Record 5

R E C O R D S
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

r e c o r d s; c h a p 5

The days were beautiful just like it is, bad or good it was because it is made that way.  

 

 

Pages 44 to 54

 

Probably the best time to drive around the seemingly endless road is to have someone in the shotgun seat, smiling and enjoying your company despite how boring you are as a person. It was something so beautiful and comforting that I had a smile on my face until we reached the first rest stop.  

I unbuckle my seatbelt and nudged Tiffany who is now asleep. The ghost of her smile is drawn in the beautiful canvass of her face. I may have to debate with myself to let her rest but I reckon that she needs a fill on her endless stomach.  

I got Jessica’s approval on the first two chapters that I laid out and she even provided me a loft that I could stay for the rest of my three days stay there, with Tiffany, of course. She was an amazing little skipper, no rest days and I found my homebody self enjoying every perk of life. I lifted my eyes in wonder every 3 AM because she would barge into my room with a lamp, asking me to drive her around. We would stop at the beach, where everything is hushed and the waves would welcome us without judgment.

I would watch her go around the town with a list on her hands and the ringing of the bells of every door that she opens would hunt me at night but it somehow grew on me as if it is an unfinished lullaby. I was so fond of her, she was fond of me. I guess that it isn’t a one-sided thing. I really hope it isn’t. 


“Fany, wake up.”


She stirred, wish I wasn’t that exhausted from driving so that I could stare at her more, but I am a human and I have limits too. Whether it is the heart that dictates the brain and telling me that it is enough, that I am okay because I was so happy. I found out that it is somehow true because I was fully energized when she fluttered her eyes and looked at me with a daze.  

It is not a foreign feeling heck it was not new either, as far as I know, I am blessed to live in a moment and I will let the tides take me wherever I am supposed to be. Right now, it was where the sand and the waters would meet, right at the center of it all, I had Tiffany here. It is enough.


“Are we home yet?” Little did she know that her imperfect voice would a turn off but for me it is cute. It is now cracking with all kinds of lows and high because she had shouted way too much after watching that horror movie she opted over the classic romance one.  


I love horror movies, I hate them too, sometimes. Love and war but with Tiffany, it is an enjoyment.  

“No. Do we need to at least eat? Let’s go.”


A steaming hotdog wrapped in bacon with cheese and ketchup on top. Tiffany with her soda, her munchkin cheeks, and her blabbers. We are sitting on a table with an enormous umbrella on top of us. The vast nothingness in front of us is delved with unreachable scenery of the mountains and the trees.  

I looked at her and this face would describe serenity nonverbally. Contentment and bliss by just eating a hotdog and a soda and looking at particularly, nothing. Life is incredible when you spend it with the right people indeed.


“Do you think in the future we would be here eating hotdogs and such with love hovering just right above us?” Tiffany says without looking at me. I guess she was getting more poetic as each time passes by. I won’t say that it is because of me but I will say it nonetheless because I love to brag like that.


“Why do you say ‘us’? Do you want to be here with me then?” I grinned but deep inside my heart is turning into a few summersaults. The question itself is me asking what really is inside her fascinating brain if I have a shelf inside where I could put in memories that involve me.


“If the world permits, I would like to be here with my favorite author.” Tiffany finishes her hotdog. I chuckled. So pretty.


“Am I your favorite then? I haven’t debuted yet.”


Tiffany leans on to my shoulder as our fingers once again find its way to fill the spaces. It is just a normal thing for us to do this because after all the mutual feelings and the tension is so intense we don’t need any words to describe what we are, or who we are because it was never supposed to be described by words that won’t see the deeper side of things.

“Then it makes the first work more memorable isn’t it?”  


“What are those chapters Taeyeon~ah?”


I heaved a sigh, “Well...it is reality.”

She doesn’t seem to understand it at first but that is exactly the only thing I could ever fathom to say. Dumb or not, that is the only thought in there. I am writing, reality.  


“Then I would like to make a suggestion.” She lifted our hands and swung it up and down like an overly excited kid.


“What is it? I’ll take it.”


“I want her to write the most beautiful story with me as the main character of course.” She paused as she looked at me straight in the eyes.


The pools of her brown orbs were so expressive I found myself hanging on for my dear life because I am not worth saving, especially if it is Tiffany. This one-sided thing was always an innate occurrence in my life where it made me believe that I was not worthy to be loved by anyone. Was it because of my preference? My profession? Or my capacity to love so much?


“I want to read a story where I can be the most beautiful because it is written by the person who sees me as one.”


I will remember this day as the most beautiful too. Where the hue of the sky is on a dark range of orange, pink and white. We were too beautiful as I kissed her for the first time. Where her lips were soft and gentle just as how much I imagined it would be. I am worthy after all.


--------


The days were beautiful just like it is, bad or good it was because it is made that way.  

I woke up with the smell of coffee entering my nose, I searched for my blanket to continue my dream but the day for me has started. I looked outside and it is a sunny day, a perfect day for drives and doing extreme things with Tiffany again. Who knows what she has under her sleeves for today.


We were never the and stay kind of couple, I am an author who fancies long drives and recording everything in my digital voice recorder that is stapled at the confinements of my jacket pocket. It is where I usually voice out my ideas that I have for me to pour it out after a long day. Tiffany gave it to me on a fine Sunday after I slipped on a banana peel. I am bedridden for a week because I injured a bone right on the upper side of my . Medical and all that jargons frustrate me so I lay low in describing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter