A Confession (Of Sorts)

A Hint of Jasmine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were at Nayeon's apartment, the four of them, cheerfully celebrating the start of their winter holiday. The aftermath from the first snow still laid thick on the campus even a week after it had fallen, but that didn't stop Sana, Mina, Momo, and Nayeon from meeting up after their last exams of the semester. The food they ordered had just arrived and they were planning to kick off their winter break with dinner and a movie--if only they could figure out what movie to watch.

"Pick something romantic," Momo suggested as she began opening the take out containers.

"With a lot of action," Nayeon requested, passing around utensils.

"And make sure it has robots," Mina added playfully.

"Is there even a movie like that?" Sana wondered from her seat on the sofa. She flipped through movie options on her phone with a bewildered look on her face. The others sat on the floor near the coffee table that would serve as their dining table for the evening, but Sana ignored the food as she frowned at the phone, questioning the existence of a romantic robot action film that was actually worth watching. "And why do I have to choose the movie when you guys are the picky ones?" she grumbled.

Sana's annoyance over selecting the movie started to darken her expression, but then a welcomed intrusion in the form of a soft, airy giggle cut through Sana's cloudy mood. A cool hand reached up to caress Sana's cheek, lowering Sana's gaze from her phone to meet Mina's gentle brown eyes.

"Want some help picking a movie?" Mina asked Sana kindly.

And it wasn't so much what Mina said as it was the look in Mina's eyes, warm and affectionate and inviting, that caused Sana to eagerly slide down from the sofa and into Mina's embrace out of instinct and habit. After dating for only a week so far--or perhaps because they had only dated for a week so far--obsessive cuddling had become the norm for them. So it came as no surprise to Sana when Mina pulled her closer and began casually her cheek while they browsed movies together on Sana's phone, Mina's hand tracing complex trails across Sana's face with all the softness of an autumn breeze gently toying with fallen leaves.

"You guys are awfully close for two people who aren't dating," Nayeon commented sarcastically. When both Mina and Sana turned toward her, surprised looks on their faces, the older girl flinched slightly but held her mischievous smile. "I mean, I don't want Sana to throw another water bottle at me, but you two are so obviously deep in the realm of 'not NOT dating' that you might as well just kiss each other right now and get it over with."

"NAYEON!"

Nayeon turned and caught a wad of napkins thrown at her face, courtesy of her own girlfriend.

"Leave them alone," Momo warned the older girl sharply.

"But whyyyy?" Nayeon whined like a child deprived of her favorite toy. "The anticipation is killing me." She turned back to Sana and Mina with a forlorn and pleading expression. "Isn't the anticipation killing you guys, too? Just kiss already, will ya?"

A pillow caught Nayeon in the back of the head and she toppled over onto Mina and Sana's feet. Momo shot another

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter