Record 1

R E C O R D S
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

R e c o r d s ; c h a p  1          

I turned around. Nicholas Sparks, you did it again.

 


Page 308 of 309

 

“Found you.” 

I immediately folded it after I gazed into it.

She was smiling in the faded picture.  There were specs of dust everywhere, and looming loneliness crept into my consciousness, coldness instantly voided my heart into memories that I wondered if I had remembered correctly.  I may have tucked the other half of this picture at the backside of the old picture frame.  But who knows? I usually forget, the worst part, I never tried to remember.

It is most especially important for me to get going.  Bags on the car, gasoline ready, sun visors up, and that small digital recorder I had safely pinned on my car dashboard.  Something to keep me going.  

The sun is high up in the sky, the lake mirrors a devastating contrast of orange hue, contrary to the calmness of the waters, the color is blazing and I wanted to cry.  I always hated the color orange.  Seemingly rude to those who loved it but personal opinion matters right?

I won’t press play.  Not until I get to you so that we could hear it together. 

 

---------------------------------------

 

Pages 1 to 7

 

I blushed. My lips trembling slightly at the burning sensation of her little touch.  Supposed to be Miss Jung is a bit of a flirt, supposed to be I am a subject to be a victim of massive flirtation antics, am I supposed to be honored? Nah.  This is just a phase I get to dodge in a breeze, I am used to this.

Mornings with caffeine never did me good, at least to my conjured reactions.  Like now as I passed Miss Jung with a grin and a brand new laptop in my disposal, I may have given her an impression of a sleazy prodigy.  Her company is generous enough to offer me the necessary things to start my talented works, just because they noticed my potential.  After college, I was shamelessly dumped here by my clean slate resume.  

Not even an inkling did I feel proud entering the lobby of the biggest publishing house in the country without even a worthy experience in a small comic publishing house, or maybe those pocketbooks publishing houses that sell “How I Dated your Mom in Kindergarten” 
Nope. 

They believed in me. 


“I’m Sunny by the way.  You?”  Says the smallest girl I had ever seen in my entire life.  Lips so defined, it’s almost unnatural.  She was wearing a brown blazer that hugs her slim figure that reveals the utmost blessing of a voluptuous body of a woman.

I settled my things on my tidy space before I dusted my hands by the sides of my pants, and extending it to her with a smile, 

“Taeyeon.  Nice to meet you.”


She instantly raised her hands to accept my introduction, her eyes turning into crescents.  


“I see that Jessica offered you a bonus on your first day, nonetheless, you should get the hint.” She settled back on her desk.  Fiddling something on her keyboard.


“Hint? Why don’t you call her Miss? I’m not judging!”


“Jessica is the same age as us.  She’s a friend, oh take note, She usually gives those freebies to the writers that she…well, let’s just say she trusts.”


My pride settled on top of my lungs, grinning once again.


“Trust me? Really? Did she gave you one too?” I acted naturally not to sound ecstatic in front of Sunny.  I don’t want to appear smug.


“Nope.” Sunny shakes her head.  


“Oh.”


“No worries, Yuri gave mine.” She smiled, maybe noticing the tone of pity in my initial reaction.


“Yuri?”


“Yes, Jessica’s wife.”

 

Oh yes Taeyeon, it’s just a phase. 

---------------------------------------


The day ended as usual.  Night settled and I was safely hidden under the confinements of my purple comforters ready for bed.  I am tired enough as it is trying to find my way inside the big company and introducing myself to a few dozens of employees.  Not that sort, just the introduction of smiles and all.


One thing in particular that I noticed though, they were up and about.  Running around the vicinity like backpackers. I didn’t notice the lack of sheer breathing mortal in the plain of our floor until I asked Sunny for the direction of the bathroom.


Almost half of the office grounds is barren, there should be some kind of soul in those cubicles or tables at least.  If this company is as big as they described it.  That’s when I asked Sunny about it due to my almost rattling curiosity.   I may have entered myself in a ghost publishing house, the last thing I wanted is to be acquainted with souls of the past that are taking the form of beautiful women…who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter