The Creepy Mansion

Hero's Soup
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Creepy Mansion

Jeongin's vision suddenly turned dark for a second, just a while ago he was just waiting impatiently for Chan and the rest of the pack to walk out from the building, hopefully, unharmed and safe.

But now he was being carried like a sack by a big man. "Jeongin!" he could hear Seungmin’s faint shouts. His vision became blurry and his hearing shifted from full volume to complete silence, and vice versa. Jeongin wanted to wiggle his way out of the situation but he couldn't, no matter how many times his brain tells his body to ing move, it doesn't comply.

He tried fighting the urge to sleep, wanting to know where he was being taken to. The man carrying him started talking, Jeongin came up with the hypothesis that he was on the phone. His mouth gaped and closed, but no words came out of them. It felt like he was experiencing sleep paralysis.

Not long until his body slumped onto the grass with a loud thud, it hurt, but it also made him more alert. Jeongin shut his eyes tightly, wanting nothing more than to see clearly. His spinning vision made out not one, but three figures lurking in front of him. One of them approached him, touching his face. 

Before he could make out the face of that person, the guy spoke up. "I told you, we're gonna protect you." a few tears came to soften his seared vision, slowly but surely, he leaned into the touch before passing out.

-

Hyunjin adjusted the boy on his back before trailing behind Woojin who stopped and gazed back at them. "Hyunjin, I can walk. Really." there was a hint of embarrassment behind his voice as his face reddened with each word. He can feel the vibrations from Hyunjin's back when the wolf chuckled. 

"Sweetie~ it's okay. I also want to carry you." if it was possible, his face would grow redder by the wolf's sudden endearment. Knowing he won't be put down any time soon, he just nuzzled his face on the wolf's neck earning a soft giggle from him.

"Just let Hyunjin do what he wants. He's always like this." Woojin said, slowing his pace to walk beside the two. Jeongin lifted his gaze and faced the alpha. His soft features beamed at him; he had these loving eyes that pierced through his heart making him break into a big toothy smile. He gingerly rested his cheek on Hyunjin's back, never leaving his eyes on Woojin who was now facing the road ahead.

Jeongin eventually fell into his thoughts, too many questions arise from the circumstances in just one day. How did he get here? Why did he even go into Chan’s Antique Shop? 

Ah, he unconsciously smiled, a constant stream of rhythmic memories came to him.

He was walking home from school, immersed in the song he was listening to. The music stopped and he waited for the next song to play, but it didn't. He stopped in his tracks, fishing out his phone from his uniform's pocket. His gaze fell on to an unfamiliar establishment on his left. His eyes wandered around the place, he murmured under his breath. "Huh, I haven't seen this shop before??" eyes drifting at a bigger area, he checked if he was on the right road. And upon seeing his usual go-to bakery shop across the street, his eyes fell back to the Antique Shop.

He swore he hadn't seen that shop at all. He grew up in this area. Taking the same route for 17 years, this particular shop never caught his attention at all, and he's the type of person to scan thoroughly through places he has or hasn't been to.

Unconsciously his feet led him towards the wooden door prepped with thick glasses. 'We're Open' he mouthed the sign that was swinging back and forth. It was just flipped over by someone. Not really wanting to go home yet, Jeongin looked both ways before opening the door. The bell chimed as he walked towards the first thing that caught his eye. Propped on the table were small pocket watches, each had their own distinct features. Some were ticking and working, but some weren't.

"What can I do for you?"

He set his imagination adrift when Hyunjin came to a halt. Jeongin lifted his head, eyes trailing to everyone's figures. He had this weird habit of counting stuff and sometimes people, checking if they are all there. Before fixing his eyes on the big mansion in front of them. "THIS is your house?" he can hear Seungmin gasping at the sight, he can't blame him. It was a really huge house. No, it wasn't just a house, it was a ing mansion. Though it looked a bit creepy and old on the outside, you can feel the warmth of "home" emanating around it, as if someone really lived there. Probably the best hideout for a bunch of supernatural beings.

Chan snickered at Seungmin's remark.

He was still bothered by the fact that the witch brought the boy with him, and put both his and Seungmin's life in danger, even though he didn't want to admit it.

Seungmin turned to Chan, his eyes literally blazed with savage fire. "Really? Giving me the ing attitude, right now?" the situation grew heavy as the two scowled at each other. Chan ran his hand through his curly locks, sighing in the process. "Who wouldn't give you a 'ing attitude', wasn't it clear that we're not supposed to drag that thing into this?" a great pang gripped Jeongin's heart upon hearing Chan addressing him as 'a thing'. Seungmin side-eyed Jeongin, he knew the boy was sensitive.

"First, don't call him a 'thing', he's a human being. And second, I had no choice! You run off with Woojin to heaven only knows and left me behind with Jeongin who saw you transform and whom you almost killed even though you know you can't kill anymore! And you know I can't erase memories!! Only you can do that, you asshat bloodsucker!!"

"Then I'm gonna do it now!" Chan stomped towards Hyunjin who was carrying the boy, Jeongin cowered his head. He had decided not to let his memories be erased because he wanted to help the vampire, in a short span of time he learned to love the guy with all his heart. Chan was his only friend, and for him losing Chan would crush

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter