Record 3

R E C O R D S
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

R e c o r d s; c h a p 3

then in those brief seconds of her fingertips touching the back base of my hands--

 

Pages 20-32


 Tiffany is either an eater or a glutton. I was watching her devour the whole pie for several minutes. And the moment we went inside the modern restaurant called Seos, immediately the waiter seemed to know them. 


Not that I became the dumbest over the span of time I was tucked at the center of two bickering siblings on the worst car ride of awkwardness. Like ever. Of course, I know.


Mayor’s children are apparently the version of F4 in this small town right?


The bush, as they call it is right at the ends of the restaurant catering only to those who have reservations, the privacy you mean. We are served by the owner herself, a young woman probably associated with Venus due to her voluptuousness.


I’m no ert, I’m an observer. 


“Hi, I’m Seo.” She smiled down to as she hands Tiffany a Pink menu. Wow pink.


“Be back with you in a moment. Nic would substitute for now. Have a lovely lunch Tiff. And Miss…?”


“Taeyeon. Her name is Taeyeon. And she’s a writer. Plus she loves purple.” Tiffany beamed. If she wanted to talk that much, I wouldn’t mind as long as it isn’t my personal information she’s babbling about.


I’m so close in clamping my palms towards her red lips only to descend not to because it will end her face into one smudged Tiffany pie.


“Well enjoy your lunch Taeyeon.”


She left. Well, time for the throat Magic, “uh.”


“Yes?”


“You don’t have to say that…”

“Seo remembers. She caters well. So you will not be surprised if you’re given a VIP pass next time you come here. And a purple menu….and probably a desk to write your chuchu as well.” She blabbered again. With hand gestures and all.


“Besides Leo isn’t here. So it’s between mine and yours and Seo which values confidentiality…” she winked.


A possessive trait. I reckon. And I observed. 


Leo only grabbed a salad take out and a mango pie then proceeded out the door, saying he is needed to put up the tents still. And I’m left with Tiffany. Tiffany and her very large stomach.


Intently I held onto the menu first with both my clutches until it drifted back to my lap. It’s frustrating. So many items I wanted to taste. And I ended up asking Tiffany for recommendations. Sure thing she ordered the best. But not for me though sadly.


“You don’t like apple pies?” She asked me, chomping on the crust of the pie.


“I like blueberry pie.” I nibbled on my fork. Trying to marinate my saliva for the impending burst of apples. Tiffany smiled at me and then with a snap of her fingers the waiter is beside us. 


She held my plate and handed it to the waiter, my eyes, so confused.  “Blueberry pie please, I didn’t know my friend has allergies.”


“I don’t have allergies,” I say. 


“I know. Needed something plausible to pass as a reason.” Tiffany shrugged, eating again after a while.


“I mean I may have a hunch you like blueberry pies more because it is purple.” Pointing her fork at me, her eyes squinted. More of her smirk is unsettling. I gulped. 


“I don’t.”


“Liar.”


Then she returned her sight to me. “Taeyeon, you can say no. I won’t be offended.”

“I just don’t want to contradict something else’s interest. One reason I can supplement that attitude is that I hate disappointments.” I smiled.

“Disappointments? I won’t be disappointed knowing that you don’t like apple pies.” She shook her head then continue to her spoon. She isn’t seducing me right?

“But you are when I subtly rejected pink.”

“Touché.”


I won. 


“But don’t mind telling me if you don’t want or don’t like something I offer you or give you. We’re friends now. Make an exception.” She winked at me. And my eyes turned to apples.


———

“What a useless piece of prick,” Tiffany mumbled whilst typing furiously on her phone. 

I craned my eyesight away from her because I’m urged to peak on the screen. Subtle interest and utmost curiosity brimmed to my current to-do list that I have to swerve that insanity away.


Now that I’m disturbed by the lack of Jeep in the parking lot. Which is maybe the cause why Miss Floral is cursing now. Putrid and unladylike and ear stingingly offensive. Okay, I’m gonna talk now. 


“Tiffany. You don’t have to say ‘that’ word.” 


She snaps her head to my direction, “You mean that Leo is one out of hole? No Taeyeon he is. See? No car? MY CAR!”


“We could ride a taxi or...a bus or any kind of transportation.”


“This is a small town. Taxis are inexistent. So as busses in particular. Dad mandated for everyone to have a car so that it wouldn’t be a hassle. I’m sorry, you see, when I’m frustrated my mouth….it speaks ill.”

Oh.


“That’s fine.”


“Stay there. Don’t do anything. Don’t walk. Stay with me.”  She pointed at me while she answers an incoming call. I do look like a kid but I’m no kid, and What am I going to say? Say no?

“Jessi’s going to pick us up.”


“Jessica’s here?!”


“Just now. She came to visit her lovely friend..i.e Me.” She points to herself.


“Wow. .” I cursed. I haven’t gone through the first sentence of Chapter 2 and 3 yet. I’m doomed.


“Taeyeon..” Tiffany smiles. That’s when I conquered my sudden moving coma. 


“Don’t use ‘THAT’ word.” 

Well played game of back-to-you-Taeyeon. Great.

—————

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter