Chapter 3: The Bent-neck Lady

Going Up, Going Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You kept on mentioning someone named Sana.”

. , , . She’s back.

But where is she?

Tzuyu noticed Nayeon’s dumbfounded look, checking out why she’s lying in a bed and why there’s a familiar white curtain—add some noises of familiar voices. “You passed out in the class 3 hours ago. We had to bring you here in the clinic.”

“Wait,” Nayeon pauses, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. “I passed out?”

“Yeah,” Tzuyu nods enthusiastically like it was so bizarre, but she was smiling uncontrollably. Is she happy that she saw the older one literally about to go to hell? She’s her little baby Satan, but that’s too much. If what she assumed is right, then that’s the most crucial thing Tzuyu ever did after 3 years of always mocking her. “You fell on Chaeyoung and it was such a nice scenario that I had to take a picture.”

“You little—“

“Anyway,” the taller girl cuts her off. The audacity of this girl is too astounding that the older one might as well punch a wall or something. She’s a real for coming at her like that. “Is she coming back?”

“Wait, how do you—“

“Answer me first and I’ll tell the rest,” Tzuyu deadpans. Seriously, who’s the ing older one here? Nayeon feels so small (well, she’s small in reality anyway, but that’s not the case) and intimidated at her little baby Satan sometimes—only sometimes. She settles back and leans on the headboard, sighing.

“Y-Yeah, she is.”

“What does she look like?” Tzuyu asks her while taking her phone out on her pocket. She presses something on her phone and Nayeon hears a familiar sound—a sound with a bit of an echo to let her know that it’s starting.

Her speculation is right.

 The younger one placed her phone on the bedside between them and let the latter see what she’s doing.

“You’re voice recording me, seriously?” Nayeon puffs a scowl, sneering at the screen as she sees herself. Not sure if that’s for Tzuyu or for the fact the she saw herself looking like a mess.

“Listen, it’s not what you think,” Tzuyu persists and lays her hand on the bed. “There’s just things that aren’t explainable, but it is in the future. You sounded like you were alone in some dark place, and you were looking for the only light that makes you feel safe. You know, like, Yin and Yang?”

“I get it. Really, I do,” Nayeon holds her head. It feels like someone just tried to jolty stab a piece of pin on her brain, and it hurts like hell. “But, she’s too outdated at this time.”

“You know that Chaeyoung and I like to dig buried theories, right?”

“Yeah…,” Nayeon speculates. “And what about it?”

“Imagination has a wide range of topic, and an imaginary friend is one. When we’re kids, we’re vulnerable outside the world. We’re are so imaginative that we can see some other things that anyone else can’t see. Now, that friend, Sana, has faded in your eyes as you grow older, but she went back out of nowhere. Did something you might know triggered her to just… poof?”

“I-I-I don’t know,” Nayeon stutters as a quick picture of her drowning flashes back in her memory. “I just remember that she protected me before when I was scared.”

“Here’s the catch, but promise me to not freak out, okay?” Tzuyu holds her pinky finger and crossed their promise with the touch of their thumbs.

Nayeon gulps. There’s a lot of things going down inside her mind—tons of massive idea that both built and destructed her, like for instance, what the is Tzuyu talking about.

“Demons, you know them, yeah? Kind of like you, but that’s not the point—“

Nayeon stances for herself this time. They’re both going to hell anyway, but that means she’d forever be with Tzuyu w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter