003

GIFTED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3.

Mark grabbed onto Ten’s shoulders. Ten was shaking and Mark could hear the other try to utter words but nothing that made sense came out. Mark too was caught in a state of shock. There was no blood on the floor, nothing that indicated where he could’ve gone, but then Mark took a moment to look. In the dust that had fallen, there were traces of commotion. It could’ve been from Mark and Ten when they stood by Taeyong’s body, but two lines seemed to draw themselves towards the back of the building. 

  “Someone has taken him.” Mark spoke and let go of Ten, walking around the other to follow the trace. Ten ran to catch up with him and Mark felt the other grip his sleeve.

  “Why? Why take him away?” He asked, and Mark shook his head. He did not know the answer. Yet, he could only imagine one person who would do that. But would he really risk his life by carrying around an unconscious person… or dead… who knew? 
 
 “Only someone who wants us to find Taeyong would take him.” He said as they stared at the door leading to the staircase at the back of the building. 

Ten looked up at Mark. “Lucas?” He asked. “Why would he take Taeyong’s body?” 

Mark thought hard. “That’s the thing… if Taeyong wasn’t dead… then his body would be valuable to us.” 

  “He isn’t?” Ten’s voice had gone shrill. “Mark, what are you saying?”

  “Lucas wants Jaemin. We want Taeyong.” 

 

  “He wants to do a trade.”


 

 

 

Mark pleaded Ten to at least try to get some rest. Which he only did when Mark had brought Jaehyun into the room. Ten fell asleep rather quickly, he could barely tell about Taeyong having gone missing before he passed out from exhaustion. Mark and Jaehyun sat on two chairs, in what was the room that Mark had slept in. It was narrow but had windows from floor to ceiling. Dawn was now painting the sky golden and the clouds pink, it painted the pale room in its colors and Mark liked these colors on Ten’s face. He looked beautiful. 


 

  “They want what?” Jaehyun suddenly spoke. “The Gift? Which is supposed to be something that Jaemin has?” Jaehyun didn’t look at Mark. There was a cool air coming from him and Mark didn’t like it. 

  “Jaemin said something about… ‘we created you.’ Which I suspect is the decease.” He spoke in a timid tone, he had removed all the emotion he could but stayed respectful. He knew he shouldn’t try to gain back Jaehyun’s trust immediately. He did not deserve that. 

 

Jaehyun looked at him, and Mark dared to peek up at the other but found himself unable to look Jaehyun in the eye. “So, the South thinks it’s a gift?”

Mark nodded, gaze falling upon Ten again. “While we think it’s a curse.” 

Both of them sat in silence. 

  “Did they know?” Jaehyun’s deep voice still sounded gentle even when he tried to sound disciplinary. Mark knew he was talking about Lord Win and Kun.

Mark shook his head. “I did not tell them.” He replied and finally found the courage to look at Jaehyun. The other’s pale face shone brightly even after so many terrors that it had faced. His lips stretched into a firm line, but Mark could see how the other was wavering. Maybe Ten was right. People wanted to trust Mark, even if he proved that they couldn’t. “They think you’re dead.” He said. 

Jaehyun sighed in relief. “Good.” He stated but looked like this was bad news. “Can’t have the South knowing about me just yet.” 

Mark had to turn his face away from Jaehyun. He felt his emotions rush through him and he did not want to let them have the control of him, not while there were so many strings to pull. Taeyong. Johnny. Lord Win and Kun. The trust he had lost with not only Ten, Jaehyun but also Haechan who had not even confronted him about it. How disappointed everyone was with him. He wished he could disappear, but now Taeyong was missing. Even though no one could trust him, he felt like they still needed his help. 

  “I’m sorry.” Mark’s voice was thick when he spoke. “I did not want to worry you before I had any evidence.” 

  “Well, we got it now,” Jaehyun replied, his voice cold. Mark wanted to plead, but he sealed his lips shut. Jaehyun stood up and left the room. Mark leaned over his legs and hid his face in his arms. He was not sure if he could take it. 

Ten woke up when Haechan opened the door the room and told him they had to leave. Mark had moved from the chair to the window, his head leaning against it. He was hugging his legs close to his chest, small sniffles being the only thing that revealed that he was in the room. Mark couldn’t turn to look at Haechan, instead he squeezed his eyes shut, sealing his lips closed and wished his emotions would dissolve, but they just grew stronger. 

  “Mark,” Haechan said. Mark slowly turned his head after trying to control his facial expression. Haechan was holding onto the knob of the door and the doorsill. Ten was sitting with his legs over the edge of the bed, both of their eyes upon him. They looked surprised. Haechan did not reveal any other emotions that Mark could read. He glanced at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter