Record 4

R E C O R D S
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

R e c o r d s; c h a p 4

I would like it if you could be by my side..so how is it? Partners? Let’s start searching tomorrow?

 

Pages 33-43


I set my alarm to 3:30 AM to be responsible. At least if that’s what you call a super excited author with a small height of 5 foot 2. Tiffany texted me last night that it would be awesome for me to be ready at around 6 in the morning. No problems Miss Hwang, I am ready 2 and a half hours earlier.


I held the teapot with a cloth and poured myself a hot mocha to start off my morning, the sun isn’t up yet so I idled by my porch and watch the moon turn gray and then it goes. I don’t know what kind of activity she plans for today but I’d rather be prepared than not. So, I shelf a few of my toiletries and some underwear underneath the folded blankets I packed for today. 


Bringing a thermos of coffee too. It will not hurt me to pack some tea bags in case Tiffany prefers it more than my favorite coffee beans and, I think it is enough for a day outing but nevertheless, Tiffany had said that it’s going to be a bumpy ride so I am up for bumpy. I settled on hiking boots and brought some sturdy hiking sandals too. In case.


So I waited. Until the clock struck 5:30, I heard an engine. Enormous and mighty sounding, I bolted out to get my stuff inside as I saw Tiffany’s monstrous jeep. 

“You ready? Good Morning!” She smiled. Her pink baseball cap is colored in neon that I wanted to throw up at the vulgarity. She’s dressed casually too. 

“Yes.” I grinned.


—————

Five minutes into the ride and my back stiffened even more because I’m trying not to move because I can. Like so, Tiffany has so emerged with her morning radio and her pink latte take out to even ask me a question aside from a vague narrowing of eyes and a nod before I enter her car.


“You seem quiet today.” Her voice rang in my ears and I answered with a stupid, “Huh?”

She laughs, turning the volume off the stereo gradually, before taking her eyes off the road then to me, in a short span of time though. “I really admire how you became so equipped. You are ready, I assume you know where am I taking you?”


“No. I am just a very meticulous person. I get ready to be ready.” 


“Do you love wild animals?” She suddenly asked me out of the blue.


What in the world are hunting rabbits today?


“Ugh..”


“It depends on how wild it is...noted. Copy,” her smile is radiating throughout her small reading of my mind. 

And when she nods her head back and forth to the music which is surprisingly back on the high volume territory, I saw her on a different light. Someone carefree and so spontaneous. 


She’s like the ocean during the storm. And it is my choice if I choose to drown or keep up with her. It’s a whole kind of adventure. I love it.


————-


We arrived on our destination and I’m surprised that I slept during the entire car ride. Mentally smacking myself I groaned. Trying to say my apologies to Tiffany but she just waved it off. 


“I woke up at 3:30 AM you see. So I’m sorry,” I scratched my head as I took my bag from the backseat. 


“I woke up at 3:30 too. We’re even. I get ready to be ready.” She winks.


 But I stood there like a pole realizing that she indeed woke up at the same time frame as mine but she managed to drive her way without getting both of our lives in danger. I sulked. Trying to make my steps faster to be at the same level as her waddling.


I believe she is a regular here but I’m wondering also why do her eyes look so animated and surprised at the moment. Would she be on her familiar stage wherein she will have the audacity to brag this place to me?

This appears like a haven for the wildlife enthusiast. With wooden huts and some life jackets hanging on either side of the door and some boats and rundown engines from a boat on the side. I also took notes of the paddles, and those big ropes hanging on the hilts. This place is...oh my god. 

I stopped on my footing. 


How am I supposed to gain inspiration from this? 

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany calls out.


“Ugh..” I say. this word choices aren’t coming to my brain right now. I can’t say a damn thing.

“Come, the Gators are waiting.”

“Wait what the ?” I whispered so loud but no one heard except for Tiffany.


She winks again, “Yes, What the ,”

 and I wanted to steal her keys and ran for my life because yeah again, I ing can. And ing will. Good lord of heaven forgive my cursing.


“Come on. We have professionals and all. Trust me.”

“Wait, you are always here? You’ve done this before?” I rambled as Tiffany drags me towards a pickup truck with a trailer at the back hooked to it, housing our boat. I believe the swamp is further down the thick forest. Wow, what a scene.


“Nope. I wanted to bring Jessica or Leo but they’re too busy to curse at me rather than to make a decision.” She shrugged. 

Spontaneous girl hurled her backpack towards the compartment of the pickup truck. And then when I thought that she would be like those parkour people that could jump on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter