Chapter 9: Knock on a Wood

Going Up, Going Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon wakes up with a calm and breezy air, birds chirping loudly outside her window. It sounds like the perfect day to suffer, like always. She stretches her arms in her desire, but while doing so, she bumped two heads in the middle of her. She pushed the other two bodies sleeping beside her in irritation.

Why does she have to be in the middle.

She turns her back to the right, wishing a better view of the nature for her, but she faced a horrible-looking Chaeyoung, sleeping with open for any bugs to rest in. She’s even snoring loud.

Jesus. This is definitely not a good view.

 She turns her back to the left and she screamed in surprise to see Tzuyu wide awake, facing her.

“Jesus Christ!” the oldest girl pushes the younger girl’s shoulder and stood up quickly, frustrated at the fact that the start of her morning is appalling already (it’s always been, but not like this). Yes, she might have a huge house with a huge room—she’s really generous when it comes to helping those in need, but her bed is basically the epitome of her personal space. Her mom just always crosses the line that it itches her so much, but she can’t do anything about it. Her mom pushed them all three to sleep at Nayeon’s bed because she said ‘it’s big enough for three teenagers’. She’d rather sleep on the floor or on the couch than to be in the middle of two past lovers-slash-they’re-not, but her mom is always persistent.

And speaking of the three of them, why is there no incoherent mumbles of complains coming from Tzuyu?

Nayeon looks back at Tzuyu, moving her face forward at the younger girl’s face to examine her. She blinks a few times while Tzuyu didn’t; she even poked the girl’s cheeks, but no replies.

“What the ,” she cusses to no one. She realizes Tzuyu’s sleeping with her eyes wide open. She’s not awake, holy .

 She’s consider this as a fine day if only these two idiots didn’t accept her mom’s plea to sleep for the night.

“Stop being rude, Nayeon,” the latter’s mom says after she tries to lure her that she’ll walk her friends to their houses instead. It’s quite late now—she’ll just text Tzuyu and Chaeyoung’s parents about them staying over the night. “Tzuyu, Chaeyoung; I’ll take two towels and toothbrushes for you two to wash up. I’ll talk to your parents that you two will stay over the night here. Hope you don’t mind the pyjamas are from Nayeon.”

“We don’t mind, auntie,” Chaeyoung replies politely.

“Thanks, auntie.” Tzuyu helps Nayeon’s mom take Nayeon’s things.

“Nayeon, help me with the dinner, will you?” she commands her daughter who’s trying to sneak on her.

Nayeon sighs. She does what she’s told to do.

She groans as she remembers the night they were having a dinner. Her mom reminded her to fetch Sana and make sure she gets to go to School and make some new friends. Her own friends look at her with a worried look plastered in their faces as they chew and much their food.

She kept talking about Sana.

It’s 4:30 am in the morning, really really early. Her mom isn’t even awake at this time.

She decided to take a shower while her friends rest in her bed. She picked up some clothes and thinks for a moment. She doesn’t know why, but she wants to look extra good today.

She searches for some iconic looks and she picked Simon’s style from the movie called “Love, Simon”. She chooses her striped shirt and favourite thick blue polo—just right for fall season. Of course, with her semi-loose black pants and her only Adidas stan smith.

“Good clothes, ugly face,” she nods to herself as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter