Yerin Sunbae

Pages and Bookmarks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Girls, take a rest for a bit. They're fixing the lift for the ballad stages."

 

The manager approached the girlgroup on stage, handing them a bottle of water each. The four members simply smiled as they sat on the chairs the staff brought up the stage. They were having rehearsals for their upcoming concert. Being one of the top girlgroups in South Korea, they were in demand for shows and performances and their concert tickets were sold out within just a minute. Their group is called Gfriend, consisting of four members: Sowon, Yerin, Eunha, and Yuju.

 

"Who's the girl beside Yewon?" Yerin asked before the manager could leave them. There were two girls who entered the hall, one was Yewon, a trainee, and the other looked like a new recruit.

 

"A trainee from another company. She just transferred yesterday. She will start training with Yewon starting tomorrow." The manager answered before hurrying off stage after being called by the stage director.

 

"I thought Yewon will debut as a solo artist?" Yerin asked her members.

 

"You know how things can change last minute, Yerin." Sowon answered and looked over to Yerin. She raised an eyebrow seeing Yerin still staring at the new girl. "You seem interested. The other day there were new trainees too and you didn't even give them a glance."

 

Yerin looked back at her and rolled her eyes. "They're boys, duh." She said which made the other three laugh at her. She also laughed with them before looking back at the new girl. When she did, their eyes met as the latter was already looking at her.

 

"Okay girls. Let's prepare for the next stage." Being called, Yerin stood up, breaking the eye contact as she set aside her bottle and chair.

 

---

 

"Unnies!"

 

The four members turned hearing a familiar voice.

 

"Yewon ah!" Eunha called back, opening her arms for the girl.

 

Yerin just stayed still, smiling at Yewon before her gaze went to the new girl. She looked uneasy and by observing, Yerin could tell she was being dragged by Yewon towards them.

 

"This is Eunbi, our new trainee." Yewon said, pulling the new girl behind her. Eunbi just bowed and forced a smile, acknowledging her sunbaes.

 

"Oh! We have the same name!" Eunha exclaimed. "I can already tell you'll be a hit!"

 

Yerin just rolled her eyes at her member. She then extended her arm and offered a small smile. "Jung Yerin." She introduced, making her three other members look at her in surprise.

 

"A-Ah.. Hwang Eunbi." The girl said as she hesitantly shook hands with her sunbae. There was a silent pause until Yuju decided to also offer her hand and introduce herself, followed by the other two.

 

"Just call us unnie, drop the honorifics." Eunha smiled sweetly after knowing that Eunbi was same age as Yewon.

 

"Girls? Let's go?" Their manager called, appearing out of nowhere. "The van is ready."

 

The four girls just nodded and bid their goodbyes to the two. However, before turning to walk away, Yerin looked at Eunbi again and said, "See you around."

 

---

 

"Yah Jung Yerin. What's with you?" Sowon asked as they settled on their dining table in their dorm.

 

"What what's with me?"

 

The three members rolled their eyes at her. "It's so unusual of you to be like that." Yuju said.

 

"Like that? What?" Yerin asked again, earning a smack from the oldest.

 

"Stop what-what-ing us. You are obviously acting different with that new trainee." Sowon said, eyeing Yerin.

 

"Can't I be friendly?"

 

"You are already friendly unnie. But you never offer you hand, introduce your full name, and say 'see you around' to any of the newbies before." This time, it was Eunha who gave a point.

 

"Maybe I want a change?" Yerin said, earning a collective scoff from her members followed by another smack from their leader. It made her laugh and raise her hands. "Okay okay! She just looked interesting to me okay?" She said and pouted.

 

"Stop pouting. What do you mean by interesting?"

 

"It's nothing special. You guys really... Don't act like I'm gonna do something bad!" Yerin just glared at them and tried to change the topic to avoid being questioned further.

 

---

 

The concert was nearing and the members were becoming busier for the rehearsals and other preparations. They sometimes practice overnight just to perfect the moves with the dancers but of course, still making sure they don't overwork themselves.

 

This time, Yerin decided to practice more for her solo stage. She still was not comfortable with the length of her heels so she stayed behind to master it. She had enough rest earlier anyway, so she wouldn't overwork herself. 

 

She was left alone in the practice room since her manager went out for a while to meet with the other managers promising she would be back in an hour. 

 

Settling everything, Yerin started. It was good that she was alone, she could practice in her own pace. No one would tell her to do a certain dance step again or tell her to repeat all over. Though, it was common when practicing, Yerin sometimes didn't like when their teacher makes them repeat for multiple times when the dance was almost perfect in the first place.

 

Letting her body drop to the floor, Yerin just let the music play in the background. After a few times of dancing to the whole song, she decided to call it a day and wait for her manager.

 

Hearing a click of the doorknob, Yerin removed her heels. "Let's go home unnie~"

 

"O-Oh, sunbae."

 

Hearing a different voice, Yerin looked over. "Eunbi." She automatically muttered. The trainee was obviously a bit shocked hearing her sunbae say her name. It sounded natural that even Yerin herself was a bit surprised.

 

"I-I'm sorry, I thought the room is empty." 

 

"No, it's okay. I'm done anyway." Yerin smiled and stood up to pack her things. "It's late, are you gonna practice?"

 

"No. I just need to take something I left here and go home." Eunbi replied and took hesitant steps towards the table where Yerin stood.

 

"Good. Where do you live? We can drop you—"

 

"You don't have to—"

 

"Hurry. We'll wait for manager unnie at the lobby." Yerin interrupted before Eunbi could even finish her protest. She offered a small smile and started walking, leaving Eunbi speechless. Now, she always saw Yerin smiling but that one was something different. With Yerin's bare face and cute eyes, Eunbi was sure she held her breath for a moment.

 

---

 

The ride was silent and Yerin could sense how Eunbi was uncomfortable. She prevented herself from chuckling seeing the girl being uneasy. She wasn't like this when she saw her with Eunha the other day. She seemed to be comfortable around the bunny already and Yerin won't deny she frowned unconsciously that day. Eunbi was obviously uncomfortable around her compared to the other members. Was it because they rarely meet? But they exchange a few words when they do. Yerin sighed, why was it a big deal for her anyway?

 

"Are you gonna watch the concert?" Yerin asked, breaking the silence.

 

"I don't think I can go sunbae. There are no seats left." Eunbi answered and thank god, she didn't stutter.

 

"Why?" Yerin asked, slightly frowning. "I'm sure they gave space for trainees."

 

"Uhm.. I joined the company a little late and the tickets are already sold out."

 

Yerin turned to her manager seated in front. "Unnie? Can't we do anything about this?"

 

"It's okay sunbae—"

 

"No it's not." Yerin said as calm as possible, not wanting to creep Eunbi off. 

 

She felt a bit disappointed, she admits. A concert is only once in a while and trainees need to watch it, that's a rule in their company. Besides that, she wanted Eunbi to watch. And as lame as it may sound but she was looking forward to the backstage photos they will take with the trainees.

 

"I've already checked if we can do anything but it seems like there's really nothing left." Her manager answered.

 

Yerin only sighed and and looked at Eunbi when the latter assured her again that it was really okay.

 

---

 

Three days before the concert and everyone was more than busy and excited, especially the members. They just finished with their dress rehearsal and everyone was satisfied with the outcome.

 

"I'll get the van ready. Wait for me at the lobby." Their manager instructed and stormed off, leaving the members to their own conversations.

 

On their way, they saw Yewon and Eunbi walking towards their direction. Eunha of course, needed to show her affection before the two could even notice them. "Yewon ah~ Eunbi yah~" She called.

 

The two trainees, hearing the familiar voice, looked up and smiled. 

 

"You must be tired because of the rehearsal." Yewon said as she approach them with a hug one by one. While Eunbi just settled with a smile. But of course Eunha went to hug her as well, saying they had not meet for days.

 

"I didn't know bunnies are this clingy." Yerin playfully commented but the oldest didn't fail to notice the bitterness in it. 

 

"You're just jealous I can hug Eunbi like this." Eunha stuck her tongue out and even squeezed the trainee. 

 

"Yah. Why would I? I have Yewon." Yerin immediately countered back feeling her blood slowly going up her cheeks. She pulled Yewon into a tight embrace in which the younger girl just happily reciprocated. "Besides, I can give Eunbi more than just a hug."

 

The other girls went silent hearing what Yerin said. While Eunbi was slowly reddening not just because of the attention she was getting but, what did Yerin mean by that?

 

The awkward silence was broken when Yerin took out something from her bag. "A ticket to our concert!" She happily exclaimed. Her members released their breath after that. Yerin should really learn how to use words sometimes.

 

"Yah. Where did you get that?" Sowon asked. "I thought they can't do anything about it?"

 

"THEY can't do anything about it. But me? I have my ways." Yerin winked at her. She then looked at the surprised Eunbi and handed her the ticket. 

 

"Sunbae..." 

 

"Take it. We'd be really sad if any of the trainees can't come."

 

The three members scoffed. 'We'? 'Any of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter