Arrival

Hero's Soup
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arrival

"I didn't know Chan had connections other than you guys?"

"Well, he doesn’t really strike as the social type so I guess you would assume that." Changbin pauses.

The sound of the town inching away from them as they head towards the entrance. Bits of rocks crunching underneath the soles of their dirty sneakers. "Like what Kazuo said, he was a part of the Sofia's. A very powerful family."

Jeongin knew about the 11 families. He had a crash course with Jisung and Woojin the other day, so he could be somehow informed of what happened to the supernatural world, now that he was part of it of course.

He quickened his pace to catch up with Changbin. Although the man was on the short side, he was a fast walker. "There are only 5 families left, right? What rank are the Sofia's?"

Changbin smiled sadly. "Rank number 3."

"Even before the other families were killed?" his mouth gaped when Changbin nodded.

So that guy from earlier is the heir of the 3rd most powerful family in the supernatural world. But he was too... ditzy.

"You know what,"

Jeongin fell out of thought when Changbin spoke up. "We knew Chan was part of something big before. We met him when he was still in the Sofia household. But he wouldn't tell us who or what society he was in. Maybe he was afraid that we would leave him for that issue alone. And we were right." he sighs once more. "He didn't tell us because he was afraid to lose us. That ."

"After finding out today that he was part of the Sofia's, there's this small feeling of happiness and pride in my heart. It sickens me." Jeongin stared at the anguish in the wolf's face.

"'Chan must be strong because he came from such a powerful clan.' is what you thought." The boy was spot on.

Changbin hated himself for thinking about something like that. He acted like a child who was protected by an overpowered superhero. "The others thought of that too, Changbin. Don't just blame yourself."

"How did you know?"

Jeongin smiled. And somehow his heart felt a bit lighter after that. "Because I do. We're all glad Chan is really really strong. And it's not wrong to be proud of that. He wants to protect us and I believe we're the source of his strength as well."

"Maybe you're right. I'm overthinking this too much. Thank you." The boy's smile was now re his own.

They walk in silence for a while.

"Aren't your parents worried?" Changbin raised the question.

"Actually..." Jeongin scratched his nape. "What is it?"

"After everyone left the mansion, Seungmin helped me with my things." The wolf was puzzled. Where are you going with this conversation... wait.

"Things? Meaning...?"

Jeongin smiled awkwardly, ah he finally spilled it. "Yep. I'm moving in."

Changbin stopped on his tracks, wide-eyed and flustered. He somehow managed to continue walking after that. "And you told me first?" His heart was soft.

"Ohhh boy, am I gonna tease the hell out of those idiots." he knew the rest would envy him. Jeongin chuckles, they're such kids. "It came up so I had to tell you."

"So your parents think you're in the mansion with us, unpacking?" he felt bad. They were in a situation that would probably kill any parent with worry and stress. "Yes. But! Please don't feel bad. This is all unexpected. No one is to blame."

"Well, the one who attacked us is to blame." Changbin candidly said. "True." Jeongin agreed. He would've laughed because the wolf sounded so sassy.

"We'll be out of this soon. I assure you. Then we could have all the time we want together now that you're moving in." Changbin put a heavy hand on Jeongin's shoulder as a sign of comfort. His face was determined as ever. He too wanted to be out of this mess as soon as he could.

"I believe you."

"Oh! There they are!" Hyunjin and Woojin jogged towards them. The alpha’s worried face vanished as soon as he saw the two. "Are you boys okay?"

"We're fine." they said in unison. Woojin gave each of them a long hug, plus inspection. Hyunjin swore the alpha would've commanded the two to strip to search for any wounds or bruises.

"You good, shortie?"

"I will smack you in the face, Hyunjin." Hyunjin laughed. "Feisty."

"I swear to god, I am fully healed and ready to fight." the tension dissipated. Woojin and Jeongin laughed at the two bickering all the way back to the agreed meeting place.

"Chan was part of the Sofia!?" Hyunjin exclaimed. After the 'fighting' which involved an extreme amount of profanities ended, they were now engrossed with Changbin's story about their arrival at the neutral zone up to the scene at the tavern.

Jeongin looks beside him to see what Woojin's reaction was. He was as solemn as ever.

"Why are you not surprised!?" Hyunjin directed his next question, loudly, to the alpha behind him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter