Chapter 7: Dive Down Deep Down

Going Up, Going Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Didn’t I just told you not to bring any other asses, but yours?” Nayeon groans at the younger girl after seeing what she brought was the girl she expected the most Chaeyoung would bring. And she hates it, for your information.

“Look,” Chaeyoung tries to explain as she fumbles down in her seat, finding Nayeon’s hand in full fist. “it’s not what it looks like—”

“How can you explain why Tzuyu’s is here when I basically told you not to bring any other asses?!”

Chaeyoung, in irritation, hold a handful of her hair and whispered-scream at the girl in front of her. It’s her fault, yes—but it’s also not her fault. She owes Tzuyu a lot (mostly just plain guilt she has because of what she did before to her) and she can’t really help herself nor Nayeon. “Look, I tried everything on my guts not to bring her, but she insisted because we were having a sleepover!”

Nayeon mumbles incoherent words frustratingly as she sips her ordered tea, looking at the taller girl with all her might she can bring.

None.

No reaction—just a plain “you’ll stare at me? Okay, I’ll stare at you, too.”

What the hell is wrong with her?                                                                                        

The oldest girl planks her head hard on the table and sinks in in her thought. How can Tzuyu stand there emotionless? It’s like one of those old days she confessed to Chaeyoung and she didn’t have any reaction when she got busted—it even made Chaeyoung guilty for years because she’s her best friend and she did that to her. Tzuyu didn’t even let a single tear come out. She said it’s okay, she already knew it in the first play. It ended up Chaeyoung having a secret meeting with Momo and Nayeon—it ended up with her crying over Tzuyu because she’s guilty that she said she treats her only as her best friend (which has always been true).

Nayeon stops for a moment, an idea pops in her mind.

She looks back at Chaeyoung who is sitting across her with a worried look. She says lowly, smirking while looking back and forth at the two younger girls, “Why are you two having a sleepover without Momo and I’s knowledge?”

Chaeyoung panicked. That panicked look once again.

Bingo.

“Hey, you’re thinking it wrong!”

Nayeon only smirks more, irking her to defend herself. “There’s nothing between us, I swear! We were having a sleepover because—”

“If you’re trying to change the topic,” Tzuyu starts, walking towards her. How can she always look so smart and intimidating? It honestly irks both Nayeon and Chaeyoung because no matter what they do, Tzuyu always seems to know what’s going on inside their mind. “You’re doing a great job at this midget, but not at me. We decided to have a sleepover because we wanted to discuss about Momo possibly liking you in a romantic way. Now, go off with our past. That was years ago. Explain yourself why you and Sana kissed.”

Nayeon backs off for a long minute.

Chaeyoung backs off for a second. “Stop calling me midget after making me create mess you're clearly responsible, y-you ing gigantic giraffe!”

Tz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter