Serendipity

BLACKPINK - One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is the meaning of this?"

Jisoo has not even step foot in his office for more than a minute. She wasn't even asked to sit down. She was just standing in the middle of the elegant room with the Bearbricks to the left staring blankly at her like some jurors as she was about to be convicted.

It was their Sajangnim's character to not beat around the bush. The Ipad that he turned to face her was shining brightly against his dark face. His tone was calm. His face stoic. But it was THIS Sajangnim that was the scariest of all. The calmness hid controlled anger. This time, Jisoo could only wish she was somewhere else. It was the first time she was called to the 7th floor office. She hated it. Especially that it wasn't her fault. Or anyone's fault except stupid Sports Seoul.

She sighed. Bit her bottom lip and wrung her hands together. She had been nervous all morning since she woke up after a series of calls and texts from both family and friends. Some were worried for her. Some were curious. The calls and texts kept coming. She had enough of it that she turned her phone off. Her manager had to pick her up and brought her to the office because he couldn't reach her.

She glared at the Ipad her Sajangnim presented to her earlier. At the moment, it showed a photo of her with an idol looking like they were holding hands.

BREAKING NEWS: BTS RM and BLACKPINK Kim Jisoo caught dating!

A new couple has been revealed. Click to show more.

"Well?" She had remained silent longer than her boss allowed.

"Sajangnim, it's not true." She said nervously. She looked up to him with pleading eyes. Asking him to believe her. There was a lump in that stops her from speaking anymore.

"They have photos, Kim Jisoo." He said gritting his teeth as he pointed at the device on the table.

Being called by her full name is never a good thing but at least, he didn't seem as angry as before. It gave Jisoo courage.

"I'm not dating him, Sajangnim. I don't even know him personally. I---" She almost plead.

"Then the obvious question is: why were you two together? By yourselves?" He motioned again to the Ipad.

"I just wanted to buy a book." She half whispered. The absurdity of it all was almost too funny.

How crazy would it be that of all the bookstores in Seoul, she and BTS RM had to be on the same one. On the same day. At the same time. With a papparazi on their tail.

"But, again, tell me why you went there on your own? Without your manager?" His angry voice made her turn her eyes back to him.

"I just---" She couldn't say that she was bored. What would that look like? Idols such as herself are usually busy. But not her. She chewed on her lip.

The least she wants is to anger him more by showing her resentment.

"Does it ever occur to you how ludicrous it would seem if we tell the press that you were strangers on the same bookstore at the same time? Conveniently so?"

She knew the answer to that as it was the same exact thoughts she had. Who woukd believe that he just kindly handed her the book she bought and forgotten in her rush to get out of the store without getting recognized.

With her head bowed down still, she heard her boss sighed. Just her rotten luck. Just when he handed her the book, the photo was taken when all she did after was thanked him hurriedly and left.

"Im not even angry at you, Jisoo." He said.

Jisoo looked up to him, confused. He sighed heavily again.

"Im more sorry towards you." He said with concern.

She knew what he meant. Netizens are cruel. They're relentless, too. She can just imagine the hate she'll be getting. Afterall, she was supposedly dating the leader of the world'd biggest boyband.

"No matter how sorry I may be towards you, Jisoo, you still broke the rules." He stood up and walked towards her.

"You know why those rules are there, correct?" Sajangnim said as he drew closer.

She nodded.

"Tell me again, why?"

"Coz we have photographers on our tail all the time."

"That's right. Remember what I told you, they want to get paid. Either they print it out or sell it to us. Either way, they get paid." Sajangnim said firmly. "But not from me. I will not pay them a dime and they know it. The only reason they are still in business is because people pay them. I will not be one of those." Her Sajangnim was almost breathless when he finished.

"Now all I have ever asked is for you to be careful. Any of you." He said, almost amused. "But your group, just like your Bigbang seniors, always get caught."

He clicked his tongue again. Remembering the mess that was Jennie's scandal months back.

"Sajangnim, Im sorry." She said, teary. She may have a bud of resentment growing towards him but it wasn't too much that she will forget that this man was a second father to her. He gave her a chance, taught her, mentored her.

She would never want to dissapoint him. She may, at times, be sassy with him but she will never disrespect him callously no matter how different he is from the YG the world knows and the YG his artists know.

