Chapter 2 : Jungkook's phone

My Best 5 Initiatives
Please log in to read the full chapter

Each step became faster and faster. Jungkook was walking without looking in front of him, fixing his feet, eyes on the ground. It was a fan. A fan recognized him. He wanted to turn back so bad to see what she was doing, was she taking a picture of him ? Was she filming him ? He wanted to run but he would have looked ridiculous, right ? She was just a fan, a girl, nothing more. They were taking a break. Sure, they weren't really allowed to go outside of Korea because of the album preparation, but they were grown-ups now. They didn't have to ask permission all the time to Big Hit, right ? He thought Namjoon told their agency, still.

 

He thought to himself : if he started running at this right moment, people would have stared at him. He went right at the corner of the street and rushed inside the hotel. There he realized he was holding his breath all this time. He took one deep breath and another. He was fine. He then headed to his room, calmer.

 

« Jungkook ! How was it ? » Jimin asked, lifting his head up from the book he was reading.

 

Jimin was lying down on his bed, near the window. They took a simple and adequate room, although spacious, with two double beds in a luxurious hotel. A large window offered various views depending on the time of the dynamic arteries of the busy district, untiringly full, and let the sun in through the day. The carpet smothered the sound of their footsteps.

They came, only the two of them, to have some fresh air and wander around Tokyo, city in which they felt more freedom. They had a little break, some days to rest and took this chance to go back to Busan to see their relatives. Then, Jimin wanted to do some shopping and asked Jungkook if he would like to go with him to Japan. Obviously, Jungkook accepted and thought it would be a great opportunity for him to test his brand new camera and cinematographic skills. It was just for two days.

 

« What is it ? Why you doing that face ?

- I bumped into a fan... I don't know why it stressed me out like this... »

 

Jimin, who was observing his friend, couldn't stop his sudden laughter.

 

« So what ? You hurt her ?

- No... But I spread her things all around... Jungkook said, waving inconsciously Maya's keys. And look, she's got my character. »

 

The guys marked a pause, looking at the keys.

 

« It's her keys, right ?

- … Yep. »

 

 

 

 

 

I almost finished to put back my belongings in my bag and stood up, sighing. He was gone so fast. Did I scare him ? Why ? I looked at myself in the reflection of a shopwindow. Sure, I scared him. I looked like I've come straight from hell. Still, I would have liked to tell him some nice words, like “congratulations” or “keep going”, I don't know. Something encouraging but not too personal. Nevermind, it gave me a scoop to tell my best friend in my audio for the next morning. Japanese people are quite honest people ; they would have brought back my keys in the nearest police station. I doubted Jungkook would do the same though. Not that he wasn't honest or anything, but he was famous. He would probably leave them somewhere or give them to his hotel staff. They weren't nominative and, anyway, there was no way they could find me in this anthill without my adress, my phone number or my name. Fortunately, my sharehouse frontdoor was an electronic one, I just needed a code to enter. But those were my work keys... trouble.

I took my phone and opened my music application whilst putting my earphones. I made a few steps, adjusting my bag on my shoulders and looking one last time behind me, making sure I didn't forget anything. That was when I saw it. I rushed to pick it up and widened my eyes. It was the brand new iPhone, without any protection so, apparently, the choc must have broken the screen, but it was still functioning. The battery was running out. The wallpaper was a Jin picture, pulling a face. Instinctively, I looked the loading port : it was the same as mine.

I had Jungkook's phone in my bare hands.

I couldn't suppress my laugh and looked at the people passing by me, a bewildered look on my face.

 

« What should I do now ? What do I do ? Gosh... »

 

I began to walk again but suddenly stopped.

 

« What should I do ? »

 

I moved from the way not to bother everyone around me. Jungkook had my keys, I had his phone. I tried to unlock it but it was impossible : it worked with his digital prints or a passcode. I tried various combinaisons, beginning with his birthday and other members' birthdays but it wouldn't work. Impossible. I looked aside, searching for an answer. If I took it with me and he sent the localisation, he would see where I was but what would he think of me ? That I am just some kind of crazy obsessive fan and a thief. He seemed shocked enough when we met. If I brought it to a police station, that would be fair and admirable from me. So honest. But would he find it back ? Probably not, I didn't know. My mind wasn't operating well anymore. If I brought it to the police station, he could get it and might even be grateful toward myself. If I took it home, and he found it, he wouldn't come to get it, he might just buy a new one. Would he bring me back my keys ?

I wasn't able to think straight or focus on anything.

 

« What do I do ?! »

 

As my stress level increased, my thoughts were colliding. To be honest or not to be. Keep it or leave it. Without knowing it, it has already been several tens of minutes passing by. And I was there, on the side of the road, exploring multiple scenarios.

If I ever found a way to unlock it on the internet, I would get an access to a lot of his personal informations. And then, what ? Except to satisfy my curiosity, I wouldn't do so much about it. It would be an invasion of his private life and, anyway, I would never post anything concerning him on social medias. I was already the kind of “discrete person”, not really sharing a lot of my personal life on social medias (or so I thought...), so what would I do with his phone ?

It was stupid. I just had to take it to the police.

Still it was Jungkook's phone, like how in the world did it happen to get in my hands ? Wasn't it some sign of destiny or something ?

No, I definitively should take it to the police.

My excitaton has gone. My euphoria had suddenly stopped after I simply faced my reality. I had to stay simple, modest and honest. I nibbled my inferior lip. I had dreamed so much of this kind of drama to happen to me, where everything becomes possible. But it was real life and I knew I would never get to see him again, him or the whole group. They are famous celebrities, known all over the world, followed by hundreds of thousands of fans, actually millions of them, just like me. They must have had enough of this kind of immature stories and obsessive reveries from their fans.

I headed towards the nearest subway station and noticed the police station facing it. I stepped forward, pushing aside my disappointment, when an idea came to me.

 

« Twitter. »

 

I hastened to grab my phone and connected on my Twitter account. I cut the music which was filling my ears to optimize my concentration and put my earphones in my jean's left pocket. I took a quick picture of Jungkook's phone in my hand. Could I send them a personal message ? Even if it was the case, they probably wouldn't see it and wouldn't read it, they might have hundreds of them everyday. I decided to write a post. It just had to go viral. I didn't have any followers on Twitter, at least less than ten. My mom and some friends. I didn't even know how to use Twitter, I never went on it, I was way more on Instagram.

More than forty minutes have passed by when, finally, I was ready to publish my post.

 

I think I bumped into Jungkook earlier,

and we both dropped things on the ground.

He might have taken my keys and lost his phone.

Found it @BTS_twt

 

I then tried to put ALL the hashtags I knew.

They had to see it.

Please log in to read the full chapter