I Cant Make You Love Me

BLACKPINK - One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Im sorry,Jisoo-ya. I just...don't feel the same."

His words were ringing in her ears. It's been weeks but she can still recall the conflicting emotions in his eyes. One as fleeting as the other after Jisoo has poured out her feelings for him.

She had, of course, imagined how her confession would go. Imagined every possible scenario. Every possible setting, from the romantic dinner in the restaurant they've both grown to like or at the quaint corner cafe they've spent talking about their common interests or at the park where they'd spend quiet afternoons reading books they both thought interesting so they could then discuss them later.

She imagined how her confession would go so many times but standing in front of their favorite restaurant spilling out her guts in a frenzy of anger and jealousy wasn't what she had in mind.

Jisoo on all of her scenarios never included this kind of outcome. Nor did she ever imagined the searing pain that crossed her heart at his rejection.

"Jisoo,listen--" He struggled as he caught her arm as she attempt to leave. "I cant give you anything more than friendship.."

She pulled her arm away from his grasp. "I get it." She said,her lips trembling as she pushed her tears.

She turned to leave but he caught her arm again. This time she forced her body not to turn to him as her tears are about to fall.

"I don't think you do. You're amazing,Jisoo but I--"he paused as if to stop himself from saying anything he might regret.

"It's ok." She croaked. Still not looking at him. "Im not as naive as you think I am."

"Jisoo...."

"I--" She turned to him and give the sweetest smile she could muster as she tugged her arm from him."--need to go."

"You dont understand,Jisoo." He brushed his fingers to his hair exasperatedly.

"Oppa?" A girl almost the same age as Jisoo if not younger called out. Her eyes curious at the sight of the two.

"I'll be right there, Kyung Min." He said as he barely turned to the other girl. He steeled as he heard her.

"Mianhaeyo." Jisoo bowed to the girl. Not meeting her eyes. Her heart aching.

"Anyeong, Namjoon Oppa." Jisoo said hastily before Namjoon could say anything else and turned to leave. She didn't care how absurd she looked but she ran away like her life depended on it.

"Kim Jisoo..!!"

She didn't dare look back. She has seen and heard enough. The sight of the two of them might just break her heart to pieces completely. She didn't know how long and how far she got from running but the cool air whipping her tear stricken face was as cold and as numbing as she felt.

 

 

 

"Kim Jisoo."

She flinched at the sound of her name. She turned to see her manager wearing the concerned look she's been giving Jisoo this past few weeks. She knew better than to ask if the younger girl was ok. She knew the answer but it will not be the one she would get from her.

"You're up."

With that, Jisoo nodded at her. "Ne, Unnie."

She took another look at her face and smiled. A smile she couldn't fool anyone with. She took a deep breath and stood up. Waived goodbye to Lisa who was all but observing her since earlier as the younger girl stretched and Jennie who was having her make up touched up. They gave her thumbs ups but Jisoo did not miss the wary expression they shared as she walked past.

"Aja, Unnie!!"

"Good luck, Unnie!!"

They called out after her which Chaeyoung mimicked as she met her at the hallway!

"Good luck,Unnie!!" She said gleefully after her own set.

"Ne." She gave Chaeyoung a nervous smile.

She was greeted by the 30,000 attendees at their Taipei concert. She waived as she made her way to the piano. She had once attempted to learn the instrument and lost patience and learned only the basics but she had practiced real hard this few weeks. She felt that this performance was her most special of all. One that she would not repeat at any of the other legs of their tour.

This performance was for him. IF he decided to watch like she had dared him jokingly months back before her disastrous show of being desperate and pathetic.

It did not matter to her if he showed up or not. He would know that this song was for him. Her good bye song.

She revelled at the sound of their concert audience calling out to her. A small part of her hoped that one of them was him. No matter how far fetched it was.

Jisoo allowed herself to drown her sorrow and her love to show at every key and every word as she touched the piano keys...

Turn down the lights
Turn down the bed
Turn down these voices inside my head
Lay down with me
Tell me no lies
Just hold me close, don't patronize
Don't patronize me
'Cause I can't make you love me if you don't
You can't make your heart feel something it won't
Here in the dark, in these final hours
I will lay down my heart and I'll feel the power
But you won't, no you won't
'Cause I can't make you love me, if you don't
I'll close my eyes, then I won't see
The love you don't feel when you're holding me
Morning will come and I'll do what's right
Just give me till then to give up this fight
And I will give up this fight
'Cause I can't make you love me if you don't
You can't make your heart feel something it won't
Here in the dark, in these final hours
I will lay down my heart and I'll feel the power
But you won't, no you won't
'Cause I can't make you love me, if you don't

Applause rang in her ears the minute she finished her piece. A sob escaped from her lips the moment she took the mic from the standee. She thanked everyone as she cried, unable to hold herself. The loss of her first love overwhelmed her.

"I will forget you from today, Kim Namjoon." She told heeself.

She bowed multiple times and walked out of the stage while waiving the crowd goodbye.

 

 

Kim Jisoo wowed with piano skills and top notch vocals.

Kim Jisoo: A vocal full of talent and artistry

Kim Jisoo's rendition of "I can't make you love me" brought concert goers to tears

(+1678 -236) "Waahhhh.. Jisoo unnie, daebak!"

(+1696 -134) "I knew she was talented but never knew she was THAT talented."

(+1269 -156) "Stan talent! Stan Blackpink!

(+1256 -175) "Who broke this poor girl's heart?"

(1137 -135) "It's ok,Unnie. You'll find somebody better."

(1254 -125) "My poor baby, Jisoo. Who hurt you?"

She sighed. They were back in Korea a day after the concert. She was in her room, scrolling through the various articles tackling about the Taipei leg of their tour.

She shouldn't have let herself get carried away like that. To think that she had practiced everyday for that performance. She broke down multiple times on the course of her practice sessions that she couldn't continue anymore but she thought she schooled herself enough to push through with the song without making an ultimate fool of herself. At least, she thought, Blinks loved it. They thought it was her best performance yet.

She blinked wondering whether she got her message through to him. Afterall, he was there. She clicked back to Naver's front page that shows the article about their Taipei concert side to side with news about a certain attendee. It showed a fan taken photo of him wearing a white cap with a mask from a distance. Unable to stop herself she clicked on the article again.

BTS' RM sighted at BLACKPINK's concert in Taipei with an unidentified woman?

Fan accounts claim that Bangtan Sonyeondan's Leader RM was spotted attending BLACKPINK's Taipei leg of the group's Asian tour. Although trying to be inconspicuous, RM blended with the crowd but his gait and presence cannot be ignored that despite his attempts, fans were still able to recognize him.

Furthermore, what got people talking was not just his attendance but that with him was, as per unvalidated accounts, a very beautiful girl around his age----

Jisoo couldn't bear to read further ahead as she had done so countless of times as the next part of the article was going on about the woman's visual along with a photo of the said woman. Which to Jisoo's irritation still showed the woman's remarkable visuals desite the poor quality of the photos.

She instead scrolled down to see new comments posted underneath the article which she has also seen a hundred times before. They were all over the place. People didn't know what to talk about first. She had seen online scuffles between ARMYs and Blinks especially on Twitter.

(+1259 -147) "I dont know what's more daebak, him going to a BLACKPINK concert or him going to the concert with a date."

(+1485 -236) "How brave of him to show up at a concert with his girl."

(+1345 -325) "I wonder if this means that he is friends with BLACKPINK members. I smell a collab. #lizkook"

(+1586 -256) "Dude's rich, whisking away his girl to another country just to watch a Korean group in a concert."

(+986 -693) "I wonder if Jisoo's song is for him. Edited: Don't come at me you pieces of ! I just gave an opinion."

(+1542 -963) "That's his girlfriend? She isn't even that pretty."

Petty but the last comment showed an undeniable thumbs up from her. The highlighted icon mocking her.

She clicked her tongue as she felt warm liquid flowing from her eyes. What was wrong with her? She half expected him to be there.

"But I never expected him to be there with her." she thought. No

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter