The End

Love story...

It was a warm summer's evening in the middle of July. Uie, Yunho, Jaejoong, and I were on this street well-known for its drag-racing. There were flashy cars everywhere and girls dressed like hookers. I felt kind of strange being here, since it's not exactly my type of place, but the other three have been here before and loved it.

                                       

Both Yunho and Jaejoong brought their cars to race.

The place was crowded. I didn't understand how cars could race here without hitting anybody, but they somehow managed to do it.

Uie walked over towards me. I knew she could sense my nervousness so she put her arms around me and said, "Relax! This place is fun. You just have to let go of your fears and peace out."

I smiled weakly but didn't say anything. It felt odd for Uie to be hugging me like this. She hasn't exactly been friendly towards me since she and Yunho had gotten back together.

A loud pack of cars then came together. Each car had a rose entwined around a sword painted upon their hood. I understood immediately that this was some kind of gang.

I stood over by Jaejoong and asked him, "Who are those people?"

Jaejoong replied, "The Atlantic Gang. They all work at the Atlantic Garage and they're really good drivers. It takes a lot to beat them. They don't play fair at all."

This was starting to get scary. I hoped and prayed that neither Jaejoong nor Yunho would dare try to race on of them. The entire gang looked mean and awful.

But Uie had the exact opposite on her mind. She suddenly bounced over and threw her arms around Yunho.

"Yunho!" she squeeled. "I want you to race Jag and win for me!"

Jaejoong tried to stop her. "Uie, don't say that. You know how dangerous Jag is."

Uie just grinned and replied, "I know. That's why I want Yunho to race him. To prove his love for me!"

Yunho looked at me. I could tell that he didn't want to. Not because he was scared of this Jackie guy, but because he didn't want to prove his love for Uie. He didn't love Uie, he loved me!

Uie caught us looking at each other and I quickly averted my eyes.

She started to plead. "Please Yunho? It would be the nicest gift that anyone has ever given me! Come on, Yunho, I'd do it for you."

Jaejoong finally spoke up again. "Yunho, if you do this, I'll go with you. It's safer that way, we can look out for each other in case Jag does anything sneaky."

Yunho slowly nodded but Uie cut in, "I want you to win, Jung Yunho. Don't play it safe. Safety is for losers and losers don't win."

I just had to say something, I could let it slide. "Yunho, don't do it, it's too dangerous. Plus, those people over there look as though they play rough--"

And Uie interrupted, "They do play rough. That's why I like it." Her gaze was unnerving and I didn't want to look at her anymore.

Jaejoong placed a hand on Yunho's shoulder. "I got your back, dude."

"And I got yours."

Those four words basically meant that Yunho was going to go for it. Uie shrieked ecstatically, jumped up and down and then right into Yunho's arms. He hands circled around his neck and she forced her lips onto his. Seeing them kiss like that made me want to sink through the floor and disappear forever. Jaejoong must have felt the same way, he just looked at the ground with his fists in tight balls.

That's when a tough-looking Atlantic er stood on the hood of his car and shouted, "Who's willing to compete with me?"

His buddies all erupted in a loud, booming cheer, but nobody dared step up to the plate.

Yunho put Uie down who nudged him forward. Yunho looked at Jaejoong and they both walked up towards the gang.

I grabbed Yunho's arm and whispered, "Yunho..."

He looked at me with saddened eyes. They told me everything that he didn't have to say.

When they walked up to Jag, I wanted so badly to cry! This guy must be really bad if only two people dared to come up to him. It didn't really help to relieve my feelings when another scary looking man also walked up.

Uie approached me and said, "Don't worry. Everything will be all right. Yunho loves me, and he'll do anything to make me happy."

This was the first time I had ever wanted to physically hurt my friend Uie. I wanted to punch her, strangle her, kick her, and scratch her eyes out! I wanted to yell at her and scream at her and ask her how she could let Yunho do something like this!

But all I said was, "I know."

------------------------------------------------------------

When the race began, Uie and I pushed our way through the crowd to see the track better.

The four cars were lined up together, each one revving its engine as though the cars were in conversation. Jaejoong and Yunho were side-by-side, but I saw that Yunho was right next to the car with the rose and sword on it.

When the gun went off, I held my breath and watched them fly.

Jaejoong kept his word, he followed Yunho effortlessly and basically looked out for him. The race seemed quite clean at first, until Jag brought out his dirty bag of tricks. Jag rammed his car into the car to the right of him causing the other driver to run off course and nearly hitting some bystanders.

I gasped. If Jag was willing to hit that car, who would stop him from hitting Yunho's car?

I looked over at Uie who's face was emotionless. How could she remain calm at a time like this? I looked away and watched the three cars.

Suddenly, Jag's car jerked towards Yunho's. Yunho quickly swerved his car away and no damage was made. They were so close to the finish line when Jaejoong's car suddenly surpassed Yunho's.

"What is Jaejoong doing?" I screamed.

Uie must have been just as shocked because she suddenly gasped, "Oh my God!"

Jag's car took another swing at Yunho, but this time at a much faster speed. The car banged right into Yunho's car just when Jaejoong was passing him. Yunho's car hit Jaejoong's car and began spinning in the opposite direction it had been going. Yunho's out of control car hit Jag's car which sent him off course and Jaejoong crossed the finish line on his own. The car that Yunho was in hit light pole and stopped. Smoke began leaking out of the smashed hood and no movement was made.

The entire crowd fell into a hush. I pushed my way through the crowd and ran down the track.

I kept running and running but it felt like ages before I actually got there. Why am I so slow? Has time slowed down just to mock me?

When I got there, Yunho's head was leaning out the window. He hadn't rolled his window up so he didn't hit the glass but the window shield was cracked and blood was everywhere.

"Yunho? Yunho! Wake up! Wake up!" I held his head in my arms. "Benny? Talk to me! Are you okay?"

I saw his eyes fluttering and knew that he was still alive. He's alive!

I tried to open the door but it had gotten smashed and wouldn't open. So I reached over to try to get his seatbelt undone.

He spoke to me. "Kahi, don't. I'm not going to make it."

His voice was soft and breathy, as though it pained him to make a peep.

"Yunho, don't talk like that. I'm going to get your out of here and everything will be okay." My face felt wet. I didn't know if I was crying or if that was his blood.

"Kahi," he began again. "I have to tell you something...before I go..."

I was sobbing now. I couldn't get the seatbelt undone! I couldn't get him out of there!

"Kahi," he whispered. "I love you, Kahi. I have always loved you. I will always love you..."

"Nooooo! Yunho, please! Don't go!" I cradled his head in my arms and kissed his face. "Yunho, I love you too! I have always loved you. Everything will be all right, everything will be fine."

"I love you, Kahi. Kahi, I love you..." With those last few words, I felt him go limp.

I howled in pain.

------------------------------------------------------------

Yunho's funeral was overcrowded with people. His entire family came from all over the world and all of his friends and fellow classmates had come around as well.

Jaejoong was weeping uncontrollably. He felt as though it was his fault. He should't have tried to beat Yunho, he should have kept his word and watched out for him.

Uie was abnormally quiet. Her eyes looked glazed over and she was mumbling something underneath her breath.

I cried so much that I thought I would shrivel up. My Yunho was gone. In just seconds, he was gone. How could God do this to me? Why? Why give me the one man I had ever loved and take him away from me so soon?

I will never ever love another as much as I had loved Jung Yunho .

------------------------------------------------------------

"Uie! What are you doing out there?"

Uie was wearing a beautiful bride's gown complete with the veil and flowers. She was standing out in the ocean, dancing.

I ran after her. "Uie! Come back!"

She looked at me and laughed. She started twirling and twirling.

"UIE!" I screamed at her.

She stopped twirling, looked at me again, and blew me a kiss. She threw her flowers into the air and they started falling down like rain. I watched as each flower made its way into the water, and she was gone.

------------------------------------------------------------

Wise men say,
Only fools rush in.
But I can't help
Falling in love with you...