Chapter 5: Destiny Play Tricks

Going Up, Going Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“hey, honey—“

I know I’ll be your anchor

Just close your eyes and see

I’ll be by your side

Any time you’re needing me, oh yeah

“Look at this picture of you two.” 

You will find me

And you will find me

In places that we’ve never been

For reasons we don’t understand

Walking in the wind

Waking in the—

“Minatozaki Sana!”

Slap.

A loud sound of pain echoed through the hall, a family looking at them in curiosity.

“Ouch!”

That was embarrassing, Sana thinks. She bowed at the family for disturbing them and went back to her mother who’s looking expectantly at her.

“What’s that all about?!” Sana half screamed while she removes both of her earpods that is placed in her ears aggressively. They’re both waiting for her dad who have been holding an upset stomach after sitting on their designated seats inside the aeroplane for mostly 2 hours. Sana prays for whoever enters the comfort room not to fall unconscious from the smell of her dad’s anxious .

Sana’s mom points her index finger on her earphones and began to rant (just like she always does), “I understand why you’re wearing that white thing, but I can’t stand to hate it!” Sana just laughs a little at her mom’s actions, again with the white thing. Her mom sighs disappointingly—at least her daughter didn’t misunderstand her words. “Can’t you make the volume a little bit lower for the people that wants to talk to you?”

“Mom,” Sana grins at her, remembering the old days where her she’d complain about thing she can’t understand—she calls it ‘What The New Generations Are Into’. Her mom’s a busy woman—all day long, she’s at her clinic or in meetings, being one of the best psychiatrist she is at the Hospital. Sana and her dad will always be proud of her for doing the best things to her own family and her patients that are corrupted from the past. She looks back at her mom and said, “first of all, this white thing is called earphones. I told you that for a gazillion times. Second, it’s on full volume because I don’t want to talk to people at this hour. When you see someone wearing earphones, that’s a sign that they don’t want to be disturbed.”

“But still, I want to talk to you. I want to be sure that you’re fine about this decision your father and I decided,” she caress the younger Japanese girl’s hair and ruffled it afterwards. She scrunched up her nose and smiled, “I just hope that moving here wouldn’t be a problem to you.”

Sana beams forcefully (she’s right that it’s a problem to move to a different culture she’s foreign of), but she didn’t want her parents to be worried. She’s alright as long as they’re alright. “I’ve got Jeongyeon, remember? You don’t have to worry about me. She’d be there for me.”

“Oh, yeah. How are you and your Korean girlfriend?”

“Nothing much,” Sana shrugs her shoulders, pouting a little bit. “We’re both excited we’re going to meet each other, that’s all.”

“This dating online thing, seriously. I really hate it. Heard a lot about it from the news,” she scoffs, but lets out a soft expression afterwards, realizing what made Sana be so giddy about this moving out. “At least you and Nayeon are back together. That’s what I like to hear.”

“Were you serious when you said that Nayeon still remembers me?”

“Of course, I am,” her mom nodded. “Why would you doubt?”

“I don’t know. I miss her so much, but we grew up apart. Isn’t it kind of ‘no-more-this-spark’ moments after years passed?”

“Yeah, go slide left and right that you’re Lee Jieun, the ing most famous artist here. As if people wouldn’t find out you’re catfishing them.”

Nayeon eyes the small girl as if she’s laser beaming her.

“She’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter