Blush

Summer's Serenade

Yue Ting leaned on her arms as she had that dreamy look on her face. "Boss Ian is such a cutie pie..." she said dreamily. Mei Qi could only sigh as she shook her head. "I'm done with you, Yue Ting." she resigned. Sunnee could only laugh at the two. 

 

The three of them were back in their room, and was sharing the food they bought at the market. They were celebrating their new job. "We should probably get ready for the training tomorrow." Mei Qi told the two. Sunnee nodded her head. "I wonder how the training will go..." she said. 

 

Yue Ting sighed, and let out a pout. "I wish it's Boss Ian that will train me..." she said. Mei Qi rolled her eyes at her friend. "Yue Ting, didn't you hear, it's Wayne that will train us tomorrow. So, dream on." she said.  Yue Ting let out a pout. Sunnee smiled at her. "But don't worry, maybe Boss Ian will observe in our training. For sure, you will see more of him tomorrow." she said. 

 

Mei Qi sweat dropped at Sunnee. "Please don't get her hopes high..." she said. They looked at Yue Ting, and saw her have that dreamy look on her face again. Mei Qi and Sunnee just laughed at her. 

 

 

--

 

Wayne arrived first at the bake shop, and  has just opened it. "Good morning!"he heard someone say. He looked back, and saw Sunnee, Mei Qi and Yue Ting. Wayne smiled at the three girls. "Good morning. You three are so early, huh?" he said. "I can't wait to see Boss Ian!" Yue Ting said. Wayne just sweat dropped at her. 

 

"Wait for me. Let me open the shop, then we can have breakfast first. All right?" he said. The  three girls just nodded their heads. After Wayne had opened the shop, they all went in, and led the girls to the pantry beside their kitchen. He made then wait there for a while, and after a few minutes, he bought out some bread for them to eat. 

 

"Wow, this looks delicious, Wayne!" Yue Ting said, wonderstruck with the bread he made. "Thank you..." Wanyne said shyly. He sat next to Sunnee after that. The two of them looked at each other. She doesn't know why, but when Wayne smiled at her, she suddenly felt shy. 

 

"Let's dig in!" Wayne said. All of them took a piece of break. But when Sunnee and Wayne both reached for a piece of bread, their hands touched. Sunnee felt a tinge of electricity the moment Wayne touched her, that same spark during the time they first met. 

 

The looked at each other again, and with Wayne's eyes on hers, she felt her cheek burning. She could only lower her head to hide her blushing cheeks. She stole a glance at him, and seeing his heart warming smile once again made her heart flutter. 

 

"You can have that bread. I'll take this one." Wayne said, reaching for the other bread on the basket. She shyly smiled as she nodded her head. "T-thanks..." she said as she reached for the other bread. As they were eating, Ian had finally arrived. 

 

"Good morning!" he greeted his staff. "Good morning, boss!" the girls said in unison. Ian sat beside Yue Ting, and Yue Ting can only smile happily at what he did. "Breakfast!" Ian exclaimed as he took the last piece of bread on the basket. Yue Ting looked at him dreamily as she watched him eat. "He's so cute..." she muttered under her breath. Mei Qi heard that, and nudged her. "Behave!" she whispered to Yue Ting. 

 

"Anyway, since we're all here. I'd like to discuss the training plan." Ian said. Everyone began to listen to him. "Mei Qi and Yue Ting. I decided you will be handling the cash register and the front line, so I will train you on that." Ian said. This time, Yue Ting's smile widened. "Really?!" she asked in disbelief. Ian nodded his head. She hugged Ian's arm, and leaned on his shoulder. "Thank you, boss!" she said. 

 

An angry tick formed on Mei Qi's forehead as she felt embarrassed on what Yue Ting is doing. "Stop it, Yue Ting!" she reprimanded her while she pulled her away from Ian. Yue Ting pouted at her, while Ian just smiled. 

 

"Sunnee..." Ian said as he turned to the short-haired girl. Sunnee looked at him. "I'll assign you to kitchen duties for now. Wayne will be the one that will train you on how to make the breads, pastries and cakes." Ian told her. Sunnee felt her cheeks became warm again. As she glanced at Wayne, she saw him smiling at her. And she also noticed the pink tint on his cheeks. 

 

"Then, please take care of me, Wayne." Sunnee said. "I'm pretty sure you'll be able to learn it right away." Wayne said with confidence. Sunnee smiled at him. "Thank you." she said. 

 

"So, should we all get going? It's going to be a long day, and the customers may be coming in anytime." Ian said. "Yes boss!" All of them said. 

 

--

 

Wayne and Sunnee were preparing the things and the ingredients they are going to make. "I'm going to teach you how to make the choco chip cookies first. Those are the best seller in this shop." Wayne said. Sunnee nodded her head. "You seem to know a lot about this shop. Are you good friends with the boss?" Sunnee asked him. 

 

Wayne nodded his head. "We are good friends. Also, I worked at one of the outlets of his shop before. So, I know what the best sellers are. I got promoted as head baker, and got assigned here, so the day you saw me here, it was actually my first day as the head baker." Wayne explained. 

 

Sunnee nodded her head in understanding. Wayne explained to her how to make the cookies, and then the two of them proceeded to make them. Once the cookies were in the tray, they put them all in the oven. "There. We'll just wait for these babies to be baked." Wayne said. 

 

Sunnee smiled at him. She could see how passionate Wayne is with his work. No wonder, he became the head baker of the shop. She was looking at her long enough that she was almost studying the feature of his face. As Wayne looked at her, Sunnee immediately looked away. 

 

"How's your wound?" Wayne asked her. Before Sunnee could react, Wayne took her arm, and looked at it. "Seems like it's getting better. Does it still hurt?" he asked. Sunnee shook her head. Then, he smiled again, and his smile is more than enough to make her heart beat so fast. "Be still, my heart..." she thought. 

 

"I'm glad it doesn't hurt anymore. For a while, I had been worried about you." he said. "Y-y-you were worried about me?" she asked. Wayne nodded his head. She could feel the redness on her cheeks that she had no choice but to hid her face with her hands, and turn her back on him. 

 

"Kewalin, stop!" she scolded herself mentally. "Sunnee, are you all right?" Wayne asked. "D-don't mind me!" she stuttered again. She took a deep breath to compose herself, and then faced him. "I am. Sorry..." she said. Wayne smiled as he patted her head. "Why are you sorry? If you're not feeling well, you have to tell me so I can let you rest, all right?" he said. 

 

Sunnee gazed at his face. In his eyes, he could see relief. His smile was a reassuring one. He looked like he cared for her the most. Her heart felt like it's pounding so loud, and she was scare for him to hear it. She felt her cheeks blush again, and she was too embarrassed for him to see it. 

 

"S-s-s-s-should w-w--we m-m-make t-t-the n-n-n-next p-p-p-pastry?" Sunnee managed to say while stuttering. "Yup. Let's do the cream puffs now, all right?" Wayne said. Sunnee nodded her head, and followed him. 

 

--

 

Wayne and Sunnee present the pastries that he and Ian baked that morning. Ian took the cookie, and tasted it. "Your cookies are the best, Wayne!" Ian said. Wayne let out a smile. "I know I'm the head baker, but actually, Sunnee is the one who baked them all." Wayne said proudly. 

 

Ian, Yue Ting and Mei Qi were surprised. "Really? This is really so good! Like a professional made them!" Yue Ting said while munching on the cream puff. Ian looked at Sunnee and smiled at her. "Good job, Sunnee. I hope you'll make more tasty pastries like these." Ian said. Sunnee smiled shyly at him. "I have Wayne to thank for guiding me." she said. 

 

As she looked at Wayne, she saw him already looking at her. She suddenly felt more shy around him. "Well, since the training is going well, shall I treat everyone for lunch?" Ian said. Wayne let out a laugh. "We all can't say no to that, boss. What shall we get?"  Wayne asked. "The bento box at the Japanese restaurant in the street market. Why don't you and Sunne go and buy us some, all right?" Ian said. 

 

Wayne nodded his head. After Ian gave him the money, Wayne turned to Sunne. "Let's go?" he said. "How far is the street market from here?" Sunnee asked. "It's too far. You might need to take a cab to get there." Mei Qi said. "We'll just take my motorbike." Wayne said. Before Sunnee could say something, Wayne held her hand, and pulled her out of the shop.  

 

Good thing Wayne parked his motorcycle just in front of the shop. He took his extra helmet, and helped put it on Sunnee. "Safety first." he said as he put on the helmet to her. As Wayne made sure the helmet is secured, he couldn't help but stare at Sunnee. Then, he let out a smile. "Has anyone told you that you have beautiful eyes?" he asked. 

 

Sunnee was speechless. She opened to speak, but no words came out. "They're so expressive. If I stare long enough, I feel like I'm going to fall in love with you." he said. Sunnee blushed again, and this time, she can't hide it from him. 

 

"And you're so cute when you blush." Wayne said as he pinched her cheek. "C-c-can we go now?" she asked. "Am I making you feel uncomfortable?" Wayne asked in a worried tone. Sunnee shook her head. "This is all new to me. I never had someone who look at me like that. I think maybe... maye... I'm starting to like you..." she wanted to say. 

 

"Sorry for joking around. It's just that you're so cute. I can't help but dote on you." Wayne told her. Sunnee smiled upon hearing that. "Y-y-you think I'm cute?" she asked. Wayne nodded his head. "You're probably the cutest girl I've met." he assured her. This time, Sunnee's cheeks become redder. "Do you like me?" she wanted to ask him. But she couldn't bring herself to ask that question, thinking she will just be disappointed if he didn't. 

 

Wayne got on his motorcycle, and Sunnee hopped on as well. "Hold on to me, all right?" Wayne told her. As Sunnee was about to hold to his waist, Wayne took her hands, and made her hug him. 

 

"Hold on tight, here we go!" Wayne said. Sunnee just giggled as he started the motorcycle.