❁ 4th Rose

Those Boys Gave Me 18 Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4TH ROSE: Anonymous Roses

 

JIN HEE KEPT ON PANTING AS SHE RAN like she’s running for her life after she got off the bus. It’s 7:45 AM and she’s sure as hell that she’s late to her class. “Gawd, Jin Hee! You kept on embarrassing yourself! Yesterday and now this?!” she panted. “It’s just your second day in your new school and you’re now about to get demerits. Ugh.”

it’s your second day in your new school and you want to skip it? How can you help your family in Jeollanam-do if you’re like that’ and that’s the reason why she’s here, running like her life depended on it.?In all honesty, she really doesn’t want to go to school today because of what happened yesterday—about her, who just transferred in and her new classmates appointed her as their class’ president in an instant. But her beloved Mama Shin kept on hitting her conscience like ‘

Well actually, her merits depended on it.

She looked at the Empire Academy’s gate which is now closed and guarded by their strict school guard and that sight made her scowl. “Geez, I’m so late.”

Great, it’s her second day here in Empire Academy and she’s now getting herself into trouble.

She heaved a sigh. No choice, she’ll be going to do what her naughty classmates in her old school usually do when they’re late.

She’s climbing the school fence.

Jin Hee ran as fast as she could to reach the lower part of the school fence (because the Empire Academy’s gates and fences were really huge and tall) which, she bet, is where the school garden is and she also bet that that’s the blind spot—where you can barely see the security cameras—and she’s sure that she’ll be safe by that. She’s internally thanking the heavens when she saw a huge cemented object lying below the fence which she can use to climb and reach the fence easily. She doesn’t have an impressive height though.

She took a deep breath and climbed the fence carefully and silently. It was successful that she made herself sit on the fence but then, she gasped in shock when she noticed that there’s nothing to step on for her to go down. If she insisted to jump, she might break her foot or any part of her body. She groaned in so much frustration. This day is throwing jinx on me!

“Hey,” her eyes settled on the tall guy looking up at her—more like he’s frowning at her. “What are you doing up there?”

“I-I… I, umm…” she stuttered as she bit her lower lip, trying to come up with a good answer for him.

He slightly snorted. “Let me guess, you climbed the school fence because you thought you’re late.”

“Umm…” she kept on biting her lower lip while holding on the fence tight.

The guy muttered something that made her frown because she can’t hear it. He, then, looked at her slightly outstretched his hand to her while looking at her in a blank face.

Jin Hee blinked her eyes twice and the tall guy is still looking at her in a blank face.

“Jump,” he suddenly muttered.

“What?”

“Jump. I’ll catch you.”

She was a bit taken aback when she heard the guy offering her help to get down from the fence. She was actually embarrassed that someone saw her in this state that she wants to refuse the offer because number one, she’s embarrassed and number two, this guy, even though he’s her schoolmate or something, is a stranger for her. Her mother always reminds her not to talk and trust strangers. Who knows, this guy is pranking her that if she’ll jump, he will not catch her and just laugh his out while watching her in broken bones and limbs and no one will know that she died because there’s just the two of them in this place (she’s really that exaggerating) but when she realized that she’s really, really late so she doesn’t have any choice left but to swallow her nervousness and throw her worries and anxiety away and jump.

He instantly caught her as he carried her like a bride. His tantalizing cold eyes met hers and she felt like time runs slowly like what she had seen in lousy, cliché romantic movies.

But what really made her mesmerized is not his eyes or how his jet-black hair was neatly pushed back, revealing his forehead or his deep voice but because of his ears poking out adorably.

His elfish ears are so cute. She thought while staring, meeting his tantalizing gaze.

Can I at least touch it?

But before she could reach one of his ears, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter