a ghost."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Maybe she's an angel?" Yewon suggests.

 

"Angel?"

 

"Yeah, your guardian angel

 

Eunbi's brows furrow. "No, that's absurd." She sighs and turns around to gather her things. "Forget about it. Let's go to the meeting or we'll be late." She casually says and links arms with her bestfriend.

 

---

 

Eunbi finds herself walking home alone as her bestfriend received an urgent call from Yuna, Yewon's girlfriend. She doesn't mind though, Yuna just probably misses her girlfriend and found something that intrigued her weird thoughts which is why she summoned her girlfriend. The club meeting got adjourned earlier than expected and Eunbi is delighted to go back to her apartment early to rest. 

 

She pulls out her headphone and gets herself lost to the lyrics as she walks by the road, liking how the wind hits her face. When she looks around, she spots someone who is about to cross the street on a red light. She immediately rushes over and holds the person's arms to stop her from crossing. 

 

"What are you doing? Can't you see it's a red?" Eunbi takes off her headphone as she motions her head to the pedestrian post across the street. 

 

"So you can really see and touch me." The person says as she nods her head. 

 

Realizing what just happened and who she is talking to, Eunbi lets go of the girl and takes a step back. "You..."

 

The girl smiles at her and waves her hand. "Hi Eunbi."

 

"How did you—"

 

"You friend literally shouted your name earlier, of course, I would know." The girl says and winks at her. 

 

Eunbi just stares back, unamused but still kind of intrigued. What does this ghost want from her? Did she purposely wait for Eunbi and attempted to cross a busy street just to confirm that Eunbi can see her? Eunbi sighs. She has no time for this. This is just another day of encountering ghosts, nothing special. And what does she do when she encounters one? Ignore them. Right. Ignore ghosts. 

 

"Look. I want to be polite so, I'm kindly telling you that I don't talk or interact with ghosts. I've got no time in my hands and I need to go. So please, just let me be." Eunbi gives a flat smile and turns to walk away, leaving the girl behind. Even though there is a tiny bit of curiosity that bothers her, she doesn't really care. She is just another random ghost in the streets. She probably just died decently and nothing special. Besides, as what she just said, she doesn't have time to chitchat with the ghost. She's got dishes waiting for her at her apartment.

 

"Are you sure I'm a ghost?"

 

Eunbi can feel her heart jumping, shocked as the girl suddenly appears by her side. She lifts her hand to feel her heartbeat racing before turning to glare at the girl, only to see a teasing smile.

 

"Aren't I too beautiful to be a ghost?"

 

Eunbi opens to speak only to close it again. Did she hear it right? Is this ghost teasing her for what she said to Yewon earlier? Eunbi raises an eyebrow. She only met this girl hours ago and she's already getting on her nerves. "Have your parents ever told you that eavesdropping is a bad thing?" Eunbi says and is about to roll her eyes at the girl but she sees something in the girl's eyes for a moment. It caused Eunbi to blink and within that split second, the girl is already smiling brightly at her, offering her hand. 

 

What was that?

 

"I was kidding. Hi. I'm Jung Yerin."

 

Eunbi stares for a few more seconds before turning to continue walking. "I don't be friends with ghosts."

 

"Even with a beautiful ghost?"

 

"Yeah, even with a beauti—" Eunbi stops walking as she realizes what she is saying. She huffs an annoyed breath and looks back to glare at the girl. What she hates the most is when someone teases her again and again and she's not in the mood. Well, actually, she was in the mood, but this ghost just ruined it. "Look. What is your name again? Yerin? Ah! Whoever or whatever you are, I'm not in the best mood for this okay? I literally just compared you to a usual appearance of a ghost. Don't flatter yourself too much." Eunbi rolls her eyes and stomps her steps away from the girl, clearly annoyed.

 

The girl chuckles as she waves Eunbi goodbye. "See you Eunbi!"

 

---

 

Eunbi hates it. She hates it that the girl has figured out that she lives across the park. She hates it that whenever she walks past the park, that girl ghost always walks beside her, talks to her, teases her— annoys her, to sum it all. Why is her apartment located across the park in the first place? It would've been easier for her to avoid getting annoyed every single day if her apartment is somewhere away from this park. She can't even take a bus or at least a taxi. She would what? Ride a taxi and get off after half a minute? Taxi drivers will ban her for that. 

 

She doesn't even know why this ghost keeps on pestering her. Was it her first time to be seen by a human? Or was it her first time to be complimented and called beautiful? Eunbi didn't even compliment her. She just said she looks beautiful comparing to other ghosts she saw. Or… was it a compliment? Eunbi shakes her head. Compliment or not, she doesn't care. She just needs this ghost to stop annoying her. But… does this ghost really annoy her? Or is it just her? Eunbi also doesn't care. She just wants to walk home everyday peacefully. 

 

"Hey Eunbi."

 

But of course, that ghost will always show up to make it impossible to happen.

 

"I'm not in the mood to play with you." 

 

Yerin pouts, walking beside Eunbi. "You never play with me in the first place."

 

"We are not kids anymore to PLAY in the first place." Eunbi emphasizes. "And who would want to play with a ghost anyway?" She adds, frankly. 

 

When she was a kid, she hated seeing ghosts almost everywhere. They were the reason why she couldn't meet her playmates in the playground as they were also scattered in that particular place. Basically, she wasn't able to enjoy her childhood because of them. 

 

As she looks at Yerin, she can feel something heavy slowly creeping into her as she sees the ghost lowering her head and with a forced smile. "Right. Who would want to hang out with a ghost anyway." She repeats, voice sounding so small. 

 

Eunbi blinks at that. Did she hurt her feelings? She does not mean to... she just said what is the truth and that is reality. Humans are scared of ghosts. They will not hang out with them.

 

As Eunbi opens to explain, Yerin looks up at her, already smiling widely, as if nothing happened. "You don't want to hang out even with a beautiful ghost like me?" She says, clearly teasing.

 

Eunbi stares for a few seconds before sighing and rolling her eyes. Here she goes again. Of course, she will annoy her. This ghost never fails to give her daily dose of annoyance. "Shut up." She hisses and resumes walking.

 

Yerin immediately catches up and shows her cutest pout. "Even with a beautiful and cutieee ghost like me?" She says cutely. 

 

Eunbi then stops walking and takes a deep breath before glaring at her. "Can you please stop annoying me about that? It's not a big deal okay? Fine then, you look beautiful. I'm admitting it, satisfied? Just please, leave me be." Eunbi says straightforwardly as her face becomes emotionless. 

 

However, instead of teasing back, Yerin just gives a small smile. "Thank you... I just want to hear you say it directly to me… and want to know how it feels to be directly complimented." She admits and gives another genuine and bright smile. "You should go home. You look tired. Rest well Eunbi."

 

Eunbi stares at her and follows her figure as she happily walks back to her favorite bench in the park. Eunbi only sighs as she continues her way home. She doesn't know how to feel about that and she doesn't want to think about it, knowing it will only bother her more.

 

---

 

The dance practice for the day ended early as a heavy rainfall is expected in the city. Luckily, Eunbi did not forget to bring her umbrella with her, else, she will have to run under the rain to reach her apartment. 

 

As she reaches the park, she sighs in relief thinking Yerin probably won't annoy her today, considering the bad weather. She is probably wandering somewhere that has roof— wait, can ghosts even get drenched?

 

Eunbi's question is answered as her eyes land on the ghost who never fails to annoy her for the past few weeks. Yerin is seated on her favorite bench, looking calm as she entertains herself by opening her palm to feel more of the raindrops. She is drenched but she shows no sign of shivering. And before Eunbi can even realize it, she stops walking meter away to stare at the preoccupied ghost. 

 

That ghost definitely looks beautiful, Eunbi admits in her thoughts. Is Yewon right? That Yerin is probably an angel? But angels don't walk around, annoying humans. Eunbi argues internally. She then shakes her head and continues walking, hoping that when she walks near Yerin, she won't be noticed. 

 

"Hey Eunbi."

 

But of course,

 

Eunbi only rolls her eyes as she continues to walk, ignoring the ghost. But three steps past the bench, she stops and looks back at Yerin, confused as the girl remains silent. "Not gonna annoy me today?"

 

Yerin chuckles hearing the unexpected question. "Nope. It's raining and you have to reach home quickly."

 

Eunbi narrows her eyes hearing that. Is this ghost actually being considerate? She shrugs and resumes her steps. But, once again, stops after her fifth step. She looks back at the ghost and sighs. conscience.

 

Eunbi carefully walks back and stood in front of Yerin. "Here take this." She says and offers her umbrella.

 

Yerin stares up at her for a moment and smiles. "Nah. I'm okay. You need it more."

 

Eunbi sighs annoyingly. "I'm being kind here. And I'm rarely kind so take it before I change my mind." Eunbi grabs her hand and forcibly gives her the umbrella before putting her hoodie on. She then turns her back and took fast steps away from the ghost. 

 

But then, for the third time, she stops and sighs before walking back to Yerin. "I just realized people might have heart attack seeing a floating umbrella."

 

Yerin laughs hard. She stands up and gives Eunbi back her umbrella. "I told you, I'm okay. We ghosts can't die again, can we?" She then gives her brightest smile and shoos Eunbi away. "It's getting late. You should hurry."

 

Eunbi starts to walk away again, hesitant as she looks back at Yerin who is gesturing for her to go faster. When she's far away enough, she takes a deep breath and talks to herself. "She's a ghost, she can't get sick. Yeah that's right. She's a ghost Eunbi. This heavy rain won't affect her at all." She closes her eyes and sighs annoyingly. "Argh! Why do I even care? If she dies again then she dies!"

 

She resumes walking, determined to reach her apartment sooner but before she can even reach the end of the park, an image of drenched Yerin flashes inside her head. Eunbi finds herself stopping and walking back. "Damn it, Hwang Eunbi."

 

When she reaches the bench, she only glares at Yerin when the latter looks at her in confusion. "Stand up and follow me."

 

"Where are we going?" Yerin asks, chasing after Eunbi who walks unbelievably fast.

 

"To my apartment, Idiot. And I would greatly appreciate it if you keep your mouth shut."

 

Eunbi rolls her eyes as she hears Yerin chuckling. She doesn't know what she is doing but she knows she won't be able to sleep well that night if she chooses to be a complete . Even though Yerin is a ghost, her drench figure still bothers Eunbi. She doesn't know why she is doing that, it's not like ghosts can be sick and die. Something inside her just won't let her be.

 

As they reach her apartment, Eunbi throws Yerin a towel, hesitant as she thinks if ghosts can even dry themselves using a human towel. Seeing Yerin drying herself with it, she goes inside her room to get an extra jacket. 

 

"You are lucky I'm in a good mood today." Eunbi says flatly as she gives Yerin the jacket. "Don't you dare wear that and sit on my couch if you're still drenched." She glares, reminding the girl. 

 

"You look cute when you're trying not to show that you're actually worried." Yerin suddenly says.

 

"W-Who says I'm worried? About you? Huh! As if!" Eunbi rolls her eyes for the nth time. "I'm just being kind, that's it."

 

Yerin chuckles and nodded. "If you say so. Let's rephrase it then." She says and smiles cutely at Eunbi. "You look cute when you're trying to look grumpy when you're actually being kind."

 

"S-Shut up or else, I'll kick you out." Eunbi hisses and heads back to her room to change her clothes. It hasn't been an hour yet she's already regretting letting that ghost in her apartment. Eunbi sighs as she opens her closet. She can't explain it well but she feels a bit relieved seeing that ghost covered with a towel and drying herself. 

 

"I'm being weird." She tells herself.

 

---

 

Eunbi later on finds Yerin in her kitchen, staring at the tools and equipment obviously amazed. She is already dry, wearing Eunbi's jacket.

 

"What are you doing here? And your clothes dry that fast?"

 

"Ghost clothes can dry within ten minutes." Yerin looks at her before letting her eyes travel around the kitchen again. "You've got a nice kitchen." Then after a few seconds, she looks back at Eunbi suggestively. "Hey can I cook? For dinner? Let me cook us dinner!" She exclaims in excitement.

 

Eunbi raises an eyebrow at that. "Can ghosts even cook?"

 

"Yes we can! Of course, if you only give me a permission to touch your kitchen."

 

"Can you even make an edible dish?"

 

"I can!"

 

Eunbi scoffs. "Do you have any experience? Or were you a chef when you were still alive?"

 

Yerin stops and blinks, not sure how to answer the question. "I'm not sure about that but there's something in me that tells me I can cook well!" She grabs Eunbi's sleeves and shows her aegyo. "Pretty pleaseeee, Eunbiiii???"

 

Eunbi blinks for a few seconds before pulling her hand and turning away. "Go on and cook. A-And! Stop showing your aegyo, it's gross." She says and walks back to her room, shutting the door behind her. She then touches her warm cheeks and stomps her foot. "Damn that ghost."

 

--- 

 

"So you can really cook huh." Eunbi comments as she stares at the dishes served on her dining table. She looks up at Yerin who is sitting proudly across her. 

 

"I guess I can. Hehe. I just followed the recipes in that book I saw in your kitchen." Yerin says. 

 

"Oh I thought you cooked these based on your experience when you were still alive."

 

Yerin blinks and hums. "Hmm about that. I’m not really sure..." She carefully mutters. "I can't remember anything about my life when I was alive."

 

Eunbi's eyebrows furrow in confusion. "What?"

 

"I woke up last year as a ghost, completely lost, no memory. Well, except for my name. My name is the only thing I know about me." Yerin casually tells, as if what she is saying isn't something tragic.

 

Eunbi only stares at her. So that explains the sadness she saw in her when she asked her about her parents. Also the reason behind why she keeps bothering her about the compliment. And her indirect answer to her question about Yerin being a chef in her life before.

 

"Ah! We're not here to talk about me but to eat! Come on, I've been wanting to taste these. I see a lot of humans enjoy eating a lot." She says and picks up a pair of chopsticks, excitement obviously shown in her face. 

 

Eunbi picks up her own chopsticks as she her eyes continue to linger on the ghost. She didn't know Yerin's situation is possible. But why does it seem to affect her so much? Why does it bother her? She shakes her head, before starting to eat. She should not think about it. She tells herself.

 

---

 

"Ohhh~ Is this what they call milk?" Yerin asks in amazement as she takes the mug offered by Eunbi. While the latter just rolls her eyes before sitting on the other end of the couch. 

 

They are currently watching television and Yerin is more than amazed to switch channels by herself. Eunbi just lets her. She actually usually hates it when people holds the remote control of her own TV and keeps on switching channels. But she finds herself feeling the opposite as she observes the ghost beside her. Probably because of what she heard earlier? About this ghost's tragic reality?

 

Ever since she met this ghost, she can't seem to understand herself, especially the ride of emotions. What on earth is happening to her? Did the universe let her meet this girl to help her find more about herself? Or is she just a passerby in this ghost's journey? That she's just someone who let this ghost in her apartment for a stormy night? 

 

"Ohh! Seems like Ji unnie can ascend to heaven now." Yerin happily says, carefully watching the screen.

 

Eunbi turns to watch the news to see who is this person she talks about. Then, there it is. The news of catching a woman's murderer. Eunbi keeps silent as she thinks. So ghosts really stay in human's world because of their grudges and unfinished businesses and then, when justice has been served, they can finally leave to afterlife. She concludes inside her head.

 

She looks back at Yerin. So how can this ghost ascend to heaven? Her own question caused something inside her to feel heavy. If Yerin can't remember anything before she died, is she going to be a ghost forever?

 

"Hey Eunbi. I was thinking, before I leave tomorrow morning, can you let me cook you breakfast?"

 

Eunbi looks back at the screen as Yerin turns to look at her. "Go ahead." She says and stands up. "I'm going to sleep. Do you ghosts sleep?"

 

Yerin nods. "We do, I'll just take the couch."

 

"So where were you sleeping all this time?"

 

"In the park. In that bench."

 

Eunbi's brows furrow. "Isn't it dangerous? I mean, there might be other ghosts roaming around too, specifically the ert ones."

 

Yerin stops moving to think. She then looks up at Eunbi and smiles. "I haven't encountered one so I guess it's not dangerous."

 

Eunbi wants to smack her. Is this ghost stupid when she was still alive? Because it shows. "Yah. Are you serious about that?"

 

Yerin chuckles and stands up to push Eunbi into her room. "Go to sleep. You look really tired. Goodnight Eunbi."

 

Eunbi sighs in frustration. Who does this ghost think she is? And why do I even care about her? It's not like she can die again! 

 

Eunbi lies down on her bed, forcibly closing her eyes. 

 

The heck I care about that ghost.

 

---

 

Eunbi's mouth goes open as she stares at the breakfast served on the table. Ever since she moved into her apartment, she can rarely have a homemade breakfast feast and it's only when she has time to go home to her parents'. But then, considering the busy uni life ahead, Eunbi knows it will take time again for her to enjoy this kind of breakfast. 

 

She looks up at Yerin who is only smiling proudly before nodding her head. "Okay fine. This looks fantastic." She rolls her eyes before letting herself drown into a heaven of tasty dishes. 

 

In the middle of their breakfast, Eunbi stops to start talking. "I was thinking last night... uhm, you can stay here—" Eunbi lifts her hand to stop Yerin from interfering. "Shut up. I'm not yet done talking... Uhmm..  so of course that will not be for free, you have to cook for me in exchange for that, since uhm, I'll be really busy these coming weeks..." 

 

Eunbi touches the back of her neck as Yerin just remains silent after what she has said. "But of course, I'm not forcing you. If you don't want to—"

 

"I'd love to do that!" Yerin suddenly exclaims as she claps her hands in excitement.

