Chapter 11

A Hint of Jasmine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana was falling for Mina hard and fast, almost like she was losing the edges of herself whenever Mina was with her. It wasn't a bad feeling by any means, this dreamlike feeling of being in love. Rather, it was a warm sensation, an indescribable experience that was as exciting as it was scary. Like the way cream dispersed slowly when poured into coffee, the dark blending with the light until it became something new and delicious and sweet, so too could Sana feel her heart and Mina's heart blending together slowly into something incredibly special.

The days passed by quickly, the snow melting into water and then giving way to rain. Winter break ended far too soon for anyone's satisfaction and classes started up again as well. There was no 8 AM calculus class waiting for Sana at the top of The Hill anymore, but there was still a girl who sat on a lone bench every morning before her physics class began, and Sana longed to spend more time with this girl.

With a heavy intake of chilly, not-quite-spring air, Sana paused at the top of The Hill to catch her breath. It took only a second for her to find Mina sitting alone at their usual meeting spot, and Sana could only stop and stare at her girlfriend with a smile on her face, still humbled and awed by the fact that Mina no longer just studied from a textbook with downcast eyes like back during the days where Sana only observed her from afar; Mina now waited for her to arrive every morning with the the most adoring gaze on her face. And as surely as the sun rose every morning and then gracefully set before the moon's arrival every evening, Sana was always certain that Mina would greet her cheerfully when she arrived.

Sana settled into the open spot next to Mina on the bench, her eyes fluttering shut as Mina slid her fingers through Sana's hair to fix her wayward blonde locks. A good morning kiss followed the sensual greeting, then another, and another after that. Sana couldn't remember who started the exchange but all she knew was that they couldn't seem to stop. It was like a reunion between lovers who hadn't seen each other in weeks when in reality they last saw each other the previous night as Mina walked Sana back to the dorm room she shared with Momo.

"Did you sleep well?" Mina asked Sana breathlessly, posing the question in between well-timed kisses.

Sana nodded and murmured against Mina's lips, her reply equally as flirty as it was was truthful. "Of course I did because I was dreaming about you."

"Always the sweet talker," Mina giggled and the action finally brought the long string of kisses to a halt. She caressed Sana's cheek tenderly. "And didn't I tell you to stop meeting me here every morning? You already finished all your math requirements. You earned your break from the dreaded climb up The Hill."

It was true that Sana wouldn't need to take any more math classes as long as she stuck with her liberal arts degree (and there was little chance she would suddenly be interested in a new degree with tougher math requirements). But math classes weren't the only reason for Sana to want to climb The Hill.

"But I missed you," Sana admitted truthfully, pressing deeper into the coolness of Mina's palm.

Mina giggled again. "We just saw each other last night. And I'll see you later for lunch."

"But I MISSED you," Sana repeated with more emphasis, unable to describe the feeling any more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter