Chapter 6 : Waking up on notifications

My Best 5 Initiatives
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

When I came home, I went directly to bed.

And forgot to charge my phone... again.

 

You really need to come here ASAP

 

That is the first message he sent me, almost 8 hours before I got to see it. I might actually have received it when I just came back home. I had 26 text messages along with 38 missed phone calls and 7 voice messages. All from the same person : Kim Namjoon. Hundreds of social medias notifications, 18 e-mails, lots of message from my family and some audios from Karine too.

I was pretty tired and wondered what happened. My body seemed dislocated and my voice wouldn't get any better. I was wondering if I would actually be able to go to work the next day when my phone vibrated : Namjoon was calling me again.

 

« All-

- Why are you only answering now, like, really ?! Where were you all this time, I mean, it's been hours ! What were you doing ?!

- Sorry, my phon-

-We have a BIG problem and by big, I mean, ing hug-

-OKAY NAMJOON, just calm down now, please ! My voice cracked and wasn't audible anymore. I let out a small sigh.

-… Are you okay ?

-I am. I spoke normally but only whispers came out of my mouth. I tried to clear my throat ; unsucessful. Loss of voice.

- We have a big problem. Big Hit called us... Someone saw us yesterday. Our manager is very mad. »

 

I froze.

 

« Wh, what ? How ? When ?

- When you arrived at our hotel, when we both left the suit... to get into my room... and when you left my room in the morning...

- I'm sorry but hey, there wasn't anyone by this time. Isn't it some threatening thing ?

- Nope, I can tell you it's not, we have to go back to Seoul. We're in the airport right now. They have pictures. And I think they are blackmailing the company.

- Pictures ? What pictures ?

- That's the problem, I have no idea. Bang Shi-Hyuk is going crazy and that's normal because we're basically ed now.

- I can't believe it.

- Well, you have to. And, second problem, Twitt-

- But did you see someone ? I stopped him. That doesn't make sense.

- I can't remember ! We were so damn drunk and now, gosh... »

 

Suddenly two faces popped in my mind : the two men in the corridor. Those who were waiting for the elevator. What if they weren't customers ? What if they were reporters ? I remembered I saw two faces when we left the suit room to get in his. I thought these were Yoongi and Jimin faces but they might not have been. They couldn't have been, after all. Because Namjoon closed the door when he quit the others and it was only the two of us. I was so drunk that I couldn't clearly recognize their faces but it must had been them. Did they wait the whole time for me to get outside of the room ?

 

« Oh no... I remember seeing two guys but-

- Really ?!

- Yes, but I didn't think of that...

- You should have told me !

- Wellllll I had NO idea, I thought they were just... normal... peo-

- So you saw them, argh... We're leaving, see you.

- See y- »

 

He hung up. My heart was beating so hard in my chest that I feared it was going to break through my bones and crash onto the wall. I could feel my blood rushing through my vessels causing my appeased feelings to drown with the perilous flow. He seemed angry at me and in panic ; I was desperate. I tried to sit down in my bed to breathe more easily but I just had the time to turn my head before I threw up on the floor. It was merely alcohol and acid because my stomach was completely empty for several hours and I hadn't drunk water since a long time. Plus, I had always been quickly submerged by stress and didn't have any power on it ; and, at this very moment, my stress levels were raising higher and higher, waiting for me to implode. I managed to tidy up my mess with difficulty, trying to stay focus on my task, and decided to go downstairs to brush my teeth, wash my face and have some water.

 

« Maya, you okay ? Lizzie asked, staring at me when I went out of the bathroom. Did you chuck ?

- Don't worry... I took a glass, poured some water in it and drank as if my life was depending on it. I drank another one, trying to soothe the devastating fire raging inside of me.

- You look so pale, you sure you okay ? You want something ? Anna had stood up to get a closer look at me.

- I'm okay. I didn't eat yesterday and drank a lot of alcohol so that's probably it, I smiled, faintly.

- So it's not concerning Twitter ? »

 

My heart missed a beat : I had totally forgotten to get a look at my notifications.

Please log in to read the full chapter