011

GIFTED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 11.

 

Mark stared into the eyes of Lucas who definitely had woken up as Damned. Something was wrong though. One of his eyes glowed blue while the other didn’t.

Everyone waited for the other two launch himself at them, but he just sat there gasping for air. Mark turned his head to look at Yuta who eyed him. Both of them did not know how to react. Jeno lowered his sword and turned to look at Jaemin for an explanation.

Jaemin met their confused eyes with the same amount of bewilderment. “I have never seen this in my life.” He admitted and then pushed himself up on his feet. He took a step forward. “Clearly it is Mark’s virus that has made his eye turn blue, they match in color.” Lucas’ eyes snapped to look at Jaemin when he noticed the other moving closer. Jaemin stopped nearing the other. “His other eye lacks any glow at all. He has not fully turned just yet.”

  “But will he?” Jeno asked.

  “Maybe? Possibly? We will just have to wait and see.”

Lucas was sweating, his hair sticking to his face. “What is going on?” He asked in a hoarse voice. Mark pressed his lips into a thin line. “You’re half Damned, Lucas.” He explained. “And you’re a prisoner of the United Clans in the North under Commander Jaehyun.”

Lucas’ hand gripped at the bandages covering his wound. “A was dying.”

  “Maybe you still are,” Jaemin stated in a small voice. Lucas gave him a look, his brows furrowed in pain. He did not look strong like a Damned did when it woke up. Something was wrong.

 


Mark felt his heart drop when Lucas was coerced to lie down by Jaemin, the other immediately falling back asleep as if just awakening for a few seconds had drained him. He knew they would have to call for a meeting. Now everyone who had been unconscious was awake and it was time to stop planning and get something done.

But were they all ready? Nothing really went after the plan.

 

Mark glanced at Yuta. The other Damned sighed. “It would have been better if he just attacked us.” He muttered. “Now I pity him.”

  “Yeah,” Mark agreed. He too pitied the other.

 

 

 

 

 

They were all gathered, sitting around the table that was placed in front of the throne. Jaehyun had joined them by the table, most were standing up instead of sitting down.


  “At least he is alive so that we can ask him the questions we need answered.” Johnny’s said.

  “Guys…”

Ten was sitting beside Taeyong who merely observed all of them. Taeyong’s eyes moved to Doyoung who was sitting right beside Ten, the other looked exhausted.

  “He won’t last long, so we can’t bring him with us, that is too dangerous. He is too weak.” Said Haechan.

Jaehyun nodded. “The South will believe we killed him and won’t react kindly to us.”

  “Guys.” Doyoung rubbed his forehead. Still, the discussing voices did not hear him.

  “The blood transfer worked a bit, but we can’t waste more blood on him.”

  “Guys!” Doyoung opened his eyes and gave them all an incredulous look “Remember we’re talking about a human being. Let’s be civil and talk to him. If he is truly dying, then tactics.” Mark watched Doyoung’s yellow eyes glow faintly in the dim lighting. “Send Mark in there, he is the only one who has some connection with Lucas. Maybe Lucas will trust us.”

Jaehyun sighed. “We do not need to earn his trust, Doyoung.” He said with a voice of finality. “He answers to us or we let him die. We’ve done enough for him. It is time we get to work and do what must be done.”

Mark leaned back in his seat. Taeyong was eyeing Jaehyun, Mark couldn’t read his expression. Most of the others looked slightly disappointed or frustrated.

  “He is a criminal.” Johnny then added. “We should stop trying to make friends with enemies.”

Mark frowned and clearly some of the others were surprised by this statement. “Since when did that become part of what we do?” Ten asked. “Who is our enemy, Johnny?”

Mark wondered if their talk even had worked. Maybe Taeyong had been a fool and opened the door and interrupted them. Surely, because Johnny had not given Taeyong any kind looks.

  “Those who try to kill us, Ten.” He said clearly as if he was explaining something to a child. Ten huffed.

  “That has always been a little unclear.” Mark found himself saying. “We’ve almost all tried or threatened to kill each other.” He said with a small smile, but he had to say it, because he did not like the way Johnny had become so ‘just’. The lines were blurry. None of them were entirely innocent.

  “Leave that to me.” Jaehyun’s voice came in and it stopped anyone from adding th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter