Run Away Heiress

Summer's Serenade

Taipei had a special place in Kewalin's heart. This is where her father studied for college. This is her father's most favorite place on earth. Her father brought her here several times before, and she had grown to love it as much as he does. And this is the reason she chose this place to run away to.

 

The first thing Kewalin went to the moment she step foot in Taipei, is the park she and her father always frequent to when they are in the country, Just walking at it's pathway made her both happy and sad as she remembered her father. Happy, because she's back in their happy place. Sad, because he is not here with her, unlike the last time. 

 

Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt someone snatch her bag. As she take a look, she saw a man holding her bag as she ran. "Thief! Give me back my bag!" she shouted. She ran after the man. She ran as fast as she could, but suddenly, she fell down on the ground. She could only look at the thief helplessly. Her first day in her favorite city, and her bag got stolen. 

 

Just then, a motorcycle sped past her, catching up with the thief. She saw the motorcycle stopped in front of the thief. The thief decided to turn back, but the man in the motorcycle stopped him again. The man in the motorcycle got off his motorcycle, and took off his helmet. "You have nowhere to go now. Give back the bag." he told the thief. 

 

The thief looked at him, then threw a punch at him. Luckily, the guy was able to avoid it. He held the thief's arm, and kicked him in the stomach. The thief fell down for a while, and then stood up to attack the guy. The guy threw a punch at him, until the thief fell on the ground helplessly. 

 

The guy took the bag from him, and smirked at the thief. "Scram before I take you to the cops." he told him. The thief looked at him with fear. He stood up, and ran away from the guy. The guy then approached Kewalin, and helped her up. 

 

"Thank you." Kewalin said as she took the bag from him. "Are you all right? Are you hurt somewhere?" he asked. Kewalin shook her head. But as the guy touched her arm, he saw her flinch in pain. "I think you hurt herself." he said worriedly.

 

The guy lead her to a bench, and let her sit for a while. "Wait for me here, all right?" he told her. Kewalin just nodded her head. He went back to his motorcycle, and took something. A few minutes later, he came back with a small first aid kid in hand. 

 

Kewalin wanted to laugh. For a guy, he sure is ready with a first aid kit. "Do you always have a first aid kit with you whenever you go?" she asked. The guy just let out a smile. "I always hurt myself. See?" he said, showing her a band aid in his hand. Kewalin finally laughed.

 

She pulled up her sleeves, and found she had an abrasion on her arm. "I knew you hurt yourself." he said. He took out a qtip and an iodine solution, and slowly applied it on her wound. When he saw Kewalin flinch in pain, he became worried. "Sorry. It would hurt a little, bear it for a while. I'm sorry for hurting you..." he said. 

 

After he applied the medicine, he blew on her wound. With what he did, it only reminded her of her father. He used to do that whenever he treats her wound when she was still a little girl. She let out a faint smile at him as he put a band aid on her wound. 

 

"Thank you. What's your name?" she asked. The guy smiled at him. "I'm Zhi Ge. But, you can call me Wayne." he said. Kewalin smiled at him. "It's nice meeting you, Wayne. Thank you for helping me. I'm Ke- Sunnee." she said. 

 

He let out a heart melting smile at her. "You're welcome, Sunnee. You should be careful around here. Taipei maybe safe, but there are still bad guys around." he told her. Kewalin/Sunnee nodded her head. Then, Wayne stood up from the bench. "I better get going. Hope to bump into you again, Sunnee." Wayne told him. 

 

Sunnee watched Wayne leave. As she stared at her back, she let out a smile. "Papa..." she thought. "I think my stay here in Taipei will be interesting!" 

 

--

 

Lucky for Sunnee, she was able to find a dormitory to stay. "This will be your room." her landlady said. "You will stay here with three more girls." the landlady added. She opened the door, and saw two girls happily chatting. 

 

"Wang Mama, you're here?" the taller girl asked. Her landlady smiled at the girl. "I found you girls a new roommate.  This is Sunnee. She will stay here with you." the landlady said. Sunnee smiled politely at the girls. "Sunnee, they will be your roommates. That's Mei Qi" she said, pointing at the taller guy. Mei Qi smiled at Sunnee and waved her hand. "And that's Yue Ting." Mrs. Wang said, pointing at the girl with a pony tail. Yue Ting also smiled at her. 

 

"It's nice to meet the two of you. Please take care of me." Sunnee said as she bowed. "Mei Qi, help Sunnee to settle down, all right? Sunnee, enjoy your stay here." Mrs. Wang said. After that, Mrs. Wang left Sunnee with the girls. 

 

"The bed over the wall is vacant. You can take it." Mei Qi said. Sunnee nodded her head. "Thank you." she said. She settled in her place quietly. "Are you here to study, or to work?" she heard Yue Ting ask. Sunnee looked at her, and smiled. "I'm here to work." she said. Yue Ting and Mei Qi looked at each other, and smiled. "Really? That's great! You know we were going to apply for work tomorrow at this new bake shop. You should go with us!" Yue Ting said. Mei Qi nodded in agreement. 

 

Sunnee smiled at them. "Can I really go?" she asked. Both Mei Qi and Yue Ting nodded their heads. "Then, I'll go with you. I'll try my luck." she said. "Great! The more the merrier!" Mei Qi said. "I really hope we get the job. I heard the manager is such a cutie!" Yue Ting said dreamily. Mei Qi sighed, and rolled her eyes at her roommate. "My boy-crazy friend..." she said. 

 

Sunnee laughed at them. She was glad that she made friends in Taipei. And luckily for her, she get to find a job with them. Hopefully, things will work out for the three of them. 

 

--

 

Ian looked at the application papers on his hand. Then, he looked at the three girls in front of him. All of them look good. Two of them had the right experience for the job. Except for the short haired girl. "Sunnee Yang?" he called. 

 

Sunnee looked at him with attention. "Yes, sir?" she asked. "You don't have much work experience." Ian said. Sunnee let out a smile. "I know, sir. But I assure you, I'm a hard working person, and I can learn easily. If you give me a chance, I promise to work hard." she said. Ian then let out a sigh. "All right, all  three of you are hired then. Come in tomorrow for training." Ian said. 

 

He watched the three girls smile happily at each other. "We got the job!" Mei Qi said. "I'm so happy!" Yue Ting said. "But as for you, Sunnee, I'll put you under probation for a while since you're not as experienced as Yue Ting and Mei Qi. I'm expecting you to work hard." Ian said. Sunnee looked at him, and smiled. "I promise to work hard, sir." Sunnee said. Ian smiled at the three girls. "Then, I'll see you tomorrow for the training." he said. 

 

"Boss, where should I put-"

 

Sunnee heard a familiar voice say. She looked back, and saw Wayne walking up to him, holding a crate of fruits. Wayne paused, then smiled at Sunnee. "Sunnee?" he called. "Wayne! I didn't know you work here." Sunnee said as she smiled. Wayne smiled at her shyly. "It's my first day of work here..." he said. 

 

Ian smiled as he looked at the two. "You two knew each other?" Ian asked. Sunnee looked at her boss, and nodded her head. "Wayne helped me retrieve my bag when it got stolen." Sunnee explained. Ian smiled meaningfully at Wayne. "Then, you two must be fated to meet each other. Wayne actually is the b-"

"Baker. I'm the baker. Ian is also my boss." Wayne explained. 

 

Sunnee just nodded her head. "Wayne will train the three of you tomorrow. So for now, rest and be ready for your training, all right?" Ian said. Yue Ting looked at Ian, and pouted at her. "You're not going to train us?" she asked. Mei Qi looked at Yue Ting as an angry tick formed on her head. "Yue Ting, stop it." she whispered to her. 

 

"Then, we'll see you tomorrow, boss. Thank you so much for today." Mei Qi said as the three of them bowed. As the three of them leave, Sunnee and Wayne looked at each other, and smiled. Wayne watched as Sunnee leaves the bake shop with them. 

 

"Lucky day, huh?" Ian said as he folded his arms. Wayne looked at him, and smiled. "You can say that, boss." he said. Ian watched as Wayne walked to the kitchen. He could only smile as fate sides on them this time. 

 

--

 

Wei Jin looked at the picture of the girl on his table. He had finished reading the report about her. "She sure is interesting..." he said to himself as he stared at her photo. 

 

He learned that Kewalin had studied in London for college, hoping to be able to work in Sunstar Corporation when she comes back. However, she had to come back before enrolling in the post graduate course because of her father's death. 

 

He also learned how she is much closer to her father than her mother. Her father had taught her most of her skills, especially archery. This is their bonding time together. 

 

He learned that Taipei is her favorite city, because her father studied there before. Whenever he had the chance, her father would bring her to Taipei for a vacation. 

 

"Now, I understand why you ran away to this place." he thought. When he had Kewalin traced by Riley, the only information they got was the one-way ticket she bought at the airport and the withdrawal she maid at the airport in Thailand. After that, she was gone without a trace. 

 

Wei Jin flew in first thing the following morning to find her. "You can still find her, you know." he heard Riley say to him. Wei Jin looked up at him as he gave him a curious look. "How?" he asked. Riley let out a smile. "Someone like her should have a Chinese name, right?" Riley told him. Wei Jin nodded his head. 

 

Riley placed a document on his table. "We can try finding Sunnee Yang Yun Qing instead of looking for Kewalin. Because Sunnee is her English name. And Yang Yun Qing is her Chinese name." Riley explained. He saw Wei Jin's lips form into a smile. "Do you still want me to continue the search or-"

 

"At this point, you should stop here." Wei Jin told him. Riley gave him a confused look. "It's up to me to find her now."