Chapter 8 : The monstrous girlfriend

My Best 5 Initiatives
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Namjoon had been looking at the printed pictures spread in front of him, published on the Internet an hour ago, searching for a way to get out of this nightmare and to get back to his old and quiet life. He, s and some other employees were having an urgent and important meeting, once again. He left several messages for Maya but she wouldn't answer him ; he recalled she said she was going back in France and felt desperate at this idea : would he have to take care of this all alone, by himself ? He wanted her to help them, to stay by his side to support him. He knew Maya was right ; she could not have done anything more about this matter and they actually published the pictures way earlier than he and the company thought. But still, he felt annoyed. She could have tried and come to Seoul. That would had been better, at least for all those employees to stop badmouthing her.

 

« Namjoon, are you listening ? Bang Si-Huyk was looking at him, hitting the table with his pen. Can you please pay attention to what we're discussing, it concerns YOU and YOUR group, BTS.

- Sorry, Namjoon sat up straight and put his hands on the table. s were seated around him, giving him some worried stares from time to time. All of them were facing the leadership employees of Big Hit Entertainment. Their managers were on the side, silent.

- Did Maya respond to you ? Yoongi asked, in a calm voice.

- No... Not ye-

- This girl is so troublesome, one of the employees said, quite angry. She thinks that she can do whatever she wants ? Huh ?

- I think it's because she's on the plane right now, Namjoon confessed. She was going back in Fra-

- What, she went back ? So she went back ? Really ?

- So there's no way for us to contact her again ?

- She flew like this ! Unbelievable !

- What should we do now ?  »

 

The employees began to talk louder and louder, furious against Maya, and he wasn't able to stop this. The fact that he had with her and that he and s had an improper behavior with one of their fan was long forgotten and put aside ; some of the employees just wanted Maya to be blamed and ashamed. They wanted her to pay for what she had done. For breaking BTS perfect image, for throwing the company in fire, without even looking back. Namjoon felt wrong about their attitude, so did s. He sinned, they all sinned.

Namjoon scratched the back of his head, uncomfortable. He thought of the first time he saw her, sitting next to their crew during the rehearsal. She seemed so small and stressed when she came near the stage to greet them that he felt amused and tenderized by her light blushes. She was smiling and spoke some korean to introduce herself. He first thought she was younger than Jungkook but, when he caught her cold hand to help her get on the stage, he felt something different. He tightened his fingers around her hand and got lost in her eyes for a couple of seconds. She lightly bowed and laughed sweetly, thanking him. He witnessed her shyness when she passed her fingers through her long hair, tilting her head on the side, and how graceful her moves appeared to him when she was walking backstage with them before the beginning of the concert. He wanted to talk more with her, to learn about her life and to touch her more.

He wanted more of her.

 

 

 

 

I was only waking up ; it was almost noon and I was still feeling tired.

I had trouble to sleep yesterday, even though I was dead tired from my long and exhausting trip. My parents were kind enough not to ask me questions and make awkward observations when we reunited at the airport and I was grateful for that ; they usually weren't this mindful and, although they weren't mean or bad intentioned, they used to spread their words without thinking about it twice, which had hurt me many times as a teenager and lost young adult. I guessed they felt my despair and deep sorrow as I hugged them, eyes full of tears, in the airport, unable to pronounce a word. My little brother took my two heavy suitcases and my dad my carry-on baggage. My mom grabbed my hand and I felt her love warming my fingers.

I felt love and was finally home. I didn't know how much I missed them until we gathered again together on the sofa, talking about how it rained the last days and why we shouldn't give too much food to my aging dog. Marc was the only one missing but I knew he would soon come home for Christmas.

 

« Maya, do you w- oh, you're still sleeping ?

- I'm feeling so tired, I said, sitting in my bed. Come, I touched the side of my bed for my brother to join me. He sat down next to me and a few seconds passed until he spoke again. It's been crazy lately, huh ? As he was scanning my room, his dark brown eyes stopped on me. Like me, he had this way of looking at people, meaning more with his stare than his words.

- Yes, don't worry... even if it's been crazy lately, don't forget you're sister's a tractor.

- Enough with that, I was 5 years old when I told you that ! How come you still remember ?! »

 

We both laughed and it filled my heart. He turned his gaze toward my window. The sky was white. We could see the neighboor house, decorated for Christmas, and their garden in which the flowers were slowly dying, killed by the night freeze. We were commenting on the Santa Claus hanging on their child room window when the doorbell rang. We both looked at each other, wondering who it could be, waiting. My dog began to bark as we were trying to be as silent as possible for us to hear the voice from downstairs. It was a girl and I was pretty familiar with this voice ; even thousands of kilometers away, I kept on hearing it every single morning.

 

« Finally ! Karine broke through and crashed on both Mael and I. Don't ever go far away again, she warned, rolling to my right side to lie on the empty spot. I missed you so much.

- I missed you too... all of you.

- I was there before you arrive with your ugly face, you know, Mael stared at Karine. »

 

They had always been teasing each other and, sometimes, I was wondering if they wouldn't date, someday. Marc and I used to joke about this las

Please log in to read the full chapter