 

Eunbi bites her lower lip to prevent a smile from forming. Wait, why would she smile? She shakes her head and points her chopsticks at Yerin.

 

"But! But! There are rules to be followed." She reminds. 

 

"No problem, what are those?"

 

"Firstly! Stop. annoying. me." Eunbi emphasizes. She glares at Yerin who only pouts in return. "What? Do you have any objections?"

 

"I'm not annoying you in the first place. I was just being friendly."

 

"Friendly my ." Eunbi says. "The other rules will be discussed next time. I still have to think about them."

 

"Sure." Yerin smiles widely. She then went to the kitchen to get the recipe book. After that, she shows Eunbi the dishes she wants to cook next time. The latter can only listen and nod as she silently thinks that Yerin is probably a Culinary student when she was alive.

 

She doesn't know why but she feels happy seeing the ghost being so enthusiastic despite her situation. And that she feels relieved that Yerin's safety every night is already secured. She knows she should not do this as this is not her responsibility at all. But she can feel the urge to do this. Like, it makes her feel at ease and happy helping this annoying ghost. Probably because she pities her? But… more to it, Eunbi wants to know how it feels to be friends with ghost, at least for once. 

 

Actually she is used to living alone for the past years. She survived taking care of herself and all. A little company won’t hurt right? 

 

She hides her smile as she continues to eat while Yerin keeps on showing her interesting recipes. Having company in her apartment isn't that bad, she thinks.

 

---

 

Somehow, it became their routine already: Yerin cooking for Eunbi; them eating together; Yerin waiting for Eunbi at the park after classes and practice and then, they will walk home together. Most of the time, Yerin will share stories about how her days went and will open a topic for Eunbi to talk too. For weeks, it is already a progress for the two.

 

The tsundere Eunbi, however, did not change at all. She is still sometimes grumpy towards Yerin and most of the time, glares at her. It's pretty obvious that the ghost has gotten used to it that sometimes Yerin can even predict her next words. She is amused though, Yerin still manages to be a sunshine and smiles brightly toward her despite the grumpy remarks. Usually her friends will just let her be until her mood becomes better. But Yerin? She does her best to make it better instantly. Which Eunbi sometimes hates, because it works.

 

"How does it feel to be in love?" 

 

Eunbi chokes on her orange juice hearing the sudden question. Yerin, who is sitting beside her, rushes to get her tissue papers.

 

"Yah. Can't you drink carefully?" She asks as she takes Eunbi's glass of orange juice to put it on the coffee table in front of them.

 

"It's your fault for asking such question!" Eunbi glares at her. "Can you just focus on watching that damn drama on TV? They're in love, you see? Learn from watching." 

 

"But... I still don't get it." Yerin mutters and pouts as she looks back at the screen. 

 

Eunbi finds herself staring a little longer. When she feels heat creeps up to her cheeks, she shakes her head and mentally scolds herself. "W-Whatever. I'm going to sleep." She says and gets ready to leave. "By the way, I'm not gonna have dinner here tomorrow. Mom called to meet me."

 

"That's good. You've been worried about her these days because as you said, she is acting weird." Yerin says and smiles. "I'll wait for you at the usual spot then. Have a good time."

 

---

 

But Eunbi had the opposite. The complete opposite as the next day, she drags her feet to her apartment like a lost puppy. Her head is hanging low as her eyes stares down at nothing. She met her mom for dinner but she wasn't expecting for something big. She should've suspected when her mom suddenly called to meet and talk about something. But what the heck, do they have to surprise her like that? Eunbi gulps as she remembers the exact words her mother said.

 

"Your father and I... are getting a, divorce." 

 

She had no idea that her parents' marriage is failing. They could've atleast told her. She could've helped them make it work and fix whatever problem they have before it's too late. What about her? Her little brother in middle school? Their family? 

 

"Hey." 

 

Eunbi didn't notice she has already reached the park. 

 

"I almost didn't see you passing by— hey, are you okay?" Yerin asks.

 

Eunbi doesn't answer. She only keeps walking, lost to her own world as she ignores the worried ghost walking beside her. 

 

When they reach her apartment, Yerin stops her from going inside her room. "What's wrong?" She asks, eyes full of worry. "Eunbi..."

 

But Eunbi still doesn't answer. Instead, she only stares back emotionless before removing Yerin's hand on her arm. She then heads to her room and locks her door, shutting Yerin behind. She wants to be alone. She wants to process all these s going on. She needs to shut everyone out and let herself drown to her own thoughts and emotions. After all, she has survived her previous years as a university student alone. She has survived all the break downs and s she has gone through. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter