Only One

BLACKPINK - One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Lisa was getting out of the shower when the C is for Cookie by Cookie Monster played. She didn't need to look at her phone to know who was calling.

She sat in front of her dresser as she dried her hair. She glared at her still ringing phone. She scoffed at the annoyed look she was wearing in front of her mirror. She was glad she can wear her scowl freely in her room.

"And wallow in self pity." She looked at herself pointedly. His ringtone her BGM. Her brown eyes do not have their usual sparkle.

"Tsk! He looked freaking comfortable with Camilla." She said to herself in the mirror as she combed her hair. Her cheeks tinged red.

The photos from the red carpet had been released and she had seen one that had gotten her upset. She slammed her hair brush on the dresser.

She has been quite sucessfull in ignoring him. She had put her phone on silent earlier but she had recieved a scolding for not picking up a call from the company about a CF proposal that she had to turn the volume back up.

She has already changed into her pajamas. It was still early but she planned to watch movies on her projector until she falls asleep tonight. She set it up to watch "Love Rosie" when C is for Cookie tone played again.

She sighed. She chewed on her bottom lip. She debated whether she should pick up or not. A part of her wanted to so bad. She has not extended her congratulations to him and the boys for winning in the BBMAs. It was another milestone and she wanted to share it with him. She also felt guilty as it was already early morning in Vegas and he still has not slept if the succesions of the calls he made to her were anything to go by.

The thing with Jeon Jungkook is, Lisa cannot ignore him for long and he knows it. She sighed.

She turned her lights off. The projector light casting a soft glow across her room. The opening music of the movie began playing as she tucked herself in bed. She reached for her phone after she was comfortably settled but the ringing stopped. She lowered down the movie's volume.

She dialled his number and with one ring, he picked up.

"Yah!"

No "Hello". Typical Jungkook.

"Hey!"

"Dont hey me. Why have you been ignoring me?" He said accusatorily.

"Aniyo. I was just busy today." She said half heartedly. "Congratulations by the way!" She tried to be as perky as possible even when her heart was heavy.

There was a long pause. "Hello?" Lisa called as he did not reply.

She flinched when his ringtone rang again. Confused, she looked at her phone and found him trying to video call her.

She pressed the Accept button hurriedly and she was greeted by a scowling Jungkook.

"Yah! How could you be busy today? You promised me you'd watch the show." He said with a pout.

"And I did, Kook."

"Then how come you did not answer when I called after the show?"

"I got busy after it ended."

"It was still early. What were you busy about?"

"Nevermind that." She said dismissively as she did not want to come up with more lies. "What was it like?"

Jungkook's scowl, turned into a grin. "It was amazing! I was really nervous and I couldnt understand most of what they were saying. Good thing Namjoon hyung translates it for me. Then the food were amazing. I...

He went on and on about the show. There was no stopping him. It was good for Lisa. She had a reason to just watch him talk excitedly about the experience. A warm feeling enveloped her as he chuckled at how one singer tried to talk to him but he did not know how to respond and he just said thank you. She rambled on for Lisa did not know how long.

"Everyone were so nice to us, Lisa-ya." He continued. His eyes sparkling.

"I saw." She said with a smile. "Im proud of you, Kookie. You know that right?"

"Ne. Komaho." He beamed. "I wished you were here too. That would make it more awesome." He said sincerely.

"Someday." She promised.

"It would be great, you know?: He said with a dreamy look on his face. "I can just imagine if you're in the audience when we accept the award. And then you'd accept yours."

"I might cry." She said with a chuckle.

"I would, too." He paused. "I feel like it's all still a dream, Lee." He said with a small smile.

"It isn't." She assured him. "You'd worked so hard for this Kook. You and the oppas."

"Komaho! I wished I could thank you in my acceptance speech."

From the screen of her phone, she watched Jungkook sigh.

"You dont have to." She placated.

"I want to so badly." He said. "You were one of the few who believed in us when we started." She noticed how he blinked faster than normal.

"I still do." She said. "Dont get emotional on me, Kook."

"I cant help it." He smiled despite a tear was falling in his cheek.

She chuckled. "Why are you so sentimental?" She swallowed the lump on . "You've always believed in me, too. Even when you couldnt understand what I was sayi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter