Why Love Hurts

Love story...

All night I couldn't sleep. I just kept tossing and turning. There was too much going on inside my head and I didn't understand any of it.

If Yunho and Uie had such a wonderful relationship, how could Yunho let her go that easily? She clearly wants him back, why won't he take her offer?

A part of me was jumping for joy at the fact that he didn't take her offer. I was completely ecstatic! Yunho loves me! Jung Yunho really, truly, and honestly loves me!

But then I think about Uie, the pain that was wrenched across her face when he left her there. How could he be so cruel as to leave her like that?

Oh God. I'm so confused.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must have slept for a total of three hours. I would have gone on 'til noon except my mom woke me up at eight in the morning.

"Sweetheart," she said while nudging me softly. "Wake up, there's someone here to see you."

"Who?" I asked groggily.

"Uie," she replied.

Oh no. This isn't good. I threw my blankets off of me and sat up, my eyes blinking rapidly trying to get used to the light. I got myself dressed, took a deep breath, and got ready to face my best friend and biggest enemy.

When I got downstairs, I saw Uie's silhouette through the screen door. She was sitting on the steps and had her head down.

I opened the door and sat down next to her.

Uie looked up. "Hey."

"Hey."

She sighed. "Look, I'm sorry for what happened last night. I guess I just got too emotional."

I really didn't want to hear this. "It's okay, I understand."

"No, you don't understand." Her voice was so hard, it caught me by surprise. "Yunho and I have had a long history together. We were voted Most Likely to Get Married during our Senior year. We were both Prom King and Queen. We were the best of friends and loved each other and everything!"

I don't want to hear this! I don't want to hear this! I don't want to hear this!

She went on. "But we'd get into fights all of the time. We'd break up, then get back together. Break up again, and the next day we're together. It became so routine! Break up on Monday, back together on Wednesday. We just couldn't stand being apart."

Why is she telling me this? Why???

Uie looked me in the eye. "I love Jung Yunho with all of my heart."

In other words, Back off, Uie, 'cuz I'm not letting him go.

Of course, I didn't say that out loud. What I did say was, "I understand completely."

Her face broke into a sunny smile and she hugged me. "I knew you would! You are my best friend, Kahi! My bestest friend in the whole world!"

Arggghhh! She's killing me here! I don't want her to say that because it isn't true! It's not true! She just basically told me to stay away from Yunho, friends don't do that to each other!

But then I got to thinking. Do friends let other friends take their boyfriends if they go crazy without them?

Later in the week, Uie acted very strangely. She'd throw a fit if Yunho weren't by her side at all times. She's cry if Yunho wouldn't look at her. She'd jump up and down for joy if he just walked through the door.

I really didn't know what to do. So I let him go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a week after the talk with Uie when I brought it up with Yunho.

Yunho was shocked. "What? You want to break up? But why? I thought you liked me!"

This was breaking my heart! "I do like you, Yunho, no, I love you! But I can't do this to Uie. It's just not right."

He grabbed my hands and brought his face close to mine. "No, you're not doing anything to her. She's the one ruining our relationship! Please, Kahi, don't let her win! I love you, I don't want to lose you!"

"But I can't lose Uie!" I shouted at him. "We're losing her Yunho, can't you see that? She's gone completely mental! You're the only one who can control her emotions. I'm afraid that if we...if..."

He finished it for me. "If we stay together then she'll do something crazy. Like kill herself."

I sighed and nodded my head. Jaejoong had told me that Uie had been suicidal before. I couldn't let that happen again. I didn't want her death to be on my conscience for the rest of my life.

Yunho shook his head. "I can't do it. I can't go back to her. I love you, Uie, don't make me do it!"

I started crying, I couldn't help it! I was so happy that he wanted to stay with me but I was so afraid! I didn't know what Uie was going to do, she was so unpredictable! If only there were a clear solution.

Benny had began to sob too. "Please, Kahi. Don't make me do it. I love you, I love you."

He kept repeating it over and over again. I couldn't take it anymore!

"I don't love you Jung Yunho! I don't love you! You mean nothing to me! NOTHING!" And I ran away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've done incredibly stupid things before in my life, but that's got to be the dumbest thing ever. I was so mad at myself! But my pride kept me from coming back.

But at least my plan worked. The next day, Yunho and Uie were holding hands.