Levanter

Hero's Soup
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Levanter

"Can someone tell me why Hyunjin's crying in the bathroom for half an hour now?" Woong questioned as he walked down the stairs. He was sound asleep and dreaming, suddenly an inanimate object started crying in his dream so he woke up kinda traumatized only to hear one of his guests was actually crying. He laid in bed for 20 minutes waiting for that person to stop but he didn't. 

His bed hair ruffled as he sat across Changbin. "Minho pulled a pretty nasty prank on him." Changbin said that as if it was the most normal thing to happen, sadly, it was.

"Oh." Woong said. He doesn't quite get the weirdness of Chan's friends, yet. "Felix and Jisung made pancakes. Sorry if we took your food." Changbin bowed his head momentarily at Woong. 

He felt like it wasn't really enough. They barged in his house to seek shelter, they were provided food and rooms. Changbin wondered if he should kneel down on the floor to bow traditionally but eventually pushed that thought on the back of his head since it sounded a little over the top.

"It's cool. Feel at home." Woong said. They exchanged smiles before he walked to the kitchen to eat said pancakes. 

Woojin, Jeongin, and Seungmin were still asleep. After their late night snack, the three collapsed in bed. Believe or not Woojin hasn't moved an inch from his sleeping position, at this point Jisung, his roommate, wondered if the alpha was alive. He placed his ear near Woojin's nose and was relieved to feel his warm breath tickle his ear.

Hyunjin emerged from the stairs, Minho trailing behind him. His eyes were all puffy and red, evident of his crybaby fits. There's only one explanation:

Hyunjin, a gullible idiot > gets pranked by Minho with no remorse > Hyunjin cries > Minho laughs > Hyunjin doesn't stop crying > Minho finally feels bad or forced to feel bad by Chan or Woojin > Apologizes to Hyunjin > Back to the step oneㅡChangbin deduced from their actions. It's a vicious cycle. He had hoped Hyunjin would grow immune to the bullying but it’s like his memory resets the moment that his bully apologizes to him.

Hyunjin looked around, clearly looking for the others.

"Pancakes. Kitchen." Changbin said as he continued fiddling with his phone. 

Deadlines were piling up and a few revisions haven't been done yet. His new but not yet opened tattoo shop was already booked by clients for 1 whole week. Work wasn't supposed to matter at their current situation but he can't help but feel... stagnant. Not being able to make music and poke people with a micro blade was giving him anxiety issues.

Changbin was so deep in thought, he didn't notice Jisung walking in the living room.

"The building manager called." Jisung sat beside him smelling like flour and maple syrup, his presence somehow calmed him down. "Music studio?" Changbin asked. He rested his back, turning his head to Jisung as he saw him nod. "She said a couple of managers and artists came. She politely told them we're not there and to contact us personally if they have concerns." Changbin thinned his lips. That's why he's bombarded with messages, emails, and calls from people who usually don't contact them when something comes up or if their artist still sounded bad amidst the amount of auto tune layering they did.

"She kept on apologizing to me. I said it's okay since it's our fault." Jisung sighed, he rested his head on Changbin's shoulder. 

The building manager was a really nice person. And she gave them a discount for the monthly rent for 3 months just because Hyunjin dropped by and she liked him. She has a thing for eye candies. Who doesn't? Maybe they should offer Hyunjin to her as thanks for the inconvenience they’ve caused.

"We didn't bring any of our equipment here either." Changbin muttered, the smell of maple syrup clinged on Jisung's fluffy hair. "The files are on cloud. We can buy equipment here but," Jisung his lips. His voice suddenly stopped working. 

"It's not really the perfect time to work." Changbin finished his sentence for him although his mouth was dry as well. "It'll be bad for our reputation though." Jisung played with his fingers. It was hard to make a name for yourself in South Korea's competitive music industry. It took them a couple of years to do so. 

People remembered them as different people from different decades although they worked with the same people at the same studio. It's how the whole supernatural thing works. Really weird I might say. 

Human brains can't process all the magical stuff. It'll literally make them go insane if they try to understand. That's why they won't have any problems with their natural selves and also no one notices Chan's vampiric appearance, well, except for his smugness. It was still hard to adapt to the human lifestyle, they didn't want people to think they're 'weird'.

'Just go and buy equipment already, you idiots. We have plenty of time. Do your work.' Woojin’s voice echoed in their heads. Changbin and Jisung's eyes meet. They couldn't help but break into big grins. 

Jisung hurriedly changed out of his pajamas. Changbin was already dressed so he waited near the door. "I'll tell them we're leaving." Jisung hopped down the last 3 flights of stairs before sprinting to the kitchen. He heard Felix shouting 'Be careful' before he was dragged out the door by Jisung in a hurry.

90% of it is because Hyunjin had heard what Woojin said as well so they left before he had the chance to invite himself.

-

Woojin woke up with a heavy head. One of his wolves must be under a lot of stress. The turmoil inside their heads are inter-connected so everyone in the pack knows if something was wrong. 

He heard Hyunjin cursing at Minho inside his head. He smiled, it must've been another episode of 'Pranking Hyunjin until he cries'. They might've made up already.

He disregarded that floating thought and focused on Changbin and Jisung's concerns. He sat up from his seat, listening intently to their words. 

When they stopped, he finally had the chance to telepathically tell them: 'Just go and buy equipment already, you idiots. We have plenty of time. Do your work.' he waited for Jisung to sprint in and out of their shared room, also engulfing him in a very tight hug, before he decided to go downstairs. The two were long gone even before he stepped out of his and Jisung's shared room.

He peered through Seungmin and Jeongin's slightly ajared door. Both of them were out cold. He smiled softly, gently closing the door. After washing his face and failing to fix his bed hair, he decided to go downstairs.

"Morning, Woong." Woojin greeted the witch as he walked out of the kitchen, munching on a pancake.

"Mornin!" Woong greeted back. "It's weird to see you sleep in." 

Woojin stared at him. "It's 9am."

"Exactly."

"How is that sleeping in?" Woong shrugged. Woojin squinted his eyes at the witch, earning a chuckle that eventually turned into Woong choking on his pancake. Felix dashed out of the kitchen offering Woong a glass of water. 

Woojin watched as Felix sauntered back to the kitchen. Woojin didn't bother to go in there, god knows how messy it is. He reminded himself to tell them to clean up. They're just guests. He's already so indebted to Woong.

He and Woong settled in the living room. "Chan's still not here?" Woojin broke the impending silence.

"Yes and no." Woong placed his empty plate on the coffee table, downing the rest of the water he got from Felix to avoid any further attempts of suffocating to death. "He popped in for about a few minutes. The others showered him with questions and stuff but he just went straight to the fridge, drank about 2 bags of blood before saying 'I'll be back, don't worry.' then he vanished into what seemed to be snow."

Snow.

"Then he is in Norway." Woojin placed his hand on his chin. 

"We were about to rough house the heck out of him but I'm telling you," Woong shivered. "Seeing Chan's eyes as red as the blood dripping down his chin left us all paralized and... traumatized." Woojin laughed. Chan was usually a messy drinker when he's troubled or in a hurry. He must have been fighting someone in Norway.

"He must have a lead. Let's give him time." 

"Who do you think he's fighting over there?" Woong said as if he knew what Chan was doing. He did.

"Well..." Woojin paused for a while. It can't be that guy but he's the only one on his mind. "Probably the worst person to be on a frozen island.”

-

NO ONE expected fighting.

As Clyde turned around, Chan waited for some advanced contraptions transporting them to a different room. But suit guy, he's stuck with calling him that, buttoned his suit and walked out the bar. He felt Chan's stare at his back as if waiting for him to explain. "Shall we?" He turned around and gestured his hand politely for the vampire to follow him.

"O-okay." Chan cleared his throat. He can't hide the embarrassment on his face. He needs to stop watching fictional films with Felix and Lamce. He dashed past Clyde. "Were you waiting forㅡ"

"Shut up." if he was capable of blushing, Chan would probably have red splotches on his face. He prefered them to be another person's blood on his face but you get the idea.

"Apologies. Our main office is not attached to this establishment. If that's what you're curious aboutㅡ" 

"DOWN!" Chan tackled Clyde to the ground, his suit finally evident of snow. A ball of fire rocketed to the bar window, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter