Record 6

R E C O R D S
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

r e c o r d s; c h a p 6

I will try to loop this recording so that she could hear it until the day I would say my last I love you.

 


Pages 54 to Tiffany


The clatter of the goblets being thrown out of the way was excruciatingly annoying to the higher level. I gathered Tiffany back into my arms because no way in hell would a slit this high would save her from the prying eyes of nasty ers like these drunk men. The daily gala of the town was set in the month of September and the mayor of this town is unlikely going to be the top list host so here we are.


There was a brawl between one local and a visitor from the other side of the hemisphere who happens to be Nichkhun’s friend. Perhaps Tiffany would be slightly disappointed by that but I have to make her change into something appropriate.

“Why don’t you try to make yourself more comfortable first? I’ll check with your father. And I’ll tell you al the tidbits of the story, every period and commas.”


She only looked at me like I am mentally retarded, “Taeyeon, I can handle myself.”


I went after her, bumping with several people, my limbs aren’t that long so I stretched it into maximum just to hold her arms in my grip. “There’s a brawl.”


“Yes, I know. I just want to check, come with me then?”


---------


“People like that nowadays aren’t really that accustomed into pleasantries of galas and formal parties.” Jessica mellowed back to her seat when the insane crowd had returned home.  

No serious injuries, thankfully, but speculations were going around the town square, that people are dangerously at edge tonight in particular because of the booze and all kinds of party drugs around the corner.

“The security is probably involved in the distribution of it as well, how else do you think those bastards came in?” Sooyoung suited herself for another batch of champagne.

“Not my problem, I just want a peaceful town to go home to. The city and Kwon Yuri is enough stress for me, I don’t want anything related to tonight, not now, not ever!” Clearly Jessica is drunk. Yuri wanted to fight back but her wife just needs enough sleep so I pushed her to just get on with it.


“Bring her to sleep and come back boss.” I laughed along with Yoona.


“Fine. But Taeyeon, I need to talk to you about something when I come back.” Yuri’s eyes were traveling from mine to Tiffany. I mirrored her confusion so I just nodded in response.


“What is that about?” I asked Sooyoung and Yoona, maybe they had an idea.


“We don’t know. Maybe a big fat paycheck. Your debut work was a bomb.” Sunny smiled at me, offering me a toast. 


It indeed boosted me up to the spotlight and several people are interested in my work that offers me bigger offers than what Blanc had put in my contract. I denied, stopping any kind of negotiations for one. I merely wanted to just write my feelings in a piece of parchment and being known out there is a privileged bonus.


Jessica and Yuri were great bosses even if Jessica is sometimes taking Tiffany away from me to drag her on a spontaneous shopping spree, I don’t really mind. There is family there, they respected my work above all. That is what every writer would want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter