CHAPTER ONE

UNWRITTEN

Chapter one

 

Some Years ago

 

One sunny afternoon two little girls are running thru the busy street of Seoul. Both were excited to play around the park and hangout with their friends.

 

Yuri POV

 

Mom was really annoying she kept on insisting that we finished are homework first before we could go outside. I hate doing homework what is the point of studying when I will be an athlete someday.  At this rate we will have to treat those three.

 

Yoona: Unnie! Please slow down, the park won’t go anywhere you know.

Yuri: Stupid did you forget about the bet. If they arrive before us we will have to treat them snack.

Yoona: Oh right! Sorry about that.

 

Once I saw the park I stopped running because I saw Sooyoung waving her hand and smiling like an idiot. Beside her were two smaller people Jessica and her younger sister Krystal. Sooyoung is a year younger than me and Jessica but last year she started growing limbs and now taller than me. They are neighbours who happened to live in the street next to us.

 

Jessica: You guys are late. (Bored expression)

Krystal: Hi Unnies! I miss you, let’s play hide and seek today. (I smiled and ruffle her hair)

Krystal is two years younger than Yoona.

Sooyoung: Let’s eat first Krystal. The Kwons will treat us today.

Yuri: (sighing) what do you guys want?

 

Sooyoung, Krystal and Yoona started blabbering all the foods that they want to eat while Jessica is sitting on the bench with sadness written on her face.

 

Yuri: Yoona! Here is the money buy the foods.

Yoona: Only me? Why won’t you come, sooyoung wants a mountain of food.

Yuri: Because I’m older and if you’re short of money pay for the rest.

Krystal: I’ll come with you Unnie.

Sooyoung: Me too! Maybe I will see other varieties.

Jessica: Be careful!

 

Once the three of them were out of sight, I sat down beside her and she just hugged me and cried. I was actually surprise as I do not know how to comfort a friend.

 

Jessica: I heard my Mom talking to my dad. She said she is dying. I am scared Yuri what if my mom dies. (She is trembling; I don’t know what to say)

Yuri: It’s okay! Everything will be fine. I am here I will be with you. Your mom will be just fine (I hugged her tightly).

 

 

 

 

Sunny POV

 

My mom and I went to visit my cousins. I am observing her and she looks like someone who is looking for a fight. Her mood is the same when she waits for my dad to get home when she doesn’t inform his whereabouts.

 

Mom: Go find Tiffany, me and your uncle will discuss some adult stuff.

 

I went upstairs to her room. She was under her blanket and I am hearing soft sobs. I take the blanket off and saw her red eyes and she immediately hugged me.

 

Sunny: What happened, did uncle scolded you earlier?  

Tiffany: No.

Sunny: He hit you? (She shakes her head and faces me)

Tiffany: Oppa and Unnie were arguing with him. They said that he is a liar and that he never loved mom. We found out that we have two other siblings and one is older than me.   

 

We heard some shouting downstairs so we went down; apparently it was my mom and her dad. Her other siblings were also listening to the adult discussion. It is okay for them to be part of the argument because both were already mature.

 

Mom: So what is your plan now, are you taking them in?

Uncle: What do you expect me to do, ignore them. She is dying!

I am not a good father and I cannot erase my sins. But they need me and I promise you won’t I abandon this family.

 

 

Taeyeon POV

 

My dad brought me and my sister to the Seo estate. He and my mom are working for Master Ilkook and Madaam Jihyo they are the owner of one of Asia’s biggest conglomerate. Well, that’s what my dad used to say but when you look at the old geezer he just look like my grandfather who happens to live in the country side. When we arrived at the main house, we were greeted by dozen of servants. They lead us to the living room.

 

Master: Ah Secretary Kim!

 

The three of us bow down and greet him.

 

Master: Good to see you and you brought these two little rascals. (He ruffles our hair; it really does feel like his our grandpa).

Hyoyeon: Waddup Master ilkook? Still kicking I see. It’s been a while your hair is turning grayish.

My dad pinch my sister’s cheek

Dad: You little! Show some respect. (Glaring at Hyoyeon)

Taeyeon: Sorry for my sister behaviour master. But seriously how are your knees. Are your arthritis completely gone? (I saw his eyes twitch a little and just smiled at us)

Master: You too are as lively as always. The fruit doesn’t really fall far from the tree.

Dad: Hehe sorry about them master.

 

The door opened and revealed an old woman; wearing a simple dress yet she looks like the queen of England. Beside her is the woman that we love the most.

 

Twins: Mommy!!! (We run towards her and hugged her tightly)

Mom: My lovely babies did your dad feed you? (She showered us with her kisses)

Hyoyeon: We dine in Mcdonalds!!! (my mom just look at my dad and shake her dead)

Madaam: I see you brought these two adorable cuties today. (She smiled at us and I thought I saw mother Teresa)

Twins: (with full of energy) Good Morning Madaam Seo!

Taeyeon: You are still beautiful madam.

Hyoyeon: Have you been going to the gym lately, you look y!

Our mom was just looking at us grinning and our dad just scratching his head.

Madaam: You think so? Thank you! I have been doing yoga with your mom. If you say I’m getting ier then it means it’s very effective.

Master: Yah! You two hinted that I am getting old but decided to tell this old hag that she is y?! Ouch!!! (Madam seo kicked him in his side and look at him menacingly)

Madaam: What did you said Honey?

Master: Hot! Hot! I said Hot. (He was now holding his side while my mom and dad attending to him).

Madaam: (She pulls out her wallet and gave us money). Here take this buy some ice cream and snacks before going home.

 

Because of the commotions I haven’t notice that there is another kid in the room. She has a bandage on her head and her left arm was in a cast.

 

Taeyeon: Mom who is this kid? (The kid was just looking at me and decided to hide at madaam’s back)

Hyoyeon and I approached her.

Hyoyeon: what happened to you? Are you from an orphanage? (She just look at us and shake her head.

Dad: don’t ask such question casually!

Taeyeon: (I stretched my hand for a shake) I am Taeyeon and this is my twin Hyoyeon.

Kid: (she took my hand) I am Juhyun.

Madaam: She is my granddaughter. Please be nice to her.

 

Me and Hyo smiled at her. She also smiled but I only see sadness in her eyes.