CHAPTER SIX

UNWRITTEN

Chapter Six

 

Back at the school

 

Sooyoung POV

 

By the end of the day all of us were gathered at the auditorium to hear the headmaster’s welcoming remarks. Exhaustion is written all over the face of the whole student body because of the first day surprise. What a day to start the semester, I am feeling bad omen for this school year.

 

Suddenly, someone grab me by the collar.

 

Juri: What the hell is your problem Choi? Don’t meddle with my affairs. Isn’t it enough that your stupidity made your dad imposed this kind of fiasco?

Yoona: Hey Juri! mind letting go of my friend’s collar.

Sooyoung: Why blame me for your incompetency Juri? It will be unfair if you would have some help while majority of the school suffers from the fiasco you’re talking about. (Juri let go of me and push me a little)

Yoona: Are you okay?

Sooyoung: Of course, she is nothing.

 

Kang Juri is really something; she is the daughter of the town’s mayor and one of the schools most priced athlete. That’s why she thinks she’s the school’s Alpha. I think she is more of the school’s . 

 

The event started with the school introducing some new faculties and facilities. Then my dad got up from his seat and went to the podium to deliver his welcoming remarks. Being the headmaster’s kid is really a pain; some think that it’s a good thing because he can protect you and all and you can be a ruler. But it’s not, old people expect me to excel academically which is not my strength at all. I am an artsy type of person who is average in the academic field. Plus my unnie is an achiever, talk about peer pressure if you ask me. But the most important thing is that I don’t want to disappoint my parents who are both doctors.

 

Headmaster: Welcome back my dear students! I hope all of you had a well spent vacation. Today is a very eventful day don’t you think. I know all of you want to strangle me right now but we did it for all of you. I won’t make my speech long so I will get to the point.

First, we have announced prior to the start of the school sem, all of you are now required to be engage in at least one extra-curricular activity. This aims to improve you social skills as wells it can help you find the path that you will take for your future. The student council will be the one to give additional information regarding this matter.

Now for the thing that I know most of you is more concern about. We just finalized earlier the new program that will be implemented in connection with your academic standing.  The advisers already explained on where we will base the grade for your initial evaluation. We agreed that if a student fails to meet the passing grade she will no longer be permitted to actively participate in any extra-curricular activity or any competition and we will advise the parents to seek a tutor. This will be imposed until the student performs and hit the passing grade. 

(As my dad finish his last sentence, the auditorium explodes. Most of the affected students are in fact the athletes. You see our school is pretty prestigious)

 

Yoona: What!? No freaking way, that’s very unfair.

Sooyoung: I think my dad has gone mad. We won’t have any more players in the teams.

 

All kind of conversation and words can be heard. I even hear curses and i feel like everyone wants to take their anger on me.

(Someone raises her hand)

 

Headmaster: Silence! Ms Kwon do you have a question?

Yuri: if a player fails, does that mean she will be taken out of the team?

Headmaster: Not really, the player is still in the team the only thing that she cannot do is perform or compete. Now with regards attending trainings and practices we will leave it to your parents to decide if they will allow you to do so. The result of the exams and the school’s recommendations will be sent to your parents by Wednesday. That’s it for now, my advice is to pray and hope that your average made it. Good bye and be careful going home!

 

Yoona: It’s okay for me to be out of the cheering squad but I can’t take if I will not be allowed to perform for the drama club.

Sooyoung: Come on be positive.

Juri: Hey Sooyoung! Why don’t you and your dad just die?

Sooyoung: (I pushed Juri and she fell on the ground) why don’t you grow a brain?

She was about to pounce on me but she was stop by Inyoung.

Inyoung: Stupid, don’t make a scene.  

Juri backed out and exited with Inyoung. On her way out she bumps Juhyun and told her something. Juhyun only nodded in reply.

 

Yoona: I really don’t like Juri and she is now with Inyoung. What a scary duo.  

 

 

  

 

Yuri POV

 

This is the worst day ever! I definitely failed those exams and my grades last year will not be enough to bring it up the required grade. I cannot afford to miss the league this year.

 

Yuri: This really , they should have told us about the freaking exams.

Jessica: Look at the bright side this will finally push you and Yoona to study seriously.

Yuri: How is that a bright side? Anyway are you going home with us?

Jessica: Nope, I’ll go home with Tiff and Krystal.

Yuri: I’m really amazed on how you manage to be friends with that psycho.

Jessica: are you the half-sister? You seemed to be more affected by our reconciliation. I am thankful that I have her now. Everything is all in the past and besides its fun to have an additional dongsaeng.  

Yuri: Dongsaeng?

Jessica: Tiff is three months younger so I am her unnie. Also are you forgetting the reason why she gave you a black-eye?

Yuri: and she is also the reason why I sprain my ankle! But more importantly I did not intentionally grab her s!

Jessica: What about?

Yuri: ripping her skirt is also not intentional!

Jessica: Hahaha you are so cute I hope in the future you can also see tiffany as a friend.

(I admire Jessica so much, despite all of the things that Tiffany’s family done to her and her family she was able to live in the same roof with them and even consider them as her own.)

 

Suddenly the two of us heard “Jessi!!!!!!!”

 

Yuri: Speaking of the devil.

Jessica: it’s as if you have a megaphone inside your mouth Tiff, let’s go home?

Tiffany: I’m good to go, where is Sunny and Krystal?

Jessica: Sunny has council meeting. Krystal texted me she will just meet us in the parking area.

(I don’t know the reason why I suddenly glared at Tiffany then rolled my eyes”

Tiffany: Excuse me Ms Kwon Yuri but what is your problem?

Yuri: You give me chills.

Tiffany: I already said I’m sorry.

Yuri: whatever. See you Jess.

 

I left the two of them and meet up with Yoona. We went home with just the of us because sunny and sooyoung are still in the meeting.

 

Yoona: Unnie, I am scared. What if we fail?

Yuri: Don’t worry too much. Even if we fail the initial evaluation we can still make it up during the second evaluation.

Yoona: You think so?

Yuri: we are not dumb and you know that. We just don’t like to study so maybe Jessica is right we must look at the bright side.

Yoona: How can it be the bright side?

Yuri: she explained it but I didn’t understand her point. Look, mom will be away until next week so let’s just enjoy the remaining days of our happy life.    

 

 

Taeyeon POV

 

After the assembly the three of us stayed behind as we need to finalize the plan for the clubs and organization. To tell you the truth executing this will be very hard given that there are only three of us in the council.

 

Sunny: Do we really need to finalize everything today? This day is very tiring.

Sooyoung: I hate this day.

Sunny: I talked to shinyoung unnie and she already predicted that more than half of the varsity will be affected by the new rule. But this will be beneficial to the other student. The sports team can accept more students that will serve as back up players.

Taeyeon: I doubt that is a good thing for the teams. But I am amaze on how diverse the school you either be the achiever, the artistic or the athletic.

Sooyoung: Maybe that’s the reason why they implemented it; for everyone to see that they can merge those three and be the most badass student of this school. My dad is really something.

Sunny: why do I feel like you’re very affected?

Sooyoung: I feel like my classmates blame me; as if it was my fault why my dad implemented this program.

Sunny: Why would it be your fault? You’re grades are okay and you are in the drama club. There is nothing wrong with you.

Taeyeon: You are in fact the balance of those three well a little bit leaning in the artistic department.

Sunny: Besides the one that made you feel that way is a complete that’s why you should not let yourself be bothered by it.

Sooyoung: you saw that? Both of you are small! Wait did my dad notice it? I think I’ll get a continuation talk later.

Taeyeon: Chill kid, I don’t think he saw it.

Anyway let’s move on, but first I have a proposition why don’t we recruit some student to help us in the council. Because I doubt that we can finish it all in time.

Sunny: Like a votation?

Taeyeon; Not exactly, they won’t be handling any position it’s like we have our own executive assistant. 

Sooyoung: I think that’s a good idea.

Sunny: meaning the council will be the one to expand first.

Taeyeon: exactly! We can include it in our announcement tomorrow regarding the club meeting and new club requirements then accept applicants by Wed.

 

We managed to wrap everything then we meet up with Hyoyeon in the parking lot.

 

Hyoyeon: can’t you make your meeting shorter?

Sooyoung: The squad already had a practice?

Hyoyeon: of course not and besides who wants to practice after today’s BS.

Sunny: so you waited here alone?

Taeyeon: I doubt that, did shinyoung unnie revealed your grade?

Hyoyeon: No, she will let her brother tell me my grade. Let’s go! Tae I’ll drive you can rest.

 

Taeyeon: Sooyoung

Sooyoung: yes pres?  

Taeyeon: have you meet Juhyun?

Sooyoung: of course she is my classmate and I see why you ask me to check on her. Btw who is she? Is she your girlfriend.. yieeee

Taeyeon: hell no! she is our precious little dongsaeng.

Sooyoung: Little??? She is almost the same height as me.

Sunny: Juhyun? Tiffany’s cousin?

Taeyeon: Yup!

Sooyoung: you are also related to her?

Sunny: nope, she is from tiff’s mother side.

Sooyoung: I just realized, did she just transfer last year? I can’t remember her from grade school.

Hyoyeon: she was home schooled.

Taeyeon: she is also very introverted.

Sunny: Did Tiffany ask you again to do a favor for her? She was worried about her and thinks that she will be bullied.

Taeyeon: No! Let’s just say me, hyoyeon and tiffany are the only friend she has that’s why we’re very concern.

Hyoyeon: Juhyun said that she is good in hiding herself from bullies.

Sooyoung: What do you mean?

Taeyeon: she is currently rank 3 in your year but believe me that kid is a genius. Plus she is a year younger than Soo.

Sunny: I thought tiff was kidding when she told me that she is way smarter than you. Quiet smart kids are often the target of bullies.

Sooyoung: But unnie I think her strategy didn’t work.

Taeyeon: what do you mean?

Sooyoung: If you compare her to the other high ranker in our year she is the most vulnerable from bullies.

Taeyaeon: Did something happen?

Sooyoung: I suspect that Juri is asking her for help and I think you know what I mean since its Juri.

Hyoyeon: Damn it

Taeyeon: okay, I’ll talk to her. Thanks Soo.

Sooyoung: No problem pres just treat me food.

Sunny: Prepare to empty your wallet Tae.

Taeyeon: Hyo will share with me so no problem.

Hyoyeon: What!?

Sooyoung: Yehey!!!!!!!!!!!

 

After we dropped Soo and Sunny in their house we decided to drop by the mansion and talk to juhyun.