I'll Be

BLACKPINK - One Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The backstage was buzzing with activity. The staff were going from and to their various responsibilities that none took notice of the baby faced rookie idol standing on the sides. He was chewing his lower lip as he swung his leg back and forth for a lack of a better thing to do.

His hyungs were in their assigned dressing room too small for their group and their own staff. He decided to step out as the enclosed space felt suffocating. Plus, he couldn't just sit around as his insides were in turmoil.

Stepping foot on the studio the first time was nothing short of amazing. The number of "wows" and "daebaks" he and his hyungs had uttered could probably last them a lifetime as they gawked awestruck at the majesty that was the performance stage in front of them.

He swore he saw his Namjoon hyung shed a tear just by being there and Jin hyung giving the younger guy both a consoling and congratulatory squeeze on the shoulder.

They dreamed of this. They trained so hard to be here and it felt so surreal to Jungkook that he was one step closer to his dreams.

He took a deep breath trying to loosen the knots on his insides. One thing that comes with being so close to one's goals is the anxiety that comes with it. The desire to succeed coupled with the desire to flee.

A slow murmur build up to one side of the lobby  turned louder as a procession of people came cutting off his thoughts. The staff halted their activities as the group of people caught their attention too.

A tall man with a tag showing "staff" was leading the group. He was speaking in honorifics quite loudly.

The people in the backstage formed clumps of whispering sets as they eyed the newcomers.

"G-dragon..."

A whisp of their convo reached his ears and he strained his neck when he turned to the group so fast he felt whiplash.

The party drew closer and he got a glimpse of the lithe man in a leather jacket. He was wearing his glasses as he confidently strode forward. The men in front of him were too tall, Jungkook had to tiptoe. There was a swarm of stylists and managers surrounding him, carrying bags and clothes.

It was his mouth's turn to open wide. One of the staff scowled at him but he did not mind.

It was G-dragon! Their idol. The person he looked up to.

"Oh, my God!" He fanboyed. "Whoa, daebak!"

His eyes trailed the party as they passed by him. The staff with him nodded at him as he bowed a 90 degree bow at G-dragon and his group at the last minute. His gaping almost cost him propreity.

"I cant believe it." He breathe as the music show staff went back to their activities. "Let me tell my hyungs!"

Jungkook reached their small dressing room where s were in. It was small that some of their staff were standing outside. He grinned at them as he ran inside. Jumping up and down with glee.

"You would not believe who I saw." Jimin, Namjoon and Tahyung who were getting their makeup done looked at him in the mirror. Stylist noona had to turn Taehyung head towards her as he asked:

"Who?"

Jin who was sitting with Hoseok on a small couch near the door stared at the excited 15 year old quizically. His enthusiasm not rubbing off on them as they had been fidgeting anxiously since earlier.

Yoongi who was pacing back on forth in such a small space finally looked up at their maknae. The staff in the room gave Jungkook the look of pure tolerance.

"G-dragon!!!" He yelled, claping his hand as he wore a huge giddy smile on his face. "He was outside." He told Yoongi while pointing at the door. "I swore I saw G-dragon."

"G-dragon sunbaenim." Somebody behind him spoke. He felt a hand on his shoulder.

He turned to the man's voice and saw Bang PDnim. "You should call him G-dragon sunbaenim."

"PDnim!"

He gave Jungkook a caring smile. "You have already debuted, remember?" he tapped the boy on his shoulder.

Jungkook's mile widen. That's right. He has already debuted. And they were about to make their first music show appearance. He gulped as his nerve struck again.

"Alright, boys!" PDnim addressed them. "It's time to show everyone what you've got."

"Ne!" The boys chorused.

They had a round of pep talk in that cramped room. Bang PD reminded them how talented they were and how hard they have trained to be there. He told them that it will get a lot harder but that hard was a state of mind. He told them that they were the Bulletproof Boys because no matter how many difficulties would come, they will remain standing.

"You will be world wide famous." He said it with fervour. The seven of them exchanged glances. All were anxious, some of them showed hopefulness, fear and tinge of disbelief.

Each of them have their own talents. They knew at least that. They believe at least that. They were naive in a way but they were realistic, too. At least Jungkook was. He knew though that it may not be spoken out loud but deep down they knew that their company lacked resources.

It was a fact. They were too poor, Jungkook had to bow low to greet the idols he crossed paths with outside. Their signature clothes blinded him. They were way too eye catchy compared to his 14 dollar hoody they had just painted on.

"You can do this, boys! I believe in you!" Bang PD ended his pep talk and they put their hands together.

"1,2,3 Bangtan Sonyeondan!" Namjoon lead the cheer.

"Bangtan, you're up next." One of the staff called from the door. The boys shared another nervous look at each other before they went outside.

"Kwenchana?" Jin hyung put his arm on his shoulder on their way out.

"Ne,hyung!" He said despite the ache of tension in his ribcage. His heart thumping drowning out the sound of everyone. "You?"

"Of course!" Jin hyung gave him a quivering smile. His eyes showing the same nervous jitters he had.

His hyung gave his shoulder another squeeze as he walked ahead.

The staff put their mics on them and told them what to do, where to look and when to start. They were to practice first.

A staff was telling Jungkook what that he has to watch out for the camera that has a light on it so he'd know that it was the main one when he saw another staff member approach the PD.

He could barely make out what the staff was saying as his knees shake and hands turned clammy.

He whispered to the show PD who nodded and glance at their group before he made his way to them. He spoke to Bang PD who nodded in understanding. He called their manager and talked to him. Their manager then walked to the boys who were still getting instructions.

"G-dragon asked to practice first and Bang PD agreed." He told them. The boys nodded their agreement. They were rookies and he was THE G-dragon.

"I wish to be that famous, too." He told himself. All these music shows would want him everytime. He smiled as he imagined the power he would hold when Jimin yanked him on the arm.

"Let's watch him on the side."

Jungkook nodded vigorously.

"He's here." Yoongi hyung whispered. His voice with breathless excitement.

And true to his word, they saw their idol makes his way towards the stage.

"He's going this way." Taehyung squelled.

They saw him bow deeply to everyone. They all bowed to him as he neared. The staff stopped him as they put his mic on him the way they did to BTS.

Jungkook did not know who among them it was but they heard a loud gasp as G-dragon turned to them with a smile.

"What does your shirt say?" He looked at Yoongi who was closest to him who stammered. They couldn't make out what his replied was.

They couldn't blame him. They didn't know what's on his shirt anyway. It was so cheap, their staff could have picked it up anywhere.

"It's cool." He told Yoongi with a genuine smile. " You rookies?"

It would seem that it was not only Jungkook but the rest of the boys were dumbfounded. G-dragon was actually looking AND talking to them. He was world famous! He was the country's pride and he was talking to them.

Jungkook did not know who replied as he just stared at the man awestruck. He was bigger than life but was really humble.

G-dragon was about to say something when a girl approached him and he turned to her. It was unmistakable that she was wearing the same nervous excitement that was plastered all of the 7 boys' faces.

"Oh, J, look! They're your age and are already debuting!" He said as he gave the girl an encouraging smile. "It's your debut stage, right?"

"No. But it's their first performance on a music show." PDnim saved them from replying.

"PDnim," G-dragon greeted the older man and gave him a one arm hug. "it's been a while."

"It has." PDnim chuckled. "Last time I saw you, you were on your own debut stage."

"Ha!" G-dragon cringed. "If only I could go back and erase those memories!" He laughed. "Dont worry." he turned to the boys. "You will, too someday." He winked at them.

Jungkook looked around his hyung and breathe a sigh of relief to see that he was not the only one who got flustered.

"They're Bangtan Seonyeondan." Bang PD introduced. He named them all for G-dragon and they bowed again in being introduced.

"You're fifteen?" He asked Jungkook. "You're almost the same age as Seungri when he debuted." He said distractedly. He looked at the faces behind him. "You're the same age as Lisa."

G-dragon frowned as he looked towards the young girl next to him who, while they were talking was being assisted by the staff in putting her mic on.

"Where did Lisa go?" His voice had a tinge of concern before he seemed to remember something. "Oh, this is Jennie by the way. She's my hoobae." He introduced.

"Is hyung debuting a new girl group now?" Bang PD inquired.

"He will soon." G-dragon said. "Jennie here has just started training a little while back."

Jennie, so she's just a trainee but is already on a song with G-dragon. Wow! She must be very talented. They have heard the song but had been too busy to checd out the music video. It was dope!

Must be awesome to be in YG. He has always been a YG fanboy. From Teddy, to Epik High, 2NE1, to Bigbang, their dorm were packed with CDs of them especially for practice. He wished he brought one so he can have it signed.

The girl, Jennie turned to him with her piercing eyes that he shuddered. Intimidated. She gave off the same aura as his Yoongi hyung. The same guy the girl turned her eyes to. He did not know whether he was the only one that noticed but their cold stares could freeze anyone but not each other.

The others were still awestruck at being talked to by G-dragon that he saw Hoseok hyung elbow the open mouth Taehyung.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter