Black Rose

Black Rose Manor

 

[Sungjong’s PoV]

Today has been weird, Chunji woke up ill, those weird kids are missing, including the one who bugged Chunji yesterday and ever since I told Sungyeol, Niel’s, and my friends that Chunji found a black rose on his bed they’ve been acting strange and whispering to each other, that is after their fear of something vanished.

I smiled when lunch finally came by and I was with my two brothers and our friends again. I looked at the oldest of the seven of us.

“Sunggyu-hyung, why were you so surprised when I told you that my hyung found a black rose beside his bed when he woke up,” I Asked?

“A black rose it usually a sign of death…most the people who have had black roses laying on their beds died twenty-four hours after seeing it…” said Sunggyu, “Also, according to the legends, when a person sees one on their bed they’ve been visited by him, and from what I’ve heard the first visit is never the last…”

“What do you mean by first visit?” asked Niel, “After all, you said that when they find a rose, they die a day later…”

“Well, it’s hard to explain…” said Sunggyu, looking at me and then at Niel.

“Try to explain it then,” Said Niel, looking at him straight in the eye, the older sighed.

“Let’s say your brother dies and then your family moves and then another family moves into the house and someone gets your brother’s bedroom as their own,” Said Sunggyu.

“Okay…” said Niel.

“That new person will get the rose too and die,” Said Sunggyu, “That family move out, another moves in, a family member dies twenty-four hours after seeing the black rose and they move away. This process is repeated over and over again…”

The two of us looked at him in shock, “So it’s pretty much like a curse placed on the house?”

The older boy nodded, “A curse that no one has ever been able to break.”

“So in other words, we’re doomed?” asked Niel.

The older male nodded, “Chunji is…”

The two of us frowned.

“What does the rose do to kill someone?”

“No one really knows,” Said Hoya, “but we have a good idea of what it exactly is from our studies.”

“So, what does these studies show?” I asked.

“Roses represent the demon families that once ruled these lands, according to the legends, the red rose represented the royal families and the nobles, while the black rose represented the demon council that formed despite the Royals refusal.” Said Hoya, “It’s believed that the council started an uprising which surged into a full scale civil war that not only killed the royal family and the nobles, but the red rose supporters…”

“What does any of this have to do with the black rose that takes people’s lives away?” asked Niel, impatiently.

“Shut up and you’d find out,” Said Sunggyu, rolling his eyes.

“When the royals passed away, the demons became corrupt and they began to feed off of human souls, which was unethical to the red rose, which is why the black rose is a sign of death…” said Hoya, “My guess is that once the demon's victim touches the rose it will begin to out their souls,  in turn, trapping their souls in the rose and once it’s completely in the rose it is automatically given to the demon without having to make contact. Which means the demon gets the soul, but the flower stays with the now soulless body.”

“Wait…Demons eat souls?” said Niel, shocked, “I thought they drank blood.”

I face palmed myself, “Niel, those are vampires…” 

"Wait, then who sparkles?" asked Niel, with a confused expression.

 

Dun...dun...dun...don't forget to comment! Opinions are loved (as long as they aren't too mean). This chapter might be edited later, but I have no time to right now.