Record 2

R E C O R D S
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

R e c o r d s; chap 2

But Tiffany looking like this is a whole different story.  Another chapter I am interested in

 


Pages 8-20

 

 

So the name of the shop is Gemini.  

The ringing of the bells echoed behind me and I suddenly remembered that it is Sunday.  I should’ve gone to church to have some insights on the people’s daily lives or better yet hear something inspirational to start my day.

Perhaps the small smile on the lady’s face made me smile too, something like a conclusion, that my daily devotion of some writing inspirations found solace on that unfamiliar feeling of a stranger’s share of pearly white teeth.  Wearing a floral dress and a simple braid, tucked on the other side loosely.  It’s calming and it wouldn’t hurt to ask right?


“Hi.  This is a bookshop right?”

She giggled.  “Yes.  I’m sorry the signage is opted to change in a few days.  Carpenter’s out of town so..”


“That’s fine. Stationeries? Or notebooks perhaps?” I smiled back feeling energized to finally start the chapter of my book.  


“Follow me.”

 

"Here we are." the lady gestured me to a stack of pink notebooks.  I bat her a few looks before she coughed.

 

"You don't like pink ones?" she pouted.  Adorable. Cute.

 

"Purple?"

 

"Fine."

 

--------------------------


Another Sunday passed, a small feature of my day happened to be the view of the rain saying hi on my window.  I wasn’t able to come out and enjoy the steak of the local meat shop or try to bask on the sweet and serenading ambiance of the lake.   And as I do so sip on my morning coffee, I guess this is the time of my unofficial day off.

I would want to write more on the first chapter but my body says no.  In such times like this, I prefer the quiet.  The time to think about myself.

“Hello?”


It is Sooyoung again.


“A week there huh? How is it? You need another week?” 

 

I smiled and the silence is enough for the tall writer to chuckle on the other line, “Jessica wanted me to tell you that if you consider making that town your piece of the masterpiece, then by doing so do it.  She said something is magical there, Yuri and she met there. A piece of information in case you need some fluff.”

Fluff? Ha, need of it right now, the sheets on my sock infested feet is rather not enough for the weather. Although the idea is indeed inviting.  I love it here.  What is better than having to do what you love in a place that inspires you?


“I think I will take it.  I already got some drafts for the first chapter.”


“Oh, you did? That’s fast. Very well, I think Yoona and I are going to visit you there. Probably next Sunday..oh, you haven’t met Yuri right?”


As a matter of fact. No, I haven’t yet.


“Not yet.”

“Fantastic, you’ll meet her next Sunday then. Her family lives there, and next Sunday is the best way to be in that town. You’ll know why.”

 

------------------------------------------

 

It’s another yet fulfilling week.  Course I get to travel to the town today, I guess.  I’ve been mauled by my desire to finish the first chapter that’s why I disregarded the thought of exploring more.


 Much to my delight, this Saturday is bright and airy.  Birds chirped when I opened the window, they must’ve been excited for me too.  The lonesome trees are swaying on the light breeze and the little ray of sunshine is slowly creeping in.  Sooyoung will come tomorrow.  And maybe it is also a good deed to cook something right?

 

For instance, an aspiring cook like myself is nowhere near a Michelin but I am enough for everyone’s belly.  I guess a trip to the grocery store is great.  Ah, yes. Tomorrow is said to be the town’s founding day.  Small towns like this are absolutely fond of these events. Primarily it is the time to lay low on work, enjoy themselves over barbecue and dancing on a parade.

 

This feels like a book. 

 

After I shower, I started to make my way out the foyer.  Said a small greeting at my car. “Ready?

 

-----------------------------------------------


I packed the groceries at the back of my car with a smile.  Finally itching to go to the lake.

As I was passing through the intersection, I noticed that Gemini’s signage is already on its full glory.  Simple yet elegant at there is already a sentence at the bottom that reads, Bookstore for all.

 

At least I would know that it is indeed a store right?  Would Miss Floral be there today?

 

“Welcome to---oh, it’s you again.” her gleaming smile raked emotions all over my face.  I may look like a blowfish because I’m trying to conceal it so much. 

 

Florals again.  This time, the dash of baby pink details made me remember the last time she looked at me annoyed because I liked purple more.  But now, her demeanor changed. I guess every passing day for her is an added bonus, no time to hold grudges and all that kind of negativity.  I like that.  Good attitude.  But then again, it is clearly a made-up assumption, Miss Floral is intriguing though.  She's a whole chapter of a freaking short story.


“Hello….oh Tiffany?” I squinted my eyes on her name tag.  It has a small heart at the end of the name.  Very beautiful and artistic.  Unique kind of addition.

 

“I have a nametag now, and the signage is fixed.  We are all up and running.” She declared too proudly.


“I noticed it too.  Business is alright today?” I say, fiddling with the book on my side just to appear casual. 

 

 I don’t want her to feel uncomfortable or anything, and I didn’t want any kind of negative connotations of me being a ert.  Coz I know I had stared at the right\ side of her chest for a good old 3 seconds there.  Just to prove my point and defend my point as well, the font is too small for my eyes.


“It’s the usual. People tend to visit the shop in case they need it.”

 

“Any help I could offer you today?” Tiffany briefly met my eyes, her hands are clasped together.  Waiting for me to answer. I blinked, “Oh. Nothing…I just…I just came inside to see if you still work here…” 

 

Well, very brave of my words to jumble over a sentence like that.  It is hell bold and creepy.  I may have to massage my head for counseling later.

 

Tiffany just nodded, slowly and of course she did not buy anything of my crap.  Obviously, my words sounded like I am hitting on her.


“I didn’t mean it like that. I am a writer.  I just live on the bungalow the Kwons own at the end of the road just by the lake….you know? Yuri and Jessica Kwon?  This town is small so I really understand if I look foreign or I am unfamiliar so yeah..” I scratched my head, looking at Tiffany who is smiling like a ray of freaking sunshine.

 

 Are you amused at my ramblings though? Coz I'm not.

 

I look stupid. Can the ground swallow me?  But I need to save myself first so before opens for something like a shrill scream for help, I jumped into my defense, once again halting her advancement,

 

“And I am big on knowing the names of the very first person I get to meet on a new place…so I had to k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter