SPECIAL CHAPTER

Hero's Soup
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Woojin’s Daily Life

Waking up to muffled screams and laughter was an everyday routine for Woojin, more like it was his alarm clock. The same scene every day, although different members change ‘roles’. Will he ever get tired of Jisung screaming while running around the house, Seungmin experimenting on Hyunjin just for the hell of it, Minho admiring himself non-stop in front of the whole-body mirror, Changbin and Felix singing loudly and out-of-tune while dancing like idiots? No. Not really. He would actually be worried if he woke up with the whole mansion being quiet as a mouse. That’s when he can tell something is wrong.

Woojin would sit up from his bed, staring blankly at the door, breaking into a smile as he heard Jisung singing on top of his lungs. Pushing himself out of bed, he would stretch his asleep muscles, fixing his clothes right after.

The wolves would simmer down a bit, sensing the alpha was awake. But eventually they would go back to their rowdy selves. With quiet steps, Woojin descends from his room, walking straight to the kitchen to get a bottle of water. He would gulp down the whole bottle before crushing the container and recycling it.

“Where’s Felix?” Woojin looked around the living room, sensing the missing fox. “He went out for a while,” Seungmin replied, not batting an eye at the alpha. Woojin was used to Seungmin by now, he was a bit ill-tempered, but he knows the witch doesn’t mean any harm, plus he has a soft spot for Jeongin. “Any reason at all?” He sat beside Hyunjin, putting a hand on his beta’s thigh. “He said he needed inspiration for writing lyrics.” Seungmin continued, shrugging his shoulders, closing his eyes to practice a spell. Hyunjin leans on Woojin’s shoulder, cuddling the alpha. Woojin smiles, Hyunjin was always so warm it made him feel at home.

“Why are you guys still here? Don’t you have to work?” Woojin turns his head towards the small whiteboard on the wall near the kitchen, reading clearly the schedules of every member of the house. “Jisung? Changbin?”

Jisung and Changbin whose eyes are glued to the tv screen, aggressive button smashing on the controllers on their hands, paused the game. Both looking at the alpha. “We finished up everything yesterday to free up some time today.” Jisung nods, agreeing to what Changbin said. Woojin an eyebrow at them. Jisung speaks up, not needing a word from the alpha. “It’s been a tiring week, and Changbin’s gonna go find a place for his shop.”

Woojin nods, running a hand through his soft locks. Feeling two pairs of eyes on his face, Woojin turns his head, nodding his head at the two wolves. They were waiting for his approval so they could go back on the game they’re clearly losing. Cute. He smiles softly, putting an arm around Hyunjin who was now stuck to his side like a koala. “How ‘bout my Jinnie~ do you have work today?” feeling the wolf shake his head, Woojin hums. “I checked your schedule last night, looks like you’re free today too.” again he felt Hyunjin shake his head, but now up and down.

He chuckles deeply, eyes finding Seungmin, the witch who has been transformed. Hair ash white and eyes are a deep shade of violet. “My only class is at 3pm, I’ll be home by 10pm. Don’t wait for me please.” but Woojin ignored his request. He would always wait for Seungmin to come home, on the first night the witch threw a hex at him, he dodged it but the sofa was turned into a rabbit (which they now keep). Seungmin was startled, of course, he got home at around 3am because of council work, dead tired entering the house and seeing a whole man magically appearing in front of him (he just didn’t notice the alpha because he was exhausted as hell). Who wouldn’t be shocked?

“Okay.” Seungmin knew his last words were given dirt by Woojin, so he went back to his summoning.

After spending time with the boys in the living room, he would walk to the kitchen and start cooking breakfast for the hungry kids. He wasn’t the best cook; they usually order takeout if they’re lazy but Woojin still tries his best to give the boys a not-so-healthy but full-of-love meal. “Boys, breakfast.” In a blink of an eye, the remaining people in the house gather around the dining table. The bickering never stops. “Where’s Chan?” Hyunjin asks before shoving a spoonful of scrambled eggs down his throat. “He left at around 4am.” Woojin recalls being jerked out of his slumber as he feels Chan’s presence vanishing. The vampire materializes in front of him, “Germany.” and with that Chan was gone.

“I really don’t know how you understand that old dude.” Changbin stated. Jisung who was looking at Changbin beside him nods before locking eyes with the alpha. “Chan is so vague.” Woojin grins. “You guys know Chan, he’s like that.”

“Wait, what does he mean by Germany?” Seungmin, who was itching to ask about it finally spoke. “He went to Germany to buy some antiques for his shop.” Minho replied. Seungmin was overwhelmed by how much the non-human beings around him knew the vampire. Even more than him. “He’ll be back tomorrow.” Woojin reassures them.

After breakfast, he would leave the dishes to Minho and Jisung. Usually Changbin does the dishes but something came up and he had to meet the real estate manager early. Jisung will catch up once he’s done. “I’ll be leaving for the cafe.” with half-assed goodbyes, Woojin drives out of the garage into the bumpy road. He turns on the radio, humming unconsciously along with whatever song comes up.

“Good Morning.” He greets the staff with his usual toothy smile, turning his head towards the customers and giving them a smile. “Good Morning to you guys also.” Johnny walks up to the boss, putting a hand around his shoulder as he teases him. “Boss is so handsome kya~” Woojin giggles, shoving the taller one away from him. “Idiot.”

“Where’s Jungwoo?” Woojin walks around the counter, checking the machines and pastries along the way. “He’s in the back, fetching some whipped cream.” Woojin opened the cabinet for all the whipped cream cans, it was empty. He then proceeds to the computer they use for stocks and sales. “I already ordered what we need, boss.”

“Wasn’t gonna ask that because I already know you did.” Johnny grins at Woojin’s words, he turns to his heel and disappears inside the kitchen. Woojin proceeds to stand beside Jaehyun who was minding the counter, after handing the customer the buzzer (used for when the order is done) he turns to the boss. “Hey.”

“You alright?” Jaehyun smiles sadly, he knows he can’t hide anything from Woojin. With a sigh, he crosses his arms, looking at Woojin through his lashes. “My mom wants me to go back to the States,” the bell chimes as a customer walks out into the busy street. Jaehyun relaxes upon seeing Woojin’s reassuring smile. “She said she found a job for me there; the benefits were great, and they would provide my housing-”

“Then why are you hesitating?”

“I’m not. I just don’t want to go back.” Woojin felt Jaehyun’s searing stare in his own eyes. The guy was telling the truth. Woojin puts a hand on Jaehyun’s shoulder, “Whatever you want to do. I will support you, okay?”

Woojin genuinely does. He supported Jaehyun ever since they met. The trainee life weighed on him too much, but Woojin was always there to cheer him up, to keep him going. Even Johnny was thankful for the alpha, even though none of the staff knew about his real identity.

“I know you will. Thanks, man.”

-

“Johnny, tell the boys I left early. I ordered some pizza so be sure to give them their share!” pulling on his trench coat, Woojin bid his last goodbye before circling his car. Opening the door to the driver's seat, one particular person standing in the corner caught his eye. His long stature leaning against the wall, soft light brown locks falling perfectly right above his eyes. Those dark orbs snapped at Woojin’s direction making contact with the alpha’s. With a smirk, he threw his cigarette on the pavement, crushing it with his black dress shoes. At this moment, Woojin noticed the guy’s overall look.

His face was perfectly framed by the black turtleneck underneath his black overcoat. His skinny-fit black jeans look like they’re about to burst because of his muscular thighs.

“Yuta.”

“Woojin.”

The air around them became suffocating, you can feel the extreme aura radiating from both men. Their eyes are not blinking at all. Woojin turns, body fully facing the man. With simultaneous steps they fell into each other’s arms, laughing almost maniacally. “Where the have you been, you !” Woojin pulls away, locking his arm around Yuta’s neck, caging him in his armpit. With his extra hand, he roughly ruffles the man’s hair, both laughing in glee.

“Hey! Come on man! I spent an hour fixing my hair.” Yuta struggles on pulling Woojin’s muscular arm around his neck, he wasn’t suffocating at all, but seeing the blatant stares coming from strangers walking by, plus the customers coming in and out of the cafe, he had, by all means, to be embarrassed. However, knowing Woojin, he can never win against the man. Woojin was obviously ten-fold stronger than him. “Woojin, you do know I’m older than you.”

“The elder acknowledged me first.” with a smug look on his face, Woojin lets go of Yuta. “Really? You’re still bringing that up? you.” keys jingling in the air, out of reflex, Yuta caught it right in time. The frown on his face grew much darker. “You drive. Let’s go back to the mansion. You disappeared suddenly last week; the boys were worried.” Yuta snickered, puffing out air from his cheeks as he eyes Woojin walking towards the shotgun seat.

“Why are you like this?” the car door shut twice, both pulling on their seatbelts securely. With a chuckle, Woojin shifted comfortably on his seat as Yuta pulled out the driveway. “What do you mean?”

Sneering, Yuta slowly puts pressure on the brake with his foot, yanking the e-brake as the car stops. He glanced at the rear-view mirror, fixing his hair before turning to Woojin. The glare from the stoplight shining on both their faces. “You’re always bringing that up in every conversation we have.” Woojin only chuckled. “You’re really different.” Yuta releases the e-brake, drawing his eyes back on the road. He could feel Woojin’s curious gaze on his side profile. “You’re still the same idiot as before. But somehow, you’ve changed.”

“The boy who used to be so arrogant and mean, using his father’s position as leverage to look down on the other cubs and wolves. Carelessly causing trouble for the elderly just for the heck of it. Never relying on friends, because he says they’re all the same, they would all just leave him once they benefit from him. Only befriending him because he was the leader’s son.”

Woojin looked out the window, as much as he wanted to ignore the words Yuta was saying. He just couldn’t help but look back at his past. He was really quite an back then. He only brought trouble for his family, not that they don’t mind. They were disappointed in him but had no other choice but to let every bad deed he did go through. He was the only heir, the only son. It was the only way for him not to rebel and completely run off from the pack. “Even after your whole pack got attacked,” Yuta was a distant relative, his family descended from Japan and they still reside there. Woojin sighed heavily, the blaring horns coming from cars behind him were all muffled by Yuta’s words.

“You still remained the same. Father and mother really thought that incident would change you,” Yuta parked the car in front of the mansion, turning off the engine as he glanced at Woojin. “But decades later, after we met in Japan. You changed drastically.” turning his head, Woojin’s eyes met Yuta’s. They stared at each other, as if they were trying to find answers in each other’s eyes. “What changed you? Who changed you? Hyunjin?” Yuta was partly true, Hyunjin did change him. Being the alpha, he had to protect Hyunjin, even if he wasn’t the beta.

But it wasn’t just Hyunjin.

Yuta knew. He knew right from the start who it was. “Woojin! You’re back early! Oh, is that Yuta?”

“Can you not shout for just one second, Jisung.”

“Well sorry. Minho. I’m not a cold like you.”

“Yuta? Yuta’s back!”

“Dum dum, he was just here a week ago.”

“Changbin, I hate you.”

“I hate myself too, Hwang.”

“Where’s Seungmin and Felix?”

“They went to fetch Jeongin from school.”

“Oh! Jeongin’s coming over!! Yay!”

With one last fleeting smile, Woojin turned his back on Yuta. Walking briskly towards his family.

Yuta smiled in defeat, shoving his hands inside his pockets. Mumbling underneath the wind, “It wasn’t just one person.”

—Changbin and Jisung’s Daily Life (⅔ of that spicy sauce)

“Jisung, wake up. We need to go.”

“Five more minutes, Binnie.” sighing heavily Changbin sat on the edge of the bed. Five minutes ago, he was in Jisung’s current position. Sleeping soundly and not wanting to be bothered in his room, but apparently the alarm went off and he had responsibilities. Jisung groans, moving his lifeless body onto Changbin’s lap. With light and soft , Changbin’s hand runs through Jisung’s fluffy locks. Out of all the boys, Jisung has the softest and fluffiest hair. Minho would come in second. He glances down at Jisung fondly, it’s been a while since the incident happened. Although Jisung seemed to be back to his normal state, Changbin can’t help but worry. Jisung is his best friend, they were both found and aided by Woojin and Hyunjin from different circumstances but both of them were scarred heavily, physically and mentally.

Ever since then, they were inseparable. And to add the fact that they both enjoy music; it made their fondness for each other grow deeper. It made them understand and express each other much clearer than before.

As much as he wants to lie back down on his own bed, or better yet cuddle with Jisung. Like he said, Changbin had responsibilities, and Jisung was part of it. The songs won’t write, compose and produce themselves. Changbin always thought of asking Seungmin if he had any spells that would work that way, but he was too afraid to ask. And Chan would probably tell him it was just a lame excuse to slack off and not do any actual work. “Ji. We have to work.” It took him 10 minutes to push Jisung out of his bed, dragging the wolf towards the bathroom to wash up.

Entering the living room, he was welcomed by Woojin who seemed surprised enough not to see them in their usual state. “We got home by 5am, I’m tired but otherwise okay. Ji had it rough yesterday. The artists won’t cooperate well and demand a lot of changes,” he sat down on the dining table, ushering a brief ‘thank you’ to Hyunjin who handed him a plateful. “You know Ji has a bad temper, and that stresses him the out. I offered to help since I’m only handling the computer. But-“

“Knowing that , he wanted to do his task on his own.” Seungmin appeared beside him, pulling a chair on his side. Changbin handed him a glass of juice. “Thanks.” he nodded at the witch before proceeding to eat. Jisung comes down from his room after a while. Changbin waited for him to finish his meal and then they left in haste.

“Please tell me we’re not working with the same people as yesterday?” Jisung whined, taking a sip on his iced coffee as they sped across the city. The car came to a halt, Changbin glanced at the stoplight before turning to Jisung. “It’s just until today, Ji. Please just bear with it.” With his big eyes, Jisung stared at Changbin’s side profile as the man started driving again. Changbin didn’t say he hated it. But he knew for sure that the wolf was just as annoyed as him.

Changbin never really showed he was struggling. He never once complained even though he was having a hard time, he just stood there smiling. Even comforting the people who had it way better than him. Changbin may look dark and mysterious, but he’s a big softie. He always looked unapproachable and cold, but he’s actually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter