Hopeless

Love story...

Ever since Yunho and Uie got back together, things started to get normal again. Uie no longer had her mood swings and seemed much happier. She didn't seem to notice the gloom that surrounded her. Yunho wasn't happy, Jaejoong wasn't happy, and I was definitely not happy. But we all pasted bright smiles on our face and showered her with our love and affection. I don't know why we do this to ourselves. We just sacrificed three people's happiness for one person. I guess we're just idiots.

After that disastrous talk with Yunho, he and I had hardly spoken a word to each other. Imagine my surprise when he showed up during my morning swim.

When I came back onto the shore, Yunho was sitting on my towel, much like the first day when I met him.

"Hi."

"Hi."

I sat down beside him and wrapped myself into the warm towel.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

Yunho sighed. "We need to talk."

"About what?" I seriously didn't know. I thought everything was taken care of and things were the way they should be.

Yunho looked up at me with saddened eyes. "Kahi, I can't do this. I can't be with Uie when the person I truly love is you. Don't make me do this, Kahi, please."

"No, no, no, no! We already went over this! You have to stay with Uie or she'll go crazy again!"

He wouldn't listen to me and just took my hands in his. "Kahi, please. Tell me, do you love me?"

I didn't answer him, I couldn't answer him! I avoided his eyes and stared into the ocean instead.

He took my cheek into the palm of his hand and turned it until our eyes connected. Then he whispered, "I love you, Park Kahi. I will always love you. I can't bare a second living without you. You are my soulmate. I knew it from the second we met."

Tears started dripping down my face. How I hate myself for crying! I told myself I had to be tough, had to be strong! Don't relent Kahi, don't give in!

"I love you too, Yunho!" I sobbed. My arms threw themselves around his neck and we hugged.

What happened to my toughness and strenghth? I wasn't supposed to give in! God, I'm such a wimp.

Yunho suddenly let me go. "We have to tell her. We have to end this now."

I gasped. "We can't do that, Yunho! Uie is fragile, she'll break if we tell her!"

Frustrated, he turned away. "What else could we do, then?"

"There's nothing you can do." I turned around at the sound of the voice. Jaejoong was standing there, his eyes looked the saddest as I had ever seen them.

A wave of guilt washed through me. "Jaejoong, we were just..."

But he interrupted me. "I understand. I don't blame you. You're both doing something very brave for a person you love by giving up on your own love."

Yunho stood up and faced his friend. "Jaejoong, help us. We don't know what to do!"

I looked up at the two boys in hope, but Jaejoong only shook his head.

"There's nothing to do," he repeated. "Nothing to do."

My heart sank with every syllable he spoke. "Then all hope is lost."

Yunho wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly. We both cried together. Jaejoong must have not wanted to intrude for he walked away. But there were two angry slits watching Jaejoong and I. A pair of eyes had surveyed the entire thing. Her fists clenched together and her breathing became hard.

I'm so sorry, Uie. I didn't know you were watching.