"You are grounded. No phones. No going anywhere without your manager." He said sternly. "Lee Eunie will be----"

Jisoo gasped. "Sajangnim, it was my fault." She said in panic. She cant let her manager take the fall for her callousness. "Please don't fire Eunie unnie."

"Lee Eunie will be suspended for a month---."

Jisoo was about to protest again. "With pay."

She breathe a sigh of relief. Her Eunie unnie had parents to feed. She didn't even care what her punishments were. No going out. That was a given. No phones. She thinks it's for the best. She would need to stay away from the internet, anyways.

"Lay off social media. No posting for three weeks. No unsupervised excursions with or without your members. I will talk to your parents about your punishment." He said.

"But what are we to tell the press, Sajangnim?" she asked worriedly.

"I have spoken to Si Hyuk about this. Our statement has been sent out. You met through a mutual friend and have been seeing each other for two months as friends but you are not dating."

"But---"

"No buts. Again, the idea of you being strangers and meeting at that book store by coincidence is unbelievable." He said as he waived his index finger in front of him as if talking to a child.

Jisoo sighed. She guessed it was the best. Who would believe that anyways?

"Araso-yo." She agreed. Just then, his phone rang.

"You're dismissed." Sajangnim said as he waived  his hand in front of her.

He was already answering his call as she turned around to walk out of his office when he called her again.

Jisoo looked back at him. He was holding the mouthpiece of his phone as he spoke.

"Under no circumstance, should you be seen with Bangtan's Leader until this blew over." He said as he looked straight at Jisoo. "Am I making myself clear?"

Jisoo nodded.

As she walked the hallway outside his office, she thought of the man who she accidentally bumped into that day. How unlucky could she get? There were hundreds of bookstores in Seoul. Why the hell did they end up on the same one?

She flicked her tongue against her teeth. Sajangnim did not have to tell her not to see Bangtan's Leader again. She will make it a point to avoid him at all costs. It should be easy. He's too busy and she will make it a point to be holed up in her room unless she is required not to.

Easy pissy.

 

NOT.

 

 

She only left her room three times after her punishment was over while on hiatus. But lo and behold, he was there.

It was so exhasperating.

The first time, she thought it was a coincidence. He walked in on the coffee shop where she and her highschool friends decided to meet up. It happens, right? No big deal.

The second time, she was almost annoyed. She walked in on him on the chicken restaurant that she and her members were to have dinner after a photoshoot. They were already eating when she spotted him a few tables away from her as she tried to take a bite off her chicken wing.

Jisoo was so surprised that the chicken wing fell on her plate with a sound with open comically. Her members were surprised at her that they followed her gaze and found RM there. Just as surprised as they were.

Turns out, Jackson of GOT7 invited him to dinner and that chicken restaurant was closest to GOT7's dorm.

Needless to say, they had to take their dinner out. Not only were they afraid of another rumour or get scolded as she can still clearly remembered Sajangnim's warning but also because Jisoo has lost her appetite completely.

The third time was the charm.

All Jisoo ever wanted was to walk Dalgom. The dog had been itching to go out and had been on a terrible mood for days until Jisoo decided that she had enough with his tantrums and walked him to the nearest park.

It was a beautiful morning. The sun has barely risen. She thought it was safe to be going to the park alone as her members were still sleeping.

And so she packed a small backpack with hers and Dalgom's water, plastic bags, in case Dalgom, gets called by nature and with her phone, off she went. It was a great morning for a walk.

NOT! AGAIN!

All it took was for an overexcited Dalgom to forcefully tug on his leash while Jisoo was preoccupied with her phone. It was supposed to have just been a walk. Jisoo never expected to be sprinting across the park after her fat, pabo dog. Like his owner, Dalgom hated exercising but she guessed he's been in her room as long as she did that he missed the outside world.

"Yah! Dalgomie!" She yelled out of breathe. She rested her hands on her knees as she tried to catch he breath. Being a sloth was taking it's toll on her she has to do this often before their next comeback.

She held her head up as she heard a bark. Her knees still on her knees, bent over. She was breathing from as she saw another white dog sprint from behind her. He ran towards  Dalgom who was playing with the leaves of a mahogany tree. The two of them was sniffing eac